Mr. Popular: Chapter 5

Sasuke groaned as he listened to the laughter coming from downstairs. She'd left him in her bed to go and have breakfast. It was a good thing today wasn't a school day. He tried sitting up again and lost his balance, falling onto the floor with a loud thud.

Sakura stopped laughing as they all heard the noise from upstairs. She silently cursed and hoped her mother wouldn't take note of it.

"Sakura what was—"

"Mom I think you're cooking's getting a lot better," she interjected.

Her dad choked on his sandwich just then, gaining her mother's attention. "Why thank you dear," she said shooting daggers at her father with her eyes. Sakura smiled and continued to force down the horrible food.

Sasuke groaned and tried to stand. His back was hurting really badly, why the heck did he try to save that pink haired girl? He stumbled and fell to his knees with a bang.

Sakura gritted her teeth and made an oath to kill him. "Sakura, what's going on in your room?" Asked Mebuki Haruno.

Sakura gave her a weak smile, "my books probably just fell from my table."

"I told you not to leave then perched on the edge," her mother scolded.

"S-sorry mom."

Sasuke finally made it to his feet and was about to make a step when pain coursed through his entire body. He cried out in pain and staggered holding the bed for support.

Mebuki arched an eyebrow and looked at Sakura. "Probably just a bird—" There was Sasuke's agonizing groan again, "—that's dying."

Her mother got up and made her way towards the stairs. "Wait mom!"

She didn't listen however, she continued walking with her daughter following. She pushed open Sakura's room door and scanned the room. Sakura peeked over her shoulders and saw....nothing. An empty room.

"Hn," her mother hummed as she turned and left.

Sakura closed the door and looked around. "Sasuke?" She whispered looking around. "Sas—"

That's all she got out before the onyx eyed boy fell on her. He'd been hiding behind the door. Sakura stayed still as he flattened her with his protruding weight. He groaned and she froze, her crush was crushing her. Literally.

"You have a thing for crushing me with your body don't you?" She joked.

Sasuke smirked, "Whatever. I needed to hide from your mother."

"It's your fault, you were making all those noises."

"I'm in pain." He stated, "because of you."

He'd never fail to use that against her. Sakura helped him back to bed and got the tiger balm. She sat beside him and told him to roll over onto his stomach.

"Why?"

"You want the pain to be gone, don't you?"

He eyed her suspiciously before complying with her orders. She gently applied the herb and started to massage his back. Sasuke, much to his dislike, was actually enjoying it. Her hands were small and frail, they were rough yet gentle.

In all his years, no one had ever really cared about him. Well Itachi did, but he had other priorities. But her, she still tried to look after him, even after he'd called her annoying. What was her motive?

"There," she said.

"Hn," was his reply, even though what he really wanted to say was 'thank you'.