Chapter 27

Katie's POV;

"You're a little late." Vic laughed. I rolled my eyes, "You never defined 'night' so I'm not technically late." I chuckled.

He grabbed my hand and I jumped a little, "I'm glad you came."

"I don't know if I am too yet.." I sighed under my breath and sat down on the grass. He sat down next to me and leaned his head on my shoulder,

"I've missed this place, to be honest." I spoke up. I could feel him smile against my shoulder, "Me too."

"I've forgotten how pretty it is in this spot." I chuckled, almost out of breath from the beauty of our view. "Our spot." He whispered, kissing my temple. I rolled my eyes,

"Yes, our spot."

Vic just sat there and stared at me. I started to feel a little uncomfortable..

"Um, why are you staring at me?" I asked. He blushed, "Uh-, sorry, I just..miss being able to see you. I went from seeing you everyday to not seeing you for over a month. It's a weird transition."

"Yeah, I know. You leave for tour soon, right?" He nodded,

"Next week. Why?"

"I leave for tour next week too.." I whispered, trying to make sure he didn't hear. He gave me a confused look, "With who?"

"Um..blessthefall, Woe, Is Me, Miss May I and..We Came As Romans." I replied awkwardly. "Oh.."

"Yeah, we'll be going to Europe for a week and then I come back to the states to visit Matty and Brittany in Texas while they visit their family there."

"Wow, you're a busy person." He laughed. I frowned, "What? I can't be busy?"

"N-No, I just mean..like..-"

"I know, Vic. I'm just messing with you." I laughing, pushing him lightly. He pouted and I kissed the tip of his nose lightly. He kissed my cheek in return and I blushed. He turned my head for me to face him. He leaned his head in and brushed his lips against mine. I pulled away,

"Vic..I don't think..I-" I stopped and shook my head. "What's wrong?"

"I can't just go back to you whenever and I don't know why but you always pull me back in an-"

Vic stopped me with a quick kiss, "I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I know you probably just want to move on but I always try to get you back or make up with you and it must be annoying." He laughed weakly.

"No Vic, it's not like that. It's not annoying I just don't even know anymore. I just think we shouldn't try to see each other anymore. We can still be friends but I-..I should probably go." I said, getting up and walking to my car. Vic stepped in front of me, stopping my path.

"You don't have to, really. It's nice being with you again, I miss it."

"It's only been a month, Vic." I laughed. He grinned, "Well then it's been a month too long. I miss you." He whispered.

"You're too much Vic." I giggled, patting his cheek and walking past him to my car. I started the engine and waved goodbye to him from my car, driving away and leaving him in the dust.

*****************

"I knew I shouldn't have went. That's basically leading him on, right?" I asked Katleynn as we grabbed our Starbucks and sat down at an empty table near the window. She shrugged,

"I guess in a way but its not like you said you'd get back together with him again if you went. And you did tell him you just want to be friends." She pointed out. I sighed, "Yeah, I guess you're right. But I still feel bad, you know?"