chapter 15

*a month later*
It's wednesday today, I'm at work but I'm worried about Zwe, he hasnt been feeling well since the week started, he barely stomaches anything that goes into his mouth and he's nauseated. All that he ever does is just sleep. But you know how stubborn Zulu men are, he bluntly refused to go to the doctor even after I've had to beg him to.

Phile has a ballet practice but I'm working late today so dad will fetch her from school, I'll pick her up later. We are currently working on rebranding our company adverts and our website so as the marketing director I'm incharge of approving or giving input to the rebrand. It has been a hectic week and the new set up should be up and ready for display by friday but we'll be launching it on monday evening.

It's 6pm and I'm finally knocking off. What a hectic day it was. I'm driving to Zwe's place first before fetching Phile because she blabbs about everything to my parents she'll end up telling them that we went to visit uncle Zweli on a school night. There's a nice black BMW on his driveway, meaning he has a visitor, I sure hope it's one of his friends that I've met, it can get really awkard if its someone i dont know.

I walk to the door and knock, I'm dressed in a black pencil skirt,a white blouse and black block heels. I have a fringe bob weave on. I've been knocking and no one seems to be letting me in so I let myself in. In smells amazing in here,i guess whoever this guest is, beat me to it, i was planning on cooking for him before i leave.

I walk into the kitchen and find a beautiful lady, she's light skinned, very petite but she's almost my height. "Hi" i greet,I seem to have stuttled her a bit because she was busy humming and cooking. "Hi" she greets with a smile, much like Zwe's smile. "Uhm, I'm here to see Zweli" she smiles while raising her eyebrows. "Please follow me" she leads the way to the sitting room and there he is with a small blanket over him, he's sitting on a recliner couch.

"Hawu, maNyambose" he smiles. I walk towards him and give him a kiss, the lady is no longer with us, i assume she went back to the kitchen. "Gatsheni, how are you feeling?" he chuckles "I'm better" he likes acting tough but it's evident that he isn't feeling well. We sit and talk about my day and work. The lady comes back with a tray and 2 plates. We thank her before she leaves.i look at Zwe with a questioning look.

He chuckles, more like laughs. "That's my older sister,Zande, she came when she found out that I'm not feeling well" she comes back and joins us, after the amazing meal i bid them farewell, it's almost Phile's bedtime, my parents will kill me. Zwe stands after i let them know that I'm leaving, I'm thinking that he'll just offer a hug because his older sister is around but instead he plants a wet kiss before pulling back and leaving me wanting more.

Its almost 8pm,i drive into my parents yard. I walk in and find my parents sitting together watching tv. I greet but only my dad greets back. "Phile can sleepover, we dont want to interupt her bedtime, I'll take her to school" thats my dad.

"Thank you baba" My mum's eyes are literally digging into me, i can feel that her eyes have been on me since i got here. "I'll get going then, goodnight" i stand and this time no one responds, and then? Why the sudden tension.

I drive home and as soon as i get into bed, my sheets smell like Zwe suddenly my body feels some type of way. Its so unbearable that i had to help myself before sleeping. This has never happened before.

The next day I'm driving to work, my mum sends me a message "meet me at Tasha's for lunch" just that, no good morning or anything of that nature. I text my girls an update on how Zwe is feeling, they all still tell me that i should take him to the doctor. My girls and i are planning a holiday without kids, this December which is a month away. I cannot wait. I sure hope nothing interfers with our plans.

At lunchtime i drive to meet up with my mum. I find her already there busy on her phone. I walk over to her "mamzo" she looks up, i take a seat, we both take our orders, i order ribs , chips and a burger. She gives me an inquisitive look, what? A girls gotta eat!

We wait for our order and honestly I'm very impatient right now. "How have you been?" She asks, "ahh ma mina I've been fine, it's just that work has been hectic, how have you been?" I ask. "Well I've been good,I'm just worried about you" i wonder what this is about now. "Worried about me?" She sternly looks at me "all this weight gain, you've even gained complexion, your skin is way more flawless"  what is this woman talking about?

Our food comes and I'm just so exicted to dig in that i even forget what she just said. I dig in and involuntarily let out a moan from the pleasure I just received from these sticky pork ribs. I open my eyes and my mum is looking at me, she hasn't shifted her attention from me.

After lunch she hands me a gift bag. "This is for you,open it when you get home, please keep an open mind about this" my mum has been acting weird honestly.

I drive back to work and the day goes well as usual. We are closer to wrapping up this project. Today i knocked off early and fetched my princess from school. Its almost end of the year. I get there and Mrs adams hands me a special invitation to the awards ceremony which will be held at the school in 2 weeks time meaning the end of November.

We drive to Zwe's place with my daughter everso excited about seeing uncle Zweli. We get there and thankfully there's no other car insight. We walk in and Phile runs in leaving me behind. "Uncle Zweli!" She shouts as soon as she gets to the door. We walk in and he is in the sitting room wearing sweatpants and a vest, he still doesnt look too good.

"When are you going to stop with your stubbornness, you really need to visit the doctor" he pays no attention to me but continues talking to Phile about God knows what. I cook for him before driving home with my baby.

Later on while Phile has fallen asleep i get a message from my mum "dont forget the gift" i almost forget about the gift bag she gave me. I open it and there's a long regtangular shaped box wrapped in gift paper. I unwrap it and wow! Just wow. I'm met by 2 pregnancy test kits. So my mum thinks I'm pregnant just because I've put on some weight and my skin is glowing? What if it's just happiness?

I call her and it rings twice before she picks up. "Hey baby" she is so chilled right now. "Pregnancy tests ma, really?" She sighs, "if you are so sure that you are not pregnant then take them just to put my mind at ease" my mum must really be getting old "fine!" I hang up and slide back onto the couch.

I take a few minutes to myself before going upstairs to my ensuite and taking the tests. I leave them on top of the basin then go back to sit on my bed. After a couple of minutes that felt like forever, i go back to the bathroom  to be met by the shock of my life....