chapter 14

As soon as i walk downstairs i find Zwe already at the door welcoming our guests. Sphamandla and his family are dressed formally so I'm assumimg they're coming from church.

"Welcome!" I say as i walk towards them. "Amy, you've done well for yourself, your home is beautiful" i smile proudly, "oh stop it" i lead them to the already set table. He's such a gentleman, he opens the chair for his wife while Phile is already chatting about with the twins. They all sit down while i fetch the last few salad dishes before sitting down next to Zwe. "So Spha where did you disappear off to? Also how do you guys even know each other?" I ask because there's a bit of awkward silence. He chuckles first before responding "i left to find a job in order to be able to take care of my wife, she was pregnant with the twins at the time and you know how strict church rules were" we chuckle, wow so they've been together for that long.

Well Lethabo is rather uncomfortable here. We start serving ourselves while i dish up for the kids. The conversations are flowing mainly between Spha and i, Zwe is just focused on his food and Spha's wife is just tense.

"So when did you and Zweli meet?" Thats the first time that this lady has said anything since they Got here. "A year ago" Zwe responds before i could even think of a response. "So your daughter, she isn't Zweli's?" She asks now looking at me, I keep quiet, i dont know what she's implying but I will not entertain her especially in my own space. "I mean she's almost the twins' age, so there's no way she could be Zweli's" she says before sipping on her juice. I dont like her!

We continue eating in silence. Well i was mostly just playing with my food. My princess came asking for dissert so i used this as an opportunity to excuse myself.

*Zweli's POV*
I can tell that Amanda is hurt by the remarks made by Lethabo and that alone pisses me off. Amanda's eyes are a bit teary but she quickly excuses herself.

"So Lethabo what do you do?" She shifts uncomfortably. "She's been a stay at home mum, we don't trust anyone with our kids" Spha responds. I just nodd taking a sip of my drink. "Well Amanda is a marketing director, she holds a masters in the field" she giggles then moves her eyes uncomfortably.

After a while Amanda comes back with a tray and serves dessert. We all dig in and after dessert they bid farewell and leave. Phile is upstairs playing in her playroom so i take this as an opportunity to speak to Amanda.

"maMthethwa" i call out for her as i walk into the kicthen, i find her busy washing dishes, i grab another dish cloth and assist her. "don't let people like her get to you, I love Phile as my own, it doesnt matter what the next person says, you and Phile are a part of me now" she looks up at me and smiles briefly "thank you" we continue washing dishes and talking about random things like work and her plans for the week.

*Amanda's POV*
The lunch with Spha and his family didnt go quiet as i would've expected. His wife seems to have a hidden vendetta. It's probably because they all know each other from back in varsity. I'm now sitting in the living room braiding my daughter. Zwe left about an hour ago saying that a friend of his needs help with something urgently so I'm assuming after assisting his friend he'll go back to his place.

By the time i finish braiding her she's already fast asleep, this happens everytime. I pick her up and go upstairs to her room to tuck her in. I use this time to iron her school uniform as well as pick out an outfit for myself for tomorrow. While ironing, there's a knock on my door. Honestly the security guys at the main gate seem to fail at doing their job because i never get informed about any visitor.

I open the door and Zwe stands there. I honestly thought he'd be home. I make way for him to come in, he walks straight to the living room. "Ngicela ukudla maMthethwa(may you please dish up for me)" just like that, he didnt even kiss me like he usually does when he gets here.

I heat up leftovers from earlier then dish up for him, i put warm water in a medium bowl, a dish cloth on the side and i serve him. My dad would kill me if he found out that I'm performing wifey duties for a boyfriend but hey the things we do for love.

He washes his hands, dries them then takes the food and digs in. Again he doesnt even say thank you. After ironing i pack everything back then washed his dish.

I walk upstairs to take a shower. Well since he's suddenly grumpy, I'll just retire to bed because i cannot sit with a sour person. Well I'm suddenly restless, i cannot sleep knowing that Zwe is around and we'd be cuddled up now if he wasnt so grumpy and somehow my body longs for him.

I guess i should swallow my pride and go downstairs. I grab my robe the walk downstairs, i stand at the end of the staircase, he's still in the same position watching news. "Zwe, aren't you coming to join me" he looks up, then back to the screen. "Hawu Gatsheni(clan name), asambe siyolala(let's go to bed)" he doesnt even look at me this time. I'm defeated. I walk back to my bedroom and cuddle myself up.

As sleep is slowly taking over I'm disturbed from my sleep by cold hands snaking their way around my waist. I move away but he moves closer. "Kuyangijabulisa uma ungithakazela(i like it when you call me by my clan names)" then he plans a kiss on my neck while pulling me closer to him. You know what happened next. Let's just say we pulled an all nighter.