chapter 4

My baby is feeling better today and I'm happy because i couldnt miss work again today since it's the day of the presentation. I am preparing for work,i just took a shower right now I'm looking for something to wear when my phone vibrates notifying me that i have a message. "Good luck angel, i know you'll nail this!" Its from my dad, i reply with a thank you,i guess this is exactly what i needed to start off my day.

I went to get the scratch on my car fixed yesterday after leaving Phile with maMartha. Today i opt to wear black A-line formal pants, a Black tucked in t shirt and a cream white suit jacket that has a belt, i tie the belt around my waist, the belt has a gold buckle so i match that with black chanel pump heels with a gold channel sign on top, i wear my bob fringe peruvian weave,apply red matte lipstick and match the outfit with a black handbag.

I walk downstairs to find Phile already done eating, maMartha has packed her lunchbox for her "hmmm mommy you look beautiful today" i chuckle at how she said it , maMartha also adds on "she's right, you look amazing" she says handing me my lunchbox bag "thank you guys, ma we'll see you later" we walk out to the car and as usual princess runs to the car, i buckle her up and she leads prayer. I drop her off at the school gate and wait for some time to ensure that she gets to class safe before driving off to the office while jamming to joyous celebration 21.

When i arrive at the office Linda isnt in yet so I get started on preparing the boardroom, I'm a bit more nervous than usual today, this is a big project and if i nail this then it would really mean a lot for my reputation around here as well as for my cv.

After preparing everything, Linda walks in "Ms A, these days you arent giving us a break i mean you've been slaying" she says while distributing the files and water bottles around the desk, i smile, more like blush "thank you Lindz, but you're late" she smile nervously, i just chuckle and go back to connecting my laptop to the projector and making sure that the sound is working.

Its 8h30 and the clients are not here yet, they probably got a better deal elsewhere, i should've known. As I'm about to disconnect my laptop, a young lady walks in followed by a much older looking lady and 2 gentlemen. "Welcome to Triple A communications, I'm Ms Amanda Mthethwa, the marketing director, please take a seat" they all take thier seats after offering me firm handshakes.

The young lady i assume is the one who will be taking minutes for the meeting "shall we begin?" I ask as I'm about to get started the much older looking lady stops me "please kindly wait for our CEO he is on his way". Now one thing about me, i honour time, when I'm supposed to show up ay 8 o'clock i make sure to at least arrive at 8h05 the latest so this is uncalled for, if we'll work together i think I'll have to address this.

A tall gentlman walks in while talking and laughing through his phone, i assume thats the CEO that they're referring to so i open the presentation on my laptop "good morning, apologies for keeping you waiting" the guy that just walked in says, at least he noticed that what he just did was uncalled for.

I introduced myself and got started on my presentation, the older lady and the 2 gentlemen seemed impressed while Mr CEO kept drilling me with hypothetical questions. The presentation took longer than expected but it was worth it because they like our offer and they're willing to sign with us,meaning from now on, the junior management will be handling this project, I've done my job in securing the client!

The meeting is over and I'm now packing my laptop along with all my other devices and documents. "Mrs Mthethwa" a tall figure standing next to me says, i look up and its Mr CEO "its Ms Mthethwa, how may i help you sir?" I smile, he takes out his hand for a handshake "i dont think we've met, I'm Zweli Ndlovu, the CEO of GM Motors" i shake his hand and he smiles,this is weird, "nice to meet you Mr Ndlovu, if you'd excuse me, i have some work to do"

He looks familiar, i cannot put my finger on it though. "Sorry about your car" he says as I'm approaching the door, I turn back then it hits me, it's him! It's that moron who bumped into my car. He's standing there smiling as if its cute that he pumped my car. I just walk out walked out saying a word.

I got to my office then got busy on my next assigned prpject. Linda knocks then walks in, "there's someone who would like to have a word with you" before i could even ask who it is, Mr Ndlovu walks in behind her.

Linda then walks back out, "Mr Ndlovu how may i help you" i ask looking at him expectantly. "About your car, I'm really sorry, can i get it fixed for you?" He looks sincere about it "I've already got that sorted out thank you" i say now waiting for him to walk back out so that i can continue working "can i at least make it up to you?, can i take you out for lunch as my way of saying sorry?" Typical of men, i knew this was all his way of getting under my skirt.

"Mr Ndlovu, my car is okay and no i do not need lunch, just as much as i could afford to fix my car, I'm sure i can also afford to get myself something to eat, now if you could excuse me" he looks at me for a few seconds before walking out.

I continue with work then fetch my baby from school, as usual she's blabbing about her day. When we get to the office she decides to sit with Linda, i get back to work. Its finally knock off time and I'm so exhausted , i cannot believe its only midweek but I'm through with this week.