Mr. Popular: Chapter 21

Sakura waited at the theatre for Gaara to arrive. Watching as couples went by, she sighed and checked the time on her phone. 4:59 p.m.

A car pulled up just as it hit 5 and out stepped Gaara. Sakura smiled and stepped towards him. "You're on time," she said.

He didn't reply, he brought his gaze up to the showcase board. "What do you want to watch?"

"Hmm..." She was trying to decide. "The Hunger Games?"

"Okay," he said. They joined the line to get tickets and after about 10 minutes they were in. They bought popcorn, sodas and nachos.

After getting settled, they waited for the movie to start. The awkward silence between them was deafening. Couples surrounded them, Sakura took the time to ask some questions.

"Hey Gaara," she said.

"..."

"What's the real reason why you asked me out?" She asked popping some popcorn into her mouth.

Gaara tensed, "is it that obvious?" She nodded and he looked around, then sighed. "It's to help him."

"Who?"

Oblivious as ever, Gaara thought. He glanced to the side and saw Sasuke peering at them. Shaking his head he thought of how stupid they were. Both liked each other, but they just had to make it complicated.

The movie started, and the red haired boy didn't say much more. Now and then he'd glance over just to see Sasuke staring at them.

"Uh...I have to go to the bathroom," said Sakura.

Gaara nodded and she left. He watched amused as Sasuke excused himself and shook his head. But something else caught his attention.

"Lee sit down!" Said a hushed voice.

"But now is our chance to confront him." Said another voice.

"No Lee."

"How dare he ask the beautiful Sakura out on the day of Valentines?"

"Lee!" She whisper yelled. "He'll hear us."

Gaara shook his head and got up, walking towards the two spies, he grabbed the black haired girl's hand.

"Huh?" She asked confused. She blushed from the fact that they'd been caught.

"Why are you spying on me?" He asked.

"I'm not, I'm just here with my boyfriend Lee," she said turning around. She expected to see the black haired boy, but instead she saw an empty seat. "Why that little..." She muttered under her breath.

Gaara frowned and pulled the blue eyed girl down to where he was sitting.

"What are you–?"

"Shh," he said. He handed her his popcorn and turned to the big screen.

"Why are you...?" She didn't know what to say. So instead she thought of the next best thing. "I like you..."

She held her breath hoping that he wouldn't reject her. When she'd overheard him telling Sakura to go out with him, it broke her heart. Since the first day he'd arrived at Konoha high, she'd liked him...maybe even loved him.

"Good," was all he said in return. She purged her lips not knowing how to feel about his answer. "Because I like you too." A smile crept upon her lips and she felt a pair of lips on her cheek. "Now watch the movie," he said taking some of the popcorn from the container on her lap.

"Yes sir," she said and to her surprise he laughed.

~

Meanwhile Sakura was washing her hands in the women's bathroom. She sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. Who had Gaara been talking about?

She looked around the empty bathroom, intermission was up by now and everyone was going back to the theatre.

She opened the door and bumped into someone. "Sorry," she said.

"Watch where you're going," said a voice she'd never forget.

Glancing up she saw a pair of onyx eyes staring back at her. Sasuke.

"Right," she said hanging her head. She was about to walk away, but he was blocking her path. "Um...I kind of have to go now."

He scoffed, "going back to your date?"

She raised her chin and met his gaze, "yes. What's it to you?"

"Nothing. I didn't exactly come here alone either you know. Karin is actually waiting on me." He said with a smirk.

She felt her spirit sink, Karin? Of all persons, Karin. "Then you best be going."

"I–"

"Sasuke." Called that annoying voice they both hated.

Sasuke muttered a string of unintelligible words under his breath and pulled Sakura into the female bathroom.

"Sasuke, what are you–?"

"Shh!" He said locking them in one of the stalls. Inside was small since it was only made for one person. Her chest was pressed against Sasuke's and her breathing became unsteady.

"I don't have time for this," said Sakura.

"Just shh," he hissed listening.

"I thought you couldn't wait to get back to your date," Sakura taunted. Sasuke shot her a look of disapproval, but the pink haired girl didn't care.

The bathroom door opened and Sasuke knew it was Karin. Sakura knew too, she looked at him and opened her mouth.

"I'm going back t—" that was all she got out before his lips landed on hers.

At first she was too shocked to respond. Her crush was kissing her, her all time crush was kissing her. After a few minutes, her lips started to move in sync with his.

Sasuke held the back of Sakura's head, ensuring that she didn't pull away. Her hands rested on his chest.

He'd wanted to do this for days now and now he had the chance. Even after the bathroom door closed once more and he knew Karin was gone, he didn't stop kissing her. He couldn't stop, didn't want to stop.

Finally they pulled back for air, Sakura blushed and hid her face in his shirt.

"That was...just—"

"—wow," Sasuke finished. Sakura looked up at him and smiled. "Let's go."

She nodded and they opened the door. This time they weren't alone however. A lady stood looking at the two, Sakura's face was flustered and her hair was a mess. Sasuke's shirt was crushed by Sakura's doing. The lady only stared at them with an 'I-know-what-you-just-did' look.

Sasuke pulled Sakura outside and they made their way towards the exit. "But Gaara?"

"Has probably left already," he said. She took that as a good enough respond and followed the raven haired boy.

"Wait lovely Sakura!" Lee yelled running after the two. But neither of them heard him, too caught up in their own world.