Mr. Popular: Chapter 28

"Don't touch her," he muttered.

"Sas—"

"Or what?" Gaara challenged grabbing her wrist.

Sasuke growled and pulled her closer to him. "Sasuke what are you doing?!" Karin yelled.

"Just shut up!" Sasuke yelled back. "I'm sick and tired of you, you're so fucking annoying."

Karin blinked at what he'd just said. "Excuse me?"

"I'm not in your way," he said in a monotone voice.

"You can't—"

"Karin just put a sock in it," Ino said.

"No! He can't leave me...not for her!" Karin yelled.

"Right, because she's Gaara's," Naruto smirked.

"Exactly," Gaara's said.

"Sakura," Sasuke started.

"Sasuke get away from her!" Karin screamed.

Sasuke ignored Karin and continued to look at Sakura. "I—"

"Right! Now where were we?" Gai asked as he entered again.

Everyone froze and looked at their black haired sensei. "This isn't over," Gaara said.

"Hn."

Sasuke released Sakura and sat beside Karin. All through class she nagged him with her lectures, but his focus was only on one person.

Sakura.

Class ended and they all dispersed, going their separate ways. Sakura had Math with her friends and also Sasuke.

As she passed his desk, she left a note. The raven haired boy eyed it suspiciously before reading it.

'Meet me at the park after school. We need to talk.'

-Sakura x.

He sighed and crushed the paper. This was going to be a long day.

~

The day couldn't end soon enough for either of them. After school Sakura got a lift from Naruto to her destination.

"If anything happens call me," Hinata said.

"Okay," she said and nodded to add emphasis.

"Alright, good luck Sakura-chan!" Naruto yelled. "Go get your man dattebayo!"

"Naruto..." Sakura muttered. Hinata blushed and waved at her best friend as Naruto drove off.

Sakura straightened her shoulders and sat on the nearest bench.

He should have been here by now! She thought after fifteen minutes had passed.

Soon fifteen turned into twenty minutes and she was getting frustrated. She only wanted to talk to him without any interruptions. She needed to know why he did what he did in gym class.

Well of course she knew he was jealous, but she wanted to know what he was going to say to her also. It was all so foggy in her tight cranium, so many things ran on end through her mind.

Taking a deep breath, she sighed and whispered, "Sasuke."

"He's not coming," came a voice from behind her. Sakura quickly got to her feet and turned to see Karin.

"What are you doing here?"

"Planning a secret meeting with my boyfriend Sakura?" She hummed.

"He's not your boyfriend," she gritted out remembering how Sasuke had called her annoying.

"He is," she said coming closer. "Now listen, I want you to stay away from him, at all times."

Sakura rolled her eyes, "I don't have to listen to this," she said walking away.

"Oh yes you do!" She said walking after her. "You'll never be good enough for Sasuke!"

"You're wrong," Sakura said holding back tears. She walked faster.

"I'm right and you know it," she taunted. "He needs something with social status, you're a nobody Sakura."

Her words cut like knives, mutilating the last of Sakura's self confidence. "Just shut up!"

Karin grabbed her by her hair just them pulling her back. "Leave my man alone!"

Tears streamed down Sakura's face. Karin was right, she wasn't good enough for Sasuke. He didn't need her; she was foolish thinking he'd actually show up today.

She pulled away from Karin's hold and started running. Her eyes closed tightly as her tear washed cheeks stung from the harsh breeze.

"Sorry," she mumbled as she ran into couples and passersby. She just wanted to get away. It hurt so much.

She stumbled on the hard asphalt and tried to regain her balance. Muttering a string of incoherent words under her breath she stood and looked down at her feet.

She felt numb, her heart rate sped up and her body felt hot. The sound of a loud horn rang through, but she didn't hear it. She couldn't hear it.

Her limbs felt heavy, weighing her down. She wanted comfort, needed it. The pink haired teen was so caught up in her emotions that she failed to notice the pending danger.

The car horn went off again, but there was still no movement from Sakura.

"Do I have to save you every single time?!" Sakura was shocked when she felt two arms close around her and she was being pulled out the road.

She looked up at her hero and gasped when she saw a pair of onyx eyes, "Wh—"

"Are you crazy?! Do you have any idea what you mean to me?!" Sasuke yelled pulling her closer. "Don't you know how much I love you!" And with that said he crashed his lips onto hers.