Mr. Popular: Chapter 7

Sakura woke up with a massive headache. She found herself lying in the nurse's station with an unconscious Hinata beside her on the next bed.

She groaned and sat up, looks like the nurse was on lunch break. So it was only Sakura and Hinata.

"Psst Hinata," Sakura called. Hinata stirred lightly. Sakura called again and she did the same. Sakura sighed and rolled her eyes. "Oh Naruto-kun!"

Hinata sat up quickly and looked around. Her face flustered and red as a tomato. Sakura laughed at Hinata's facial expression, she really was in love with the knucklehead.

"That w-wasn't funny Sakura-chan." Hinata pouted and tried to calm down.

"I'm sorry," Sakura laughed.

"We should get to class." Hinata said.

"What time is it anyway?" Sakura asked.

Hinata gasped as she looked at her watch, "9:23!"

Sakura groaned, they had History now with Kakashi-sensei. And they had a test!

Hinata hopped out of bed and grabbed Sakura then dashed to the door. "Slow down!" Sakura said trying to keep up with the midnight blue haired girl.

"We're already late," Hinata said going faster.

Sakura struggled to get air into her lungs. She hunched over and placed her arms on her knees as she caught her breath. "Running should be illegal," she muttered.

Hinata slid the classroom door open and handed Kakashi the pass she got from the nurse's table on the way out.

Kakashi handed the two girls their papers and they scurried to their seats. The only available seat was behind Sasuke. Sakura gulped and sat quickly.

She tried to focus on the paper before her. But Sasuke's duck butt was kind of distracting. She swallowed and started working.

The paper was easy really, of course it was easy, she was a nerd after all.

Kakashi-sensei cleared his throat and everyone looker up. "Ah...excuse me for a moment." He said walking to the door, once he got there he turned to the class. "And don't think of cheating, because I will know."

He closed the door then and immediately the class started exchanging answers.

"Hey Neji, what's the answer to number 11?" Kiba yelled.

Neji deadpanned and ignored him. "Shikamaru, could you help me out with number...well...everything?" Naruto asked the sweat dropping from the side of his head.

Shikamaru sighed, "It's too much of a drag to."

Naruto's hopeful look fell, but he was saved when Hinata placed her paper to the edge of her desk. He looked at the midnight blue haired girl, Hinata looked away to hide her slight blush. Naruto seized the opportunity quickly.

Sakura watched as chaos unfolded before her. Her view was blocked though by a pair of onyx eyes. Sakura blushed and looked away, Sasuke scoffed and scanned her paper.

"What are you–?"

"Shh," said Sasuke cutting her off. He glanced from her paper to his and wrote something.

"That's cheating!" Sakura whisper yelled.

"No, it's called teamwork," he said looking at the pink haired beauty. "Plus you owe me one for carrying you to the nurse."

Sakura's eyes bulged, "You carried...but why?"

"Well, I could have left you, but you were taking up too much space. I mean you were sprawled out like a dead dog and your mouth was open. Honestly everyone thought you were dead, your tongue was hanging out and your eyes were–"

"Okay I get it...thank you," Sakura said.

"Hn." Sasuke hummed turning around. Sakura frowned, one minute he was all talkative and the next he was silent.

She sighed and got back to her paper. Kakashi returned to a silent class, Sakura rolled her eyes and waited for the bell to go.

It finally did and now it was lunch. She met Hinata by the door and they were about to leave for the library when a hand latched onto Hinata's.

She gasped and spun around to see a blonde haired guy with cerulean blue eyes.

"Wait Hinata," he said scratching the back of his head.

"H-huh?"

"I just wanted to say thanks for that in the test."

Hinata blushed and looked at his hand on hers. He's touching me!

"O-okay. You're w-welcome," she managed to get out.

"Hey I was wondering, if you weren't busy, if you'd...You know, if you'd like to go get lunch together?"

Hinata blinked at the blonde. So many things were going through her head. She opened her mouth to speak but before she could she fainted.

"Hinata!" Sakura yelled.

"I got her Sakura-chan," Naruto said lifting Hinata bridal style. "I'll take her to the nurse."

Sakura nodded and watched as Naruto left with her best friend. Now who was she going to hang out with?

Sakura walked to her locker and placed her books in it. The halls were empty, she started wondering around. Soon she ran into someone she didn't expect to.

Uchiha Sasuke.

Sakura was prepared to walk pass him without a word, but he surprised her when he stopped her.

"Sakita, right?"

"Sakura," said the pink haired girl.

He scoffed and shrugged with his hands in his pockets. "Same difference." Sakura shook her head and was about to walk away, but Sasuke continued. "There's a football match tomorrow evening."

"I know," she said.

"Be there."

"W-what?" She stuttered, but he'd already started to walk away. "Hey!"

"Just be there Sakira."

"Sakura!"

"Hn."

Sakura rolled her jade green eyes and continued wandering.

I just got invited to a match. By Sasuke!