Mr. Popular: Chapter 14

Sasuke's heart fell as he watched the two waltz in.

"Who invited Gaara?" Asked Kiba.

"I did," said Shikamaru. "I had asked Temari, but she said she was busy tonight, then she offered to let her brother come."

"Oh," said Neji.

"He's kinda cute," said Tenten as she looked at Gaara.

Steam poured out of Neji's ears, "You think h-he's cute?"

"He is," said Ino.

Neji frowned and pulled Tenten into another room.

"Well Sasuke, you have to speak to Sakura-chan for five minutes," Naruto smirked. "Which reminds me, is Hinata here Neji?!" Naruto yelled.

"No! Now leave me alone." He called back. Then there was a kissing sound coming from that room.

"Oookay," said Naruto.

Sasuke sighed and got up. He was glad it was Sakura, but pissed at the way Gaara had his hand around her waist. Wait why do I care?

He never made anything bother him, so why should this?

Sasuke didn't bother to explain, he simply grabbed Sakura's hand and pulled her to him. Gaara frowned and reached out to pull Sakura back to him, but Sasuke pulled her behind him.

"I'll be borrowing her for a moment," said Sasuke.

Gaara narrowed his eyes at the raven haired boy. "Alright."

Sakura didn't know what was happening, she just felt herself being pulled into a room.

"Sasuke-kun," she muttered.

"What's all this about?" Sasuke asked as calm as he could.

"W-what–?"

"Why is he here with you?" Sasuke asked.

Sakura didn't really know what that meant. "I-I don't know. He just told me to get ready and–"

"–and you listened?" Sasuke asked shocked.

"W-well..." Sakura felt like Hinata just then.

Sasuke realized how he must have sounded and quickly regained his composure.

"Are you two dating?" Sasuke asked.

"I...don't...know." Sakura answered. She couldn't understand why Sasuke was acting like this, I mean he didn't even speak to her, only now and then.

"Hn," was all he replied.

"You can come out now," Shikamaru sighed.

Sasuke left Sakura standing in the room and went to join the others. He sat beside Naruto on the floor. He noticed that Sakura had followed and was now sitting across from him, beside Gaara.

"We have a new face here," said Kiba. Sakura blushed lightly and Naruto smiled.

"This is Sakura-chan, she's really cool and super nice." Naruto said introducing the pink haired girl.

"Cool," said Chōji.

"Yeah, nice to see you out of your shell Sakura," said Ino.

"Uh, yeah," said the pink haired girl.

"So let's continue," Sai suggested.

"Hmm Gaara truth or dare?" Asked Shikamaru.

"Truth," said the red haired boy.

"Why'd you get that tatto—?"

"Are you and Sakura dating?" Asked Sasuke cutting Shikamaru off.

Gaara looked at Sasuke and replied, "what's it to you?"

"Answer the question," Sasuke prompted.

Sakura could feel the tension between the two. "Yeah he's jealous," said her alter ego.

"No," she replied.

"No, but I must say I've taken quite a liking to Sakura," Gaara said.

Sakura turned pale as she watched Sasuke clench and unclench his jaw. He looked like he was about to kill Gaara.

The others looked from Gaara to Sasuke. "Oookay, let's just change the game," Kiba suggested.

"How about spin the bottle?" Ino asked.

"Sure," said Sai.

"Hn," Sasuke hummed leaning against the couch.

As they were about to start the door opened and in walked a cheerful Hinata. "Neji-nii-san I brought—" she stopped half way in her sentence when she saw all eyes were in her. She had totally forgotten that her cousin was having a party at the house.

"Hinata-chan," Sakura said feeling saved with Hinata here.

"S-sorry," she squeaked. She quickly placed the bags she brought on the table and started off towards the stairs.

"Wait!" Said both Naruto and Sakura at the same time.

"Huh?"

Naruto scratched the back of his head, "stay and play with us...if you want that is."

"Yeah Hinata, come on." Said Sakura silently pleading with her eyes.

"O-okay," she said. She sat beside Sakura and folded her hands on her lap.

"Okay I'll start," said Ino. They all nodded and she spun the bottle. It landed on Kiba, but before anyone saw she created a diversion. "Oh look, the lamp just moved!"

"Huh?" They all asked looking over to the direction of the strange 'lamp'. Ino quickly turned the bottle to face Sai and waited for them to face her again.

"Hinata, where did you buy that lamp?" Asked Naruto.

"I-I didn't buy it. I've never even seen i-it before," Hinata answered.

"That's weird," said Sakura.

Ino cleared her throat and they all focused on the game again. "Whoa Sai," said Naruto nudging Sai with his elbow.

Sasuke rolled his eyes and watched as both of them stood and went into the closet. "You have five minutes, no knowing Ino, six." Said Shikamaru. Man did he wish that Temari was here.

After 10 long minutes of waiting, Kiba decided that he was going to break the door down if they didn't come out. They emerged with their clothes rearranged and Sai was covered in Ino's lipstick.

"Get a room," said Kiba.

Ino blushed and Sai looked as expressionless as ever. "Well I'll go next," said Naruto.

They all sat once more and Naruto proceeded to spin the bottle. He crossed his fingers as it spun on its side. Finally it stopped and its mouth was pointing at the lavender eyed beauty herself.

Naruto grinned at Hinata and she blushed deeply. Just the thought of her kissing Naruto was enough to make her faint and that's exactly what happened. She fainted.

"Oh come on Hinata," said Naruto as he got up. He mumbled and picked up the passed out Hyūga. "Hey Neji your cousin fainted, where's her room?" There was no answer, "Nej–"

"Third door on the right!" He yelled frustrated.

Naruto flinched at his tone and proceeded to carry Hinata to her room.

"Alright then, Sasuke?" Kiba asked.

Sasuke sighed and spun the bottle, he really wasn't interested in this game. But as soon as the bottle landed on a pink haired girl. His interest suddenly perked up.

Sakura gasped and a deadly smirk crept its way onto Sasuke's face.