Mr. Popular: Chapter 30

Sasuke was eager to get this over with. He was glad that Sakura wanted him to break up with the red head at all cost because he honestly couldn't stand another minute of her.

"Sasuke-kun!" She shrieked as she saw him. Sasuke mentally rolled his eyes and turned to face her.

She tackled him into a hug, but he freed himself from her limbs. The red haired girl furrowed her eyebrows and took a step back.

"Look, Karin...we need to talk."

"I'm listening."

~

Sakura couldn't wait to see Sasuke, she was on cloud nine as she walked with her best friend.

"He doesn't love her Hinata!" She squealed.

Hinata giggled and patted Sakura's arm, "I know Sakura-chan."

Sakura beamed and hugged her lavender eyed friend. "Whoa, someone's happy today," said a blonde boy.

"Naruto-kun," Hinata blushed as her boyfriend smiled at them.

"Yep!" Sakura grinned.

"Did something happen with Teme?"

The pink haired girl nodded and gave him a quick hug, "thank you guys so much!"

Naruto chuckled, "no prob—"

"What do you mean you're breaking up with me?!" Came from around the corner cutting Naruto off and catching everyone off guard.

"Someone's upset," said Shikamaru as he passed by.

"Who was that?" Hinata asked.

"Karin," Sakura whispered.

Just then a raven haired boy emerged from around the corner, followed by a furious red head.

"Don't you dare walk away from me Sasuke! I'm not done!"

"Well I am," he said approaching Sakura.

"But—" she stopped as he took the pink haired nerd's hand in his. "I see."

"Karin, I don't like you, never did, never will," he said.

Karin huffed and a smirk crept it's way onto her face. "Alright, since you want to play it this way. I'll play along."

"This isn't a game Karin," Naruto growled. "Teme is with Sakura-chan."

"Not for long," she muttered.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Naruto challenged.

"You'll see," she muttered then walked away.

Sasuke sighed and turned to face Sakura. "Sakura—"

Sakura smiled and placed a finger on his lips, then intertwined their fingers. "It's okay. You did the right thing," she whispered.

"Yeah Teme!" Naruto cheered slapping him across the back. Sasuke gritted his teeth and muttered incoherent words.

"Are we going to stand here all day or are we going to get to class?" Asked a female voice from behind them.

"Oh hey Yuina! Gaara." Naruto smiled.

Gaara merely stared at Sasuke. Both of them shared a mutual understanding. "We should get to class..." Hinata said.

"Right," said Sakura with a smile.

~

The day progressed uneventful, Sakura sat at lunch with everyone. And for the first time in a long while, she felt like she had friends...the feeling was so surreal, but pleasant.

"Lee sit down!" Tenten gritted out.

"Why sit and lazy around when I could be training Tenten?" Lee said doing push ups.

"Ugh!" Tenten groaned and rolled her eyes.

"It's alright Tenten," Neji reassured her.

"Ah man, looks like I'll be needing a girlfriend pretty soon," Kiba whined.

Naruto smirked and placed an arm over Hinata's shoulders. "We can't all have a girlfriend Kiba."

"I agree Naruto," said Neji shooting daggers at the blonde with his eyes. Naruto started to sweat and retracted his arm.

"You guys are so weird," Ino said.

"No...Gaara's weird," Kankurō corrected.

Everyone mumbled an agreement and Sakura smiled. Things were starting to seem a little brighter. But then the boisterous voice from the centre of the cafeteria caught all their attentions.

Standing in front of everyone was Karin with a copy of...Sakura's Math book.

"Oh no..." Hinata murmured.

"Attention everyone," she smiled.

"What does she want?" Ino frowned.

"I don't know," Sai replied.

Karin smirked and looked at Sasuke, then mouthed 'I told you.'

"She wouldn't," Sasuke muttered about to get to his feet.

"Wait," said Sakura holding his arm.

"Listen everyone. You might not know who I'm talking about, because she's such a wallflower, but this home wrecker decided to try and steal my man." She spat.

"Stop her," Yuina said.

"And look at what I have! A copy of the dorks math book...or should I said her diary." She smirked, "Would you all like to know just what she wrote about herself and my Sasuke?"

Sasuke's fan girls gathered around just then, "Sasuke-kun belongs to us!"

"This is such a drag," said Shikamaru placing his feet on the table and kicking back in his chair.

"I agree for once," Temari said.

"Why is she doing this?" Tenten asked.

"Because she wishes she could be as beautiful as Sakura-chan!" Lee yelled.

"What was that?!" Karin snapped. "As if!"

"Just stop this Karin!" Sasuke yelled.

"Shut up Sasuke!" She said turning to her attention back to the book. "Oh Sasu—"

"I'll take that," said a voice from behind her, then the book was taken from her.

"Wha—?"

"Itachi?" Sakura asked.

Itachi smiled and scratched the back of his head. "I couldn't let her humiliate my future sister-in-law like that," he said.

"Sister-in-law?!" Everyone questioned.

"Let's go," said Itachi escorting Karin out.

Sasuke sighed and smirked as his brother mouthed 'You owe me one.'

"That was close," Naruto said.

"Yeah, what's wrong with her?" Yuina asked.

"I have no idea," Ino replied.

"Well it's okay now," Tenten said.

"There's still one more thing that needs to be done," Naruto smirked.

Everyone turned to look at the beaming blonde. "Which is?" Shikamaru asked.

"Teme and Sakura-chan need to go on a date," he snickered.

Sakura blushed and looked at Sasuke. He seemed emotionless as usual, but as soon as their eyes met, she saw the warmth in them, a warmth so strong that it melted her heart.

"Alright then," Sasuke said.