Chapter 34:

Recap:

"Hey." Dean smiled as he sat beside his best friend. "Are you okay?"

"Yes." Rose stood up. "I've had enough of Mikaelsons." Rose sighed before she looked at Rebekah, who was standing behind her fiancé. "I still like you. Your mother and brothers? Not so much." Looking around and catching Elijah's eyes, Rose sighed again. "I've gonna call it a night and go home."

"You can't leave yet!" Rebekah pouted. "Look, even though you're hooking up with Nik, I don't want you to make a mistake. Please stay, there's cake!"

"Sorry, darling." Rose murmured. "There's only so much I can bear." She looked at Elijah and her heart broke as Elizabeth put her head on Elijah's shoulder as they danced. Even though Rose and Elijah were pretending, Klaus' kiss was not a part of their plan and it hurt Rose. She smiled at her friends and caught Klaus' eyes, who smirked. Sighing, Rose walked out. She stood in the cold air outside and stared at the visible moon. "Tonight sucked." Rose murmured to herself as she wrapped her arms around body. She began to walk before she came to a stop. "What the hell do you want?"

"That's no way to speak to your lifeline." Katherine smirked.

'Lifeline?" Rose asked with skepticism. "What kind of a lifeline?"

"I know where your brother is."

Rose's eyes lit up. "Really?! Lead the way, Kathy!"

Katherine glared at the taller brunette as she hated being called Kathy. Rose started to walk when she came to a stop. "Aren't you coming?"

"I am." Katherine murmured as she sped off. Rose sped off after her.

******
Chapter 34:

The others were watching as Dean and Rebekah danced to some slow music. "You know," Elena looked at the dancing couple. "I actually like Dean and Rebekah together. He brings out the best in her and actually makes her bearable." Elena looked at Damon with a smile. "That's what love is."

"Are you drunk?" Damon asked as he put his arm around Elena. "Because I am."

"You're always drunk." Elena sighed as she supported Damon's weight.

"So are you." Damon smirked and Elena chuckled. Damon squinted around the room. "Ugh, look at them. My brother and the psycho barbie. Just look at them. He could do so much better."

"Oh, Damon." Came Rebekah's voice from the other side of the hall. "If you like the use of your hands, I suggest you accept that we're gonna be family."

Dean chuckled as Damon scowled. He looked at Elena. "She even eavesdropped on our conversation!"

"Careful, Damon." Rebekah winked from afar. Elena rolled her eyes as she continued to support Damon's weight. Rebekah chuckled and looked at Dean. "What's wrong, honey?"

"I'm worried about Rose." Dean sighed. "I tried calling her, but she won't pick up the phone. I have a horrible feeling she's in trouble."

Rebekah smiled sadly. "Shall we send the rest of the guests home?"

"No." Dean murmured. He looked at Rebekah and smiled. "You deserve to have a beautiful night, Rebekah."

"I know." Rebekah chuckled. She looked around the hall and sighed sadly. "Nik isn't even here. I don't know where's he's gone. Elijah's sulking in the corner and Kol is dancing with some random girl." Rebekah gritted her teeth and she chuckled bitterly. "Mother didn't even bother to turn up."

"Did you really want her here?" Dean asked as he twirled Rebekah around.

"Honestly? No." Rebekah looked over at Elijah. "I wish Elijah and Rose were still together."