Mr. Popular: Chapter 25

"Teme you're back!" Naruto yelled hugging his friend.

Sasuke groaned and tried to escape his tight grip. "Move it Dobe!"

Naruto snickered and released him. "It's about time you came back. Gaara's been hogging all the fan girls."

Just then there was a flash of red hair, followed by a bunch of love struck fan girls.

"Gaara-san!"

And not too far behind was a pissed off Yuina. "Ugh! Stay away from him!"

"That bad huh?" Shikamaru asked no one in particular as he casually walked by.

"Hey look! Sasuke's back!"

"Run Teme! Run!"

Sasuke sighed and took off at full speed. This wasn't what he expected when he got back.

Turning a corner, he was pulled into an empty hallway. "What?"

"Shh!" Hissed the person.

The onyx eyed boy was then pulled into an empty classroom. Finally getting a chance to see his attacker, he saw that it was Karin.

"What do you want Karin?"

She shuddered at the sound of her name when he said it. "Well you're welcome for my saving you."

"I didn't ask you to," he said about to leave.

"Wait!"

He turned his head to her direction, "Hn."

"I want to make a deal."

Sasuke scoffed, "I don't make deals."

"Hmm...well what do you say? You break up with Sakura–"

"How did you–?"

"I'm not dumb Sasuke. You break up with the pink disaster and date me –"

"No." He said placing his hand on the door handle.

"And I won't show the entire school Sakura's Arithmetic Diary."

Sasuke's eyes widened, he turned and saw the red head holding up Sakura's Math book. How did she get that?! It was supposed to be in his room at home.

"How did you get that?"

"Hmm, when I visited." She said with a sly smirk. "But that's besides the point. So what's your choice?"

"No."

"Oh Sasuke. If only you'd notice a girl like me, if only you could look at me and–"

Sasuke grabbed the book from her before she could finish reading what Sakura wrote.

"Teme?"

He heard Naruto's voice down the hall. "I've made dozens of copies."

Sasuke weighed his options. He didn't like the thought of Sakura  being embarrassed before everyone in the entire school!

"Teme where are you?"

The raven haired boy bit his lip and took one last glance at the exercise book in his grasp.

"So?"

"Fine."

Karin smiled and came to hug him. "I knew you'd agree."

Sasuke grimaced, but he couldn't push her away. She was now his g-girl...f-friend.

Finally he summoned the courage to pull away and bolted from the room. But unfortunately he wasn't watching where he was going and charged into a familiar pink haired girl.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura said surprised.

Sasuke didn't speak, he just looked at her. The way her pink hair cupped her face and her aquamarine eyes stared right back at him. Unable to control himself, he pulled her towards him and inhaling her intoxicating sent, crashed their lips together.

Sakura was taken by surprise, but she didn't pull back. Instead she kissed back with just as much longing and intensity.

Finally pulling apart, they both gasped for air. "Wow," Sakura whispered.

Sasuke smirked as the bell rang. "Let's go."

"What was that for?" Sakura asked. Sasuke didn't say anything, he merely stared down the hall. "You kissed me like it's the last time we–my notebook!" She exclaimed looking at the notebook in Sasuke's hands. Blushing, she took it from him. "I've been looking all over for this."

"Hn."

"Did....did you read it....?"

"Yes," he said blankly. Sakura blushed crimson and felt like fainting.

"Sasu–"

"Sakura," he said talking a step back.

"Huh?"

"I–we can't do this anymore."

"Do what Sasuke-kun?"

He shivered as he heard his name. He could listen to her calling him all day and never grow weary. That's why what he was about to do was about to tear both of them to pieces. "We can't be together."

"What? W-why not?"

"I don't like you." He said, devoid of all emotions.

"But I thought..."

"You thought wrong. Why would the captain of the football team want to nerd?"

His words hit her like a ton of bricks. She looked at his onyx eyes and caught a glimpse of remorse. This wasn't her Sasuke.

"Sasuke," she tried saying without her voice breaking. She failed however as her eyes became cloudy with tears.

"Just stay away from me Sakura...it's for your own good." And with that said he began to walk away. The tears came and Sakura felt a pang in her chest. She ran after him and hugged him from behind.

"Sasuke please don't leave me," she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Sakura," he said, trying to hold back the emotions that wanted freedom. Her arms felt good around him, but he was doing this for her sake. "Let go."

Sakura's eyes widened as she picked up on the sternness in his voice. "No."

"Sakura, let me go. I don't want you touching what isn't yours."

She squeezed her eyes shut and tried not to be emotionally mutilated by his harsh words. "Sasu–"

"He said let go," came a voice from around the corner. Coming into view was none other than Karin. Sasuke gritted his teeth and Sakura just kept holding on for dear life.

"Karin–"

"No Sasuke-kun, she needs to let go of you."

"What's it to you?" Sakura sobbed.

Karin came closer, "Well since he's my boyfriend. I have a problem."

Sakura's eyes widened and her grip faltered. "What? Sasuke is this true?"

Sasuke silently cursed under his breath and nodded. "See," said the red head.

"But...you love–"

"No one," he interjected pulling away from her grip. He placed a reluctant arm over Karin's shoulders. Turning once to emphasis his point he repeated his statement. "I love no one."