chapter 5

Its friyay!! And i honestly couldnt be happier. I'm seeing my girls tomorrow  after not seeing them for close to a month now. Today I'm going casual. I'm wearing Navy blue jeans, a brown pablum top with brown strappy block heels, i left my short hair and topped the look with gold loopy earrings. A brown hand bag and I'm good to go.

My baby is wearing tracksuits today since friday is sports day although she doesnt participate in sport because shes asthmatic but she's going there to support Mikayla. I drop her off at school then drive to work. Since Linda isnt in yet, i check my emails and it's an invite to a car launch in GM motors since I'm somehow part of the team that made this a success on the marketing side of things. But the event is Saturday evening and the email came in yesterday afternoon, i dont think I'll make it for the event especially since i do not have a plus one.

Or unless... "girls would you like to attend a car launch event tomorrow evening?" I sent this text to our group chat, and as usual Mpho is the first to respond "fine rich men? Count me in!"  Well i knew i could count on her, "i need a babysitter" thats Noxolo, my mum wouldnt mind babysitting, she loves having kids around the house since its always just her and dad. "Let me talk to maMthethwa I dont think she has a problem with babysitting"  I respond.

I call my mum and as anticipated she doesnt mind babysitting. "Mum says she doesnt mind" i respond Ntokozo only responded with dancing emojis so I'm assuming she's in as well.

I need to go dress hunting after working. Linda walks in at 9h00, thats an hour late than she usually arrives. On a normal day I'd address this with her but she doesnt look okay. "Lindz" i call out for her but she has zoned out and is facing the wall. "Lindz!" I say in a bit of a shout, she is stuttled. "Ms A" she says.

I walk over to her desk and sit next to her, "Whats wrong?" I ask, she sighs before tears roll down her eyes, "my landlord is kicking us out, my sister took the rent money and instead of paying she drank it and now the landlord threw our belongings out" she cries, i just pull her into my arms.

One thing about this girl is that she's very hardworking and she has a soft heart, she doesnt deserve the life that she lives. "Please allow me to help you, i know you don't appreciate handouts but please just this once" she doesnt say anything she continues to cry.

I walk over to my desk and take my phone to transfer some funds to her account. She looks at her phone before coming up to me and giving me a warm hug "thank you so much Ms A".

My heart is happy knowing that I've managed to help someone out of a situation. The rest of the day she seemed better. I knock off at 12 today. I went first to fetch Ngiphile from school. When i got there it seems like their still in Ballet class. I walk in and wait outside the venue. After class my baby walks out still in her ballerina costume, she runs to me "mommy!" I carry her in my arms, "Princess, you look so beautiful" she smiles "please take pictures and send them to Khulu"  my baby and my dad are literally the best of friends sometimes i get jealous because when my dad is around then Phile doesnt even notice when I'm not even around.

She poses for the pictures before we walk back to the car. "Baby we are going to pass by the mall to get a dress for mommy" i say, she screams in excitement "a princess dress?" She asks , my baby is obsessed with princess dresses, probably 90% of her closet is filled with princess dresses. We get to the mall and walk in hand in hand. We went to a nice dress boutique, i opted for a black off shoulder dress that is tight until my knees then has a mermaid tale, it fits me perfectly and lets out my cleavage neatly and perfectly.

We go to woolworths to buy Phile a tutu dress because she also wants a new dress like mommy, my diva drama queen though. We drove home and we had a mini play date together because my princess demanded that we play.

Later on when i told her that she will spend the weekend with Khulu and gogo she suggested that we bake a cake for them so we had to drive to spar to buy a cake mix and frosting for their chocolate cake. Lets just say when Phile finally retired to bed, i had a lot of cleaning to do.

*Saturday morning*
"Mama wake up" thats Phile next to me with her small hands rubbing my cheeks, i open my eyes then grab my phone to check the time "Ngiphile it's only 5am and you're already up?" I ask while putting the blanket over her. "We should go and see Khulu now" see i shouldnt have told her about her weekend visit. "No Phile sleep we'll go to Khulu later not now" she pouts her tiny lips then starts crying. I honestly dont have energy for this so i just put the blankets over my head and sleep.

I woke up at 10 with my princess peacefully sleeping next to me, i guess she finally decided to sleep. She looks so cute with her bushy eyebrows, tiny pouty lips not to mention how hairy she is, her edges are naturally laid. I snap a few pictures of her then get up. I brush my teeth and do my whole morning routine before going into her play room to tidy up then to her bedroom to make the bed, and pack her an overnight bag. She walks in while I'm packing, she walks to me and hugs my knees, i carry her in my arms then sit on the bed, she buries her face on my neck "morning princess" she yawns "morning mommy" i kiss her cheek "whats wrong baby?" She sighs "I'm tired" oh my drama queen though, i chuckle and put her on the bed while i continue packing.

I fix her a bath while i go downstairs to prepare breakfast, so during the week we dont get a chance to sit and enjoy a full english breakfast now why not do that on weekends. I prepared everything and she came down wearing her new dress that we bought yesterday. We sat and ate after that i prepared myself then drove her to my parents house.

I spoke to the ladies and since the event starts at 4 they'll all drive to my place and we'll all get dolled up and prepared there.