Mr. Popular: Chapter 18

"Sakura-chan!" Hinata squealed as she hugged her pink haired friend.

"Hinata, you seem happy," she said and watched as a smile broke out on the midnight blue haired girl's face.

"N-Naruto-kun..."

"Hmm?"

"H-he....I'm his...g-girlfriend." She said blushing.

"Oh my Kami-sama!" Sakura exclaimed and hugged Hinata. "When did this happen?"

"Yesterday after Undōkai was over."

Sakura smiled and walked with her best friend to class. She was happy for her and also a tiny bit jealous. Hinata was finally with the boy of her dreams while she was still pining over the unattainable.

"Hina-chan," called a cheerful voice.

Looking up both girls saw a very happy Naruto with a huge grin. "N-Naruto-kun..."

Hinata blushed and Sakura smirked, "Hey Naruto."

"Hey Sakura-chan," said Naruto never taking his eyes off the lavender eyed beauty. He took a step forward and gently laced his fingers with hers.

"Hu—" her breath caught and she looked up at her boyfriend with a red tint.

"You okay Hinata?" Asked Sakura.

"Yeah, you don't look so good," said Naruto bringing his hand up to touch her forehead.

"Uh...I..." That was all she got out before she fainted.

Naruto was quick to catch her muttering under his breath. Sakura smiled sadly, typical Hinata.

"I'll take her to the nurse," he said.

"Good luck," said Sakura. Naruto nodded and left with his unconscious girlfriend in his arms.

Sakura continued to History class, Kakashi-sensei wasn't there yet so she had time to gather her thoughts.

She took out her Math book and started drawing. Of course, the face of her drawing was that of a certain Uchiha. Who happened to be sitting two rows before her.

She felt the desk beside her shift and saw that Gaara had sat down. He didn't say a word and neither did she. His problem? She didn't know.

Thirty minutes later, Kakashi Hatake waltzed in and gained a disgruntled look from the class.

"Ha-ha, you see. A black cat crossed my—"

"Save it," said Shikamaru who was very much alive.

"Okay. Let's just have a question and answer session." The class murmured and finally agreed. "Okay, first question. How many planets are in the solar system?"

Gaara raised his hand, "eight."

"Correct," said Kakashi with a close eyed smile.

"Pff, that was a give away," Sasuke muttered.

"Hmm, who was the founder of Konohagakure?"

"Hashirama Senju!" Yelled both Gaara and Sasuke. And with that the Q&A session turned into a war zone. Both boys competing against each other.

Thank god Naruto wasn't there most of them thought, he'd only join in on all this. Temari watched as her brother answered question after question. It was so unlike Gaara to behave this way.

It continued throughout the day. They competed in various activities and now there was nothing left.

"Oh, the swim team needs additional members, so if anyone is interested to join—not just any and any one though—practice is on Mondays and Fridays," Neji announced.

Gaara and Sasuke looked at each other and an evil smirk grew on the Uchiha's face.

Guess the swim team was about to gain two new members.