Mr. Popular: Chapter 23

"Sakura-chan," Hinata said hugging her pink haired friend.

"Ohayo Hinata," she replied.

"So, how was your Valentine's day?" Hinata asked

Sakura blushed, "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

Hinata giggled, "Naruto-kun, told me you went out with Sasuke."

Sakura's blush deepened, that loud mouth just had to tell an even louder mouth. "Ah..it was fun."

Hinata squealed, "I'm so glad you two are together!"

"Err...Hinata, we aren't really together. At least we never spoke about it."

"What?"

Sakura sighed and sat in her seat, "we just didn't talk about it. So I'm sure..."

"He likes you."

"I hope so," said the pink haired girl as she watched a pissed over Karin enter. "I really hope so."

"Hina-chan!" Naruto yelled as he entered. Hinata blushed and he embraced his girlfriend. "I missed you."

"B-but you saw me last night Naruto-kun..."

"So? I still missed you dattebayo."

Sakura smiled, "aww!"

Naruto and Hinata both blushed and looked away. "Ohayo Sakura-chan."

"Ohayo."

Naruto smirked just then, "how was your date with Teme?"

"It wasn't a date..." Sakura murmured.

"Oh?" Asked a voice from behind the pink haired girl.

Sakura turned and saw Gaara, he stood with his arms folded. "G-Gaara..."

"How was your date?"

"Uh...first let me explain..."

"Explain?"

"I was going to tell you but then Sasuke—"

"It's fine," he said cutting her off. "My job here is done."

"Job?"

Just then Yuina walked in and Gaara's face seem to lighten a bit. He walked over to her and they both sat together.

"What was that all about?" Shikamaru murmured.

"I don't...know." The pink haired girl answered. Shrugging she turned to face the board.

She looked at the empty seat beside her and looked to the door. He's late, she thought. Kakashi-sensei walked in and with that Sakura knew he wasn't coming today.

~

"Achoo!"

"Oh boy, of all days for you to get sick," Itachi murmured.

Sasuke groaned and rubbed his aching head. "Sorry?"

Itachi sighed, "It's about time for you to take your medicine right?"

"Ye– ACHOO!"

"Watch it!" Itachi said dodging the sneeze. He got up to get his little brother's medicine. The phone rang just then and he picked it up. "Uchiha residents...speaking...Oh Akari, ohayo."

"Itachi," Sasuke groaned. He really needed his medication. "Nii-san..."

"Give me a minute," Itachi turned to look at his little brother. "Could you keep it down Sasuke? I'm on the phone...Now where were we? Ah yes, so you're coming over tonight?"

"Nii-san."

Itachi threw the bottled medicine at Sasuke and left the room. Unfortunately the bottle had fallen short and Sasuke couldn't reach it. He groaned and tried to move his aching muscles.

If only he hadn't given Sakura his jacket then maybe the cold night air wouldn't have affected him this much. But she was worth it.

Reaching for the bottle, Sasuke ended up falling out of bed on his face. Honestly Sakura took care of him much better than his brother did.

"Shh!" Hissed Itachi as he poked his head through the door. "Sorry, it's just my little brother. He's being annoying, you know how they are," he said then laughed.

Sasuke watched as he left once more and sighed. Now what?

"Achoo!"

~

Later that day Itachi informed him that he had a visitor. Expecting to see either Naruto or Sakura, he got the shock of his life when Karin walked in.

"Sasuke-kun!" She squealed.

Sasuke rolled his eyes and silently pleaded for the earth to swallow him up.

"What do you want Karin?"

"Well you weren't at school, so I got curious. Oh Sasuke-kun why didn't you call me to take care of you? If I'd known you were sick last night then I'd have–"

"Achoo!"

"Sas–" she stopped when she spotted a notebook on his bedside table. It didn't look like one of Sasuke's, she'd memorized all his books long ago.

"Achoo!" Sasuke started sneezing uncontrollably.

Karin took the chance to swipe the book from its resting place. "I'll be going now," she said.

Sasuke nodded and waved her away. As soon as she opened the front door, she say a familiar pink haired girl walking towards the house.

Narrowing her eyes, she wondered. What was Sakura doing here?