Chapter 7

Sorry for the late update :) Please see the AN at the end of this chapter x

Recap:

Just then I saw the red curtain being ripped into with a sword and held Rose even closer, zooming away with vampire speed. As I hid with a shaking Rose in my arms, I looked from afar as Oscar looked over the balcony, dumbfounded, before he let out a scream of rage and swung his sword around like a mad man. I could see Rose was whimpering and sped away even further into the woods. 

*************

Chapter 7:

No one's POV:

It had been a few days since Rose had escaped with Elijah. The duo were currently in the woods, as they seeked shelter from the heavy rain. Elijah noticed how she was happier than he had ever seen her with Oscar.

Elijah was stood just inside the stone cave as he watched out for the rain. His back was facing Rose, who was sat on a boulder.

Rose couldn't help but stare at Elijah who was looking at the sky.

"We should make a move soon," he murmured as he listened out for Oscar and his men. Elijah had compelled a guard to spread the word that Rose was dead after she drowned in the river, trying to escape from her captor. But he wasn't aware that Oscar had refused to believe this unless her body was found.

The heavy rain wasn't showing a sign of stopping anytime soon. Sighing, Rose looked around the small cave they rushed in and wrapped her arms around her body as she was very cold. Hearing her teeth chatter, Elijah handed her a cloak that was hanging off his shoulders.

"Thank you," Rose muttered as she looked at the ground with her hands clasped. After a few minutes, she sneaked a small glance at Elijah again.

"Um. What exactly are you?" She asked nervously as Elijah chuckled as he looked at her. Then looking away, he sighed before looking back at her again. "I'm a monster, cursed to roam this earth until the end of time itself, " as he turned to face her.

Unable to tear her eyes away from him, she slowly began to stand up. To her, it was as if no one else existed on this cruel planet apart from her and him. She walked to Elijah and mustered up the courage to look at him.

"I don't think you are a monster, I've lived with a monster for almost ten years and you're not it," she murmured as she gazed at his lips, nerves filling her. She then playfully pushed him into the rain and he stood there, heavy rain hitting his strong yet lean physique as he looked stunned.

He watched her as she gigged uncontrollably and was amazed at how she seemed like a different girl from the one he had saved.

"You find that amusing?" Elijah asked as he smirked. He walked towards Rose and looked deeply in her eyes before leaning in towards her neck. Rose's breath was caught in her throat as she felt her body heat up at the close proximity of the man. Elijah softly kissed the crook of her neck and watched as Rose shut her eyes, a small smile on her face before she pulled away, looking regretful.

"I can't do this. We can't do this," she gestured to herself and Elijah who simply raised his eyebrows. She was scared that Oscar would kill her if he discovered that she so much as looked at another man, let alone kissed him. Trying her hardest to tear her eyes away from his dripping body, Rose walked towards the boulder and sat down before speaking "I. I do not know what possessed me to kiss you sir. Please forgive me, I suppose I got my first taste of excitement and wanted more," she smiled sadly as she dared to look at him. Unsmiling, Elijah stared down at her as he tried to make sense of it.