Mr. Popular: Chapter 26

Sasuke had gone back to his previous self. He only spoke once in a while around his friends—mostly Naruto, and ignored the rest of the world.

Karin had become a nuisance, as she always was. She clung to Sasuke's arm like a leech on steroids. Never letting him out of her field of vision and warding off all girls. Especially Sakura.

As for her. She's gone back to being the number one nerd. Only this time she had not only one friend, but two. Naruto was now apart of her list, even though he consistently tried to pull her into his circle of friends. But Sakura knew she didn't belong up there with the cool kids. And even if she did, she wanted only one person to initiate her into the group. And that person was currently preoccupied.

Hinata didn't mind skipping lunch with Naruto to keep her company in the library. Plus, Naruto understood his girlfriend perfectly. So it wasn't a big deal. She'd sit with her all day if she had to and not complain. It was just in her nature.

So every lunch time, the pink haired girl and her lavender eyed friend would find refuge in the ancient halls of the library. Across from the red haired guy and his girlfriend.

It was the only place Gaara could find peace from his annoying fan girls. And the only alone time Yuina could get with her boyfriend.

Sakura and Hinata sat reading when another presence could be felt behind them. The chair beside Sakura was pulled back and a dark haired guy sat down.

"Uh...hi?" Asked Sakura.

"Sakura is it?" Itachi asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"Uh...I'll see you in class Sakura-chan."

"S-sure..."

The indigo haired girl left and Sakura was alone with Sasuke's older brother.

"You must be wondering what do I want," he said with a smile.

Sakura noticed that he was trying to make it less awkward. "Yes actually."

"I just wanted to let you know how Sasuke's doing."

"Shouldn't you be telling his girlfriend that?"

Itachi frowned, "Sakura..."

"I just don't care...anymore," she said sadly.

"I say you do," he challenged.

"What makes you think that?"

"The fact that you're writing his name all over your–" he leaned over to look at the subject, "–History book."

Sakura blushed and quickly closed the book. "Point made."

Itachi chuckled, "For the short while that my brother has been with you, he's changed—in a good way. But now...he's gone back to his sulking, antisocial behavior."

"There's no changing Sasuke. He said it himself...he loves no one."

"And you believe that?" Itachi scoffed.

"It sounded pretty convincing."

Itachi shook his head, "he loves you, Sakura."

Sakura snorted, "yeah right."

"It's true, I know my little brother."

"Obviously not well enough."

Itachi raised an eyebrow, "oh?"

"Sasuke's a player. I was just another one of his wild ventures," she sighed.

"I think you're wrong. It's true that Sasuke refused to give his heart to anyone...but that was before he met you."

"Itachi—"

He held up his hand indicating that he wasn't finished. "I know what I'm saying Sakura. And I know you're still in love with the knuckle head. So all I'm saying is that you shouldn't give up on his so quickly."

With that said he got up and left. Sakura trailed after him, but lost him after a few seconds. She sighed and looked at the stacked self in front of her.

He doesn't know what he's saying. I'm the last person that Sasuke would be in love with.

"Oh Sasuke-kun," she sighed in frustration.

"Sakura," came from behind her. She turned and saw a pair of onyx eyes staring back at her.

"Sasuke?" She asked. What was he doing here? The library of all places! "Sasuke I—"

She was cut short however, when his lips touched hers ever so lightly. Albeit surprised, she closed her eyes and surrendered to his kiss.

Pulling back she saw the sadness in his eyes, but before she could process anything, he was gone. Sakura walked back to her table and bit her lip. 

Thinking things over, she decided to take Itachi's advice. Looking over at the red haired Sabaku, she smirked.

She was going to be needing his help.