Chapter 5

Vic's POV:

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and no sense of comfort in my bed. I was alone.

I tried my best to get up and go downstairs to get some Advil for my aching hangover.

I walked downstairs to find Tony and Katie sitting on the couch with Jaime in the kitchen. Once I laid my eyes in Katie, memories of last night came flooding back. I stopped in place to see if they had or hadn't notice me.

Why the hell did I tell her that!? Now she's going to be all defensive and scared! I swear if I freaked her out, I may go insane.

Katie has just been starting to open up to us and now, I may have just ruined it for us all. I have to admit, Katie has grown on me these last three weeks. I mean, she is smart, funny, gentle, and beyond beautiful. I just want her to warm up to us already, I can't hold in these feelings forever. But if I let them out, she'll run away.

I stared at Katie as she sat on the couch next to Tony. She held a cup of coffee in her small, fragile hands and sipped it sweetly. I smiled down at her from where I was standing to see she was wearing another one of my shirts. She always looks so adorable in them.

As I stood there engulfing her beauty, I realized that Tony had sparked a conversation between the two of them. They laughed, argued, and joked around a bit as they got more and more into the conversation. The only thing that caught my interest was that Tony would sit closer and closer to Katie the more that they talked, and she didn't seem to mind. They seemed so...comfortable together. It gave me a feeling in my stomach that I didn't like at all.

I walked down the rest of the stairs and came to a hault as they all stared back at me.

"Good morning!" Tony chirped. I grabbed my head on instinct, "Really?"

"Sorry." He laughed. "I'll go get you some advil." Katie insisted, getting up and going to the bathroom. I sat down in a love seat across from the couch and got comfortable.

"Here." She said, holding out he with a glass if water and two pills. Her face was glowing with beauty as I stared up at her. My heart fluttered when she sent a smile down at me.

I took the medicine graciously to stop this pounding head ache,

"So, looks like you guys had fun last night for the fucking hour we were gone." Tony laughed, Katie giggled.

"We'll we were drinking on the bus a lot too! But it doesn't matter what we were doing, where did YOU two go?" Jaime winked at the two of them.

"Starbucks." Katie chuckled. "Barely because you guys called us to get home RIGHT when we got there!" Tony yelled.

"He really wanted Starbucks." Katie chuckled. "Well, Starbucks is amazing.." Tony pouted.

"Anyways, where's Michael?" I asked, searching around for my brother. "He went out."

"Out...?"

"I think he said to go get more cigarettes." Jaime yelled from the kitchen. I shook my head,

"He needs to get rid if that nasty habit."

"Well, for now, we should eat. We can fix that later." Jaime cheered, bringing us all pancakes and burnt toast.

"How do you burn toast but make pancakes perfectly?" Tony asked. He shrugged,

"It's just me. It's who I am!" Jaime replied, digging into his food.

While we all finished our breakfast, I couldn't help but notice Katie being quiet the whole time. And not her usual silence, no, it was an uncomfortable silence.