Mr. Popular: Chapter 1

Sakura sat quietly with Hinata waiting for class to start. But she was also waiting for a certain Uchiha to walk through the door.

"Hey Ino, there's a party at my house tomorrow night. Be there with all your friends," said Karin.

"Oh, sure," Ino replied. Karin was Sakura's biggest rival, both sought to have Sasuke, well along with the rest of his fan girls. Like Ino.

Uzumaki Karin was the head cheerleader and a total bitch. She picked on Sakura throughout all of middle school and didn't stop.

Just then the door was pulled aside and in walked Sasuke and Naruto.

"Sasuke," Sakura whispered.

"You should talk to him," Hinata said. Sakura blushed and looked away, he'd never notice someone like her. She was his foil, his complete opposite. Where he was at the epitome of society, she was hitting rock bottom. She shook her head as a response to Hinata's request. It could never happen, he wouldn't even spare her a glance.

"Sasuke-kun, there's a party at my house tomorrow night. You should come," said Karin twirling her hair with a finger.

Sakura glanced at Sasuke awaiting his response. His face held that usual annoyed facial expression. He hardly ever smiled– come to think of it, he hasn't smiled since high school.

"Of course he'll be there," said Naruto.

"I don't need you to answer for me Dobe," Sasuke hissed. He looked back at Karin, he really didn't like to be bothered with party invitations. Girls would always plan up and gang him there and he was in no mood to kill anyone this week. "Fine."

Karin smiled and tried to contain her excitement, "Great," was all she managed to get out.

Sakura bit her lip, Sasuke was going to be at the party. Maybe she could...no she'd never get invited, she was a nobody.

Sasuke sat down and Naruto did the same beside him. Sakura watched Sasuke with an intense gaze. Why couldn't he just notice her? Once, just once. Just then he turned, but before he could see her, Karin got in the way.

"It's okay Sakura-chan," said Hinata.

Sakura looked at her notebook, inside was filled with side notes of her declaration of love for Sasuke. Even some small drawings from her vivid imagination of them both. She only looked up when Asuma-sensei, their Math teacher, walked in.

He could feel their eyes on him, he knew that being popular came with a price, but he was annoyed with this much attention. There wasn't one, not one real girl at this school that could be herself around him. They were all the same, air headed fan girls that swooned by a single glance from him. It really pushed his buttons whenever girls acted like idiots around him. That's why he was single, stupid girls didn't interest him.

Class ended quickly and they all left for their second class. Both Sakura and Sasuke had the same class. History.

"Sai! How many times do I have to tell you not to draw on my notebook when I let you borrow it?" Yelled Kiba.

"In my opinion it looks much better now," Sai said.

"Alright, break it up," said Tenten.

"You all are annoying," Shikamaru muttered trying to get some sleep before Kakashi-sensei came. He tilted his chair back and looked out the window at the clouds in the sky.

"You're so lazy," Ino scolded.

At the back of the class sat Shino, it was like no light shun there, it was just dark. "Shino, ever try coming into the light?" Asked Kiba. Shino didn't reply, you only saw his desk and chair moving further into the darkness of the back of the room. "Or stay in the dark, that's good too," said Kiba, sweat dripping from his forehead.

Sakura stifled a laugh, she didn't want to draw any attention to herself. Just then Hinata walked up to her with a smile. "What is it Hinata?"

"You're going to that party," she smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"I begged Neji-nii-san to carry you there as his d-date." Hinata said twirling her fingers.

"What did you do to convince him?" Sakura asked.

"N-nothing," Hinata lied. She actually promised to invite Tenten over for a study session the next day and leave, so he could be alone with her.

Sakura smiled and looked at Sasuke, maybe her goal would be achieved this year. But then it hit her....

She'd have to be Neji's date!