Mr. Popular: Chapter 3

Sakura was confused as to what had happened. All she heard was someone shout 'move' and the screeching halt of the truck. A body held hers tightly. She was now lying on the ground with the weight of someone above her. She slowly moved and looked up at the person. Her eyes widened as she saw just who her 'hero' was.

"S-sasuke," she whispered.

"What the hell!" Yelled the man who was driving the truck as he came out to loom over them.

Sasuke groaned, but didn't open his eyes. Why would he risk his life for someone like her? She quickly sat up and looked at the extent to which he was hurt. There was nothing fatal, no blood.

"Will you get him home and get out the road." The driver snapped as the car horns erupted behind him.

"Sasuke," she said once again. She got on her wobbly feet and lifted the Uchiha to his feet. She placed an arm around his waist and threw his arm over her shoulders. Sakura quickly got him out the road and onto the side walk. She didn't know where Sasuke lived, so she decided to bring him to her house.

She bit her lips and continued walking. "Please be okay, please be okay." She whispered as she pulled the unconscious Uchiha.

About 30 minutes later they got to her house. Her parents weren't there and she was grateful for the privacy. She dragged Sasuke up the stairs and into her room. She honestly felt like a kidnapper.

Finally she got him to her bed. Sakura quickly rolled him on to his back and lifted his shirt. The bruises were just starting to show. She quickly got the first aid kit and got bandages. The pink haired girl removed his shirt and got to work. Surprisingly she didn't blush or hesitate.

Soon Sasuke was asleep on her bed and she got cleaned up. She took a shower and got dressed in her pajamas. Her phone rang and she quickly answered it. "Hello?"

"Sakura-chan!" Hinata cheered.

"Hinata, what's wrong?" She asked.

"I was just checking up on you. Neji-nii just got home and he drunker than ever," she explained.

"I'm not drunk," could be heard coming from the background. "You know I think I'm going to ask Tenten to marry me."

Sakura frowned, "the party's over?"

"No, he just got kicked out because he was starting to strip in front of everyone." Hinata replied.

Sakura arched an eyebrow, Sasuke stirred and she bit her lip. "Well I'm okay, I'll talk to you at school okay."

"Okay. Bye— Neji-nii get off the table! S-stop taking your clothes off."

Sakura hung up before anything else could be heard. It was a good thing she didn't wait on him to drive her home. They'd surely crash on the way. Sasuke started coughing and Sakura was instantly by his said. She didn't know what she could do at this point really. He needed to rest. He opened an eye and she panicked. He started coughing once again and Sakura left to go get some water.

By the time she got back Sasuke was trying to sit up. She placed a hand behind him and brought the glass to his lips. "Drink slowly," she said. He did as she instructed and his coughing seized. He emptied the glass's content and she let him settle against the pillows once more.

Sakura placed the glass on the bedside table and tucked him in. She was pulling back when his hand shot out pulling her to him. Sakura blushed and tried to pull back, but he was asleep and was subconsciously cuddling with her.

All her efforts were in vain, as his grip only tightened. She soon gave up and lay her head on his chest. Her heart was going way too fast.

She looked up at the sleeping Uchiha and smiled. Who'd think that she'd end up sleeping beside Sasuke tonight. Although the circumstances under which this happened wasn't the best. "Goodnight Sasuke," she said before falling asleep.