Mr. Popular: Chapter 29

Sakura sat quietly on Sasuke's bed as he conversed with his older brother. She was still a little shocked by Sasuke's outburst.

"How are you feeling?" Itachi asked.

"I'm fine," she replied with a weak smile.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

The pink haired girl only nodded and he turned to leave. "I'll just take her home," said Sasuke.

"Okay."

Once Itachi left, Sasuke sat beside Sakura. He looked her over but she was lost in her thoughts. His words on reply in her subconscious.

"Come on," he ordered, taking her arm in his hand, he helped her up. She was escorted downstairs and out to Sasuke's car.

He opened the door for her and helped her in. After securing her seat belt, he left to get into the driver's seat.

Sakura felt like a zombie, her entire body was frozen and she kept having flashbacks. A million unanswered questions flooded her mind as the car drove.

Why had he said that?

"Sakura-"

"Did you mean it?" She asked cutting him off.

"What?" He asked glancing at her.

"What you said to me...did you mean it?" She whispered.

He sighed and ran a hand through his raven hair. "Hn."

"Don't 'hn,' me! You've put me through hell these past few days!" She snapped all of a sudden. She was weary...tired of his nonchalance.

"Do you think it was any fun for me?" He snapped back. "Watching you with that Gaara, do you think I liked it?"

"Like you weren't doing the same with Karin. I hated it and she took every opportunity possible just to throw it in my face."

"Listen Sakura...about that-"

"No, it's fine. You don't need to-"

"Yes I do." He said quietly. "Karin blackmailed me into dating her. She threatened to read your Math book out loud to everyone if I didn't date her. And I know that you have a hard time fitting in already so-"

"You did as she said," she finished looking at him. "You could have told me," tears filled her forest green eyes. "I missed you so much."

Sasuke smirked, "I did too."

Before they knew it, they were at Sakura's house. The car came to a stop and the two sat in silence. "So what are you going to do?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Break up with Karin," she said. Sasuke was about to speak, but she cut him off, "I don't care if she reads it...I just don't want to see you with her."

Sasuke thought about it for a moment, "alright."

Sakura smiled and hugged him quickly. Then pulled back just as fast, "sorry."

"Hn."

She giggled and got out of the car. "See you at school tomorrow!"

"Yeah," he replied before driving off. Although the Uchiha didn't show it, he enjoyed every moment of the hug.

As soon as Sakura got to her room she got on the phone with her best friend. "So you guys are back together?" Hinata asked cheerfully.

"I'm not sure, we'll see how tomorrow goes first," said Sakura.

"I'm so happy for you Sakura-chan."

Sakura smiled, "thanks Hinata."

"Oh! I have to go now, I promised to go out with Naruto-kun so Neji-nii-san can have to the house to him and Tenten."

"Okay, goodbye Hinata, see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah." She said before hanging up. Sakura laid in bed with a huge smile on her face.

Sasuke wasn't in love with Karin!

But that smile soon faded when she thought of the chaos that was about to unfurl tomorrow.