Chapter 12:

Recap:

"I'll love you, forever and always," Elijah whispered as he looked at Rose's grave. He stooped low and placed a single red rose on the freshly dug earth.

"Let us go, brother," Klaus murmured as he and Elle sped back. But, without uttering a word, Elijah had already sped off.

"Oh, sweet Rose," Klaus murmured with a smile before he too, sped off. Elle looked at the headstone with a sad smile and she whispered, "something to remember me by," as she stooped to the grave and kissed her two fingertips before placing it on the grave. A tear fell as she too, sped of

************

Chapter 12:

No one's POV:

It had been almost over 200 years since Rose had been killed and buried. Klaus had not heard from his brother, Elijah since the funeral, nor had he seen him. He and Elle had been all over the place, mostly trying to run from his father. They had not heard from Elijah, but Klaus suspected his older brother did not want to be found. 

Klaus watched Elle as she read a book on the balcony. He reminisced as he picked up a tumbler of drink and sat in front of the huge fire. 

*FLASHBACK*

Klaus walked towards Elle as she looked at Rose's dead body. "Master," she gasped in surprise. "I thought thou was with Master Elijah," she murmured. Klaus walked over to her and he looked right into her eyes before compelling her, "Thou shalt give that pendant to Rose to protect her," he touched Elle's neck gently and she nodded. She blinked only for him to be gone. She glanced at Rose before she sighed sadly and grabbed a damp cloth.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

No one's POV:

It was the year 2012 in Mystic Falls. Elle and Klaus were in the Original mansion, having come back after some time while they stayed in New Orleans. 

"Wow! I can't believe we're back. After almost 200 years," Elle gasped as she looked around the once beautiful mansion

"You better start believing, sweetheart," Klaus smirked as he threw his bag on the dusty recliner. He looked towards the ceiling. "Elijah hasn't been here," he murmured and Elle's face fell slightly.

"It's been nearly 200 years since Rose died. Where could he be?" She frowned before her eyes widened. Without a word, Elle sped out and Klaus, who knew where she went, followed.

Mere seconds later, Elle was standing in front of Rose's grave. " I'm sorry I left you," she sighed before she sat, crossed legged on the hard ground.

"I'm a vampire now! Yeah!" Elle smiled before looking downcast again. "Elijah's gone AWOL. The last time I saw him was here,". She heard a slight swoosh and new it was Klaus. Kissing her fingertips, Elle touched the grave softly.

She smiled at Klaus slightly before speeding away. Klaus walked towards the grave with a small smile. "Long time, love," he spoke as he stared at the weathered grave. He stared at the grave before he looked around and whispered, "Why did you end it?"

*FLASHBACK*

It was the year 1920, Klaus was at a bar with Stefan, his sister Rebekah and another blonde. He watched with a displeased look as Stefan danced with Rebekah. 

"Nik, grab yourself a snack and quit acting like a sulky child," Rebekah smirked, making Stefan chuckle. Klaus scowled at the other two before he walked to the bar. Draining his glass, a sudden movement from the corner of his eye startled him. He stared after the young woman before she noticed him and her eyes bulged. She sped out and he followed.