Chapter 30:

Pic above is Rose's dress.

Recap:

"Admit it, you don't feel anything for Rose. It's not love." Elizabeth smiled.

Feeling annoyed, Elijah sped to Elizabeth and grabbed her by the throat. "I have had enough of being a gentleman. Why won't you leave?"

"Tell her, Elijah...tell her we were to be married...Elijah." Elizabeth murmured as she touched his arm. Elijah pulled back his arm back and he was looking confused.

"You are lying!" He snarled.

"I am not!" Elizabeth smiled sadly.

"Then why don't I remember?"

"Because your mother repressed that memory. You see...you had fallen in love with me...but Esther told me she had repressed that memory. I swear on Thomas' life that it's true!"

"Esther? She's dead."

"I'm back, son."

Elijah froze before he looked back in utter shock. He was stunned. His mother stood there, back in her own body.

"How?" Elijah faltered. "You died!"

"Magic," Esther smiled. Elizabeth looked surprised and Elijah just looked gobsmacked.

"Miss me, brother?" It was Kol.

Esther smiled at her sons, but Elijah was shocked.

********
Chapter 30:

At the boarding house, a worried Rose paced her bedroom as she waited for Elijah. There was a knock on her door. "What?" She asked impatiently.

"Food's here." Elena smiled. "Still no word from Elijah?"

"I'm not hungry. And no, he was supposed to be here an hour ago." Rose stopped walking, "You don't think...Elizabeth has done something? God, I knew I shouldn't have left him with that poisonous trollop."

"Haha!" Elena grinned. She walked into the room. "Look, Rose, do you trust Elijah?"

"What? What do you mean do I- of course I do. I trust him with my life. I always have."

"Then there you go." Elena smiled. "You have nothing to worry about."

"I suppose you're right." Rose smiled. She took off her jacket and looked at Elena. "I keep forgetting that you and Katherine aren't twins. You're much sweeter than that whore."

"You got that right." Elena sighed. "Just...be careful around her. She's never one to back down. She always plays dirty. I should know." Rose, who was tying her hair in a ponytail, paused. "She was the one who killed Caroline, turning her. Katherine had the vendetta against me. She wanted Stefan."

"And you were with Stefan at that time?" Rose asked.

"Yeah, and you know how that ended." Elena pulled a face and rise chuckled. "Come on, Rose, let's eat."

"Okay. I suppose you're right about Elijah. He wouldn't hurt me."

"Exactly. He's probably busy." Elena comforted the older vampire.

"Yeah, come on, before the guys eat all the food." Rose chuckled.

Meanwhile, at the bridge it was all going down. Elijah stared at his mother, still not believing it. After a while, he cleared his throat. "Why have you come back? Why now?"

"I told you son, I came to bring this family back."

"Forgive me, mother, but I do not believe you." Elijah sighed.