Chapter 9.

Recap:

"It was him. He was the one who attacked me. I recognised his scent," Rose whispered as Elijah's eyes darkened in anger. He watched as Klaus bit into a woman's neck and blood seeped out. Rose watched, horrified, as Klaus growled, hungrily slurping the woman as he grabbed another compelled maid to drain.

The guests didn't even flinch as they saw their fellow party goers being torn and drained. It hit Rose that all of the party goers were humans, with only Elijah and Klaus being vampires. Feeling sick at the sight of the deep red blood and the slurps, Rose grabbed Elijah's hand and pulled him away.

***********

Chapter 9:

No one's POV:

It had been a few days since the bloody party and since Rose saw Klaus. She and Elijah always stayed in his quarters of the mansion, where she was tended to by the countless number of maids. Elijah was stood at the window whilst Rose was sat on the swing outside, a book in one hand and a photo in another.

Elijah smiled at the slim figure as she stared into the distance. He was falling for her hard and hoped she reciprocated the feelings. "Miss Rose looks beautiful," a soft voice sighed and Elijah looked to see it was Elle, the only maid who was not compelled as she was also a witch whose loyalty was to Elijah after he saved her.

"She is," Elijah murmured with a lingering smile. He sighed and turned to the maid. "Where is my insolent brother?". The maid, who was staring at Rose with an awestruck look, jumped and sighed as she looked at the vampire. "He...He is not here," and she looked down. "You are dismissed," Elijah spoke and he walked towards his bed, picking up the stake that would weaken Klaus if used.

"Elijah!" a breathless voice spoke and he turned around to see Rose, who looked disturbed. "I..fear I must talk to you. Clear up any misunderstanding," she murmured as she avoided Elijah's eyes.

Spite the do fact that he was one of the most feared vampires to roam the planet, Elijah was fearful of what the girl would say. He watched as she walked towards him slowly and she stood on her tiptoes. "I...I..," she looked away, trying to summon the strength to tell him the truth. Looking back, she whispered "I love you, I think," and she looked down before adding, "I'll understand if you want me to leave an-" she was cut off when Elijah bent down slightly and kissed her on her lips. She froze, her heart beating very fast and as Elijah broke the kiss, he murmured, "I love you too," as he touched her cheek with the back of his hand. Rose smiled and then she flung her arms around his neck, kissing him back passionately. After a few seconds, the duo broke apart and Rose giggled, "Thanks,".

When Elijah looked at her with a confused expression, Rose added, "for saying you love me too, not many people have loved me, or even said those words to me," she looked down as her voice wobbled. Elijah smiled and tilted her chin up ever so gently and whispered, "I'll love you, forever and always," to which Rose replied, "I promise I'll never stop loving you," before she stood on her toes and kissed Elijah softly. Elijah and Rose hugged each other and the girl broke apart to ask him, "so...are we courting?" as she bit her lower lip. Elijah looked away and smiled, "I suppose we are, my beloved,".

Klaus' POV:

I watched as a few compelled maids scrubbed the floor that was still stained with blood. This was the result of my party a few days ago. I smirked, remembering the look of terror on Rose' face as she saw me rip into the compelled citizens. Elijah, my so-called noble brother, did not bat an eyelid, but she, Rose, was clearly horrified. 

I knew they were in Elijah's room now and I felt strangely lonely. Why would I feel envious of my older brother? I could have any girl I wanted, besides, she is just a pathetic human who is not worthy of me. I sped out of the room and stood in the garden.