Mr. Popular: Chapter 13

"What's he planning?" Sakura asked no one in particular as she searched through her closet.

"I don't know," Hinata answered looking at Sakura. She sat on Sakura's bed watching as she searched for something to wear.

"Hmm. What time is it?"

"6:34," Hinata replied.

Sakura sighed and grabbed an aquamarine blouse and a Pink sakura patterned skirt.

~

"I can't believe you're doing this," Kankurō sighed. Gaara merely pulled on his black, leather jacket and grabbed his car keys.

"Be back by midnight," Temari smiled.

"You're encouraging this?!" Kankurō asked in disbelief.

"Oh hush up and go get a girlfriend," Temari snapped back.

Gaara walked out the house and towards his car. He got in and gathered his thoughts.

Why am I doing this? I hardly know him. But he didn't need to know him. He actually felt obligated for some reason to do this.

"Here goes," he muttered and started the car.

~

"You look great Sakura-chan!"

"Thanks," the pink haired girl responded as she placed an aquamarine head band around her hair. "Even though I still don't know where I'm going. I mean he could be taking me into the woods to assassinate me."

Hinata giggled at Sakura's assumptions. "I'm sure it's not that."

Sakura shrugged, "what time is it?"

"6:59," Hinata replied.

"One minute."

"I'm sure he won't come at exactly seven," Hinata stuttered.

Sakura watched the digital clock on her bedside table. As soon as 7:00 appeared there was the sound of her doorbell downstairs.

Sakura looked at Hinata, "you were saying?"

Hinata was speechless; Sakura giggled and took the pale girl's arm. "Oh that reminds me. Neji-nii is having a party."

"You going?" Sakura asked as they made their way downstairs.

Hinata shook her head, "I'll just stay in my room."

Sakura nodded as she remembered that Hinata had driven over here. She didn't like driving that's why Neji did it for her most of the time.

"Hello, you must be Sasuke. My daughter talks about you constantly." Said Mebuki as she greeted Gaara.

Sakura could have died right there, what if it had really been Sasuke-kun? How embarrassing.

"I'm sorry, but my name is Gaara." He said politely as Sakura and Hinata rounded the corner to face them.

"Oh, well hello anyway." She smiled.

"Mom," Sakura groaned and Hinata giggled lightly.

Mebuki turned to face the two girls, "problem?"

Sakura rolled her eyes and took Gaara's hand, "Nope, I'll—we'll be going now."

"Okay, Hinata could you stay back for just a little while? I need your help with a new recipe I'm trying," said Mebuki.

"O-okay," Hinata answered. "Bye Sakura-chan."

"Bye," Sakura said and led Gaara out the door. Before she got into his very expensive car she stopped. "Okay what's all this?"

Gaara rounded the car to his side and opened the door. "What does it look like?"

"I don't know...A date?" She asked frustrated.

Gaara shrugged and got into the car. "I think that's the answer."

"Where are we going?" She asked as she got in.

Gaara smirked and started the car, "you'll see."

~

"Your turn Teme!" Naruto exclaimed.

Sasuke groaned and Kiba yelled, "not so loud you idiot!"

"This is such a drag," Shikamaru groaned and leaned back against the sofa.

Ino smiled and Sai looked at Sasuke, "okay, truth or dare?"

"Dare," said Sasuke.

"Teme I dare you to hold a five minute long conversation with whomever walks through that door next."

"Pass." Sasuke said.

"There is no passing in this game," said Chōji as he ate a corn dog.

"Hn," the onyx eyed boy replied.

"That's actually a good one since he 'doesn't do conversations' with anyone," said Neji quoting Sasuke's words.

Suddenly a shirt flew over their heads and landed on lamp. Or what they thought was a lamp.

"Hey...Hey! Get off the table," said Neji getting up and going into the kitchen. "Don't do that either!"

"That's a weird lamp," Ino noted.

"Yeah, it has spiky hair," said Kiba.

"And sunglasses," Naruto added.

They all looked at each other and shrugged. Neji came back just then, "hey Neji where'd you buy that weird lamp over there?" Asked Tenten.

Neji squinted as he looked at the figure covered with a shirt. "I don't recall buying it. It must be one of Hinata's antiques or something."

They murmured replies and finally the doorknob began to turn.

Sasuke held his breath as he watched the door open slowly. Please don't be Karin, please don't be Karin.

But as soon as he saw those jade green eyes and pink hair. He knew his night had just gotten a whole lot more interesting.

A smile almost touched his lips, but it fell as an arm went around her waist and that unfamiliar red hair and kanji appeared.