chapter 21

Buhle is finally getting discharged from the hospital and we are all so excited. I've been living at my parents place and Phile seems to like it here. She's currently at school but she cannot wait to finally meet her baby brother.

My mum drove me to the hospital to fetch my little prince. He's so cute and also very hairy like Ngiphile, he's no longer as tiny as he was at birth. I'm so excited to breastfeed him.

We signed all the neccesary documents before driving home with my cute little blessing. We get home and finally i get to breastfeed him, this has to be the best part about having him home. I feel like breastfeeding him will be my way of getting to bond with him.

Dad walks into Buhle's nursery holding a white envelope. He doesn't look too pleased. "Did you know about this?" He asks while handing me the paper, more like throwing at me. It's a letter from the Ndlovu's asking for my hand in marriage! This is insane. "Cha baba, Zweli and I seperated months ago" he looks at me for a while before shaking his head and leaving the room. I'm shocked!

After Buhle finally falls asleep, I text my girls to let them know about the letter sent by Zwe's family, Mpho is the only one who sees nothing wrong with what just happened.

*Zweli's POV*
Its been hard trying to move on with life as if Amanda never existed, she was a huge part of my life and all that is started to sink in.

I've been having bad dreams about Amanda carrying a lifeless body of a baby boy. I've told my dad about this and he suggested that we visit a seer, well i personally do not believe in these things but this dream has been troubling me for sometime now because in that dream Amanda is crying and blaming me for whatever it is that happened.

We visited the seer and I was told that the Mthethwa anscestors are angry and if i do not fix things and cleanse Amanda for what i did to her then the dark cloud will continue following her also my son might not make it.

My dad figured out that the only way i can do all that without letting the Mthethwas know what i did to Amanda is if i ask for her hand in marriage. I'm more than happy to make her my wife but my dad isnt aware that Amanda and I are seperated so he decided to send the letter as soon as possible now I'm stuck with explaining to Amanda.

I drove to her place and apparently she hasnt been around in over 2 months now she just occasionally comes then leaves later on in the day. I've tried calling her countless times but it redirects to voicemail meaning that she blocked my number, even on Phile's phone. I decide to drive to Phile's school, I'll possibly get to see her there.

I'm now parked outside the gate at Ngiphile's school. It's after school and Amanda'a car is nowhere insight. While sitting i spot Ngiphile walking out with Amanda's dad. Shoot! Meaning she's been living with her parents and there's no way I'm going into that man's house, he has always hated me he never even hid it.

I drove back to my place only to find Penelope still there wearing her usual skimpy outfits. This girl is annoying, the sex is great but just the sound of her voice seems to put me off. She's all about the soft life, she's chasing designer shoes and expensive clothes but isn't really looking to buy any of those with her own money. I like an independent woman, like Amanda, she knows exactly what she wants and she's also very hardworking.

This girl cannot even fry an egg, all she ever does is pose for pictures on every corner of my house with her long devilish filthy nails. I ordered food while she starts nagging me about a new bag that her friend bought. God if this is your way of punishing me then please its enough now I'm tired of thing girl.

*Amanda's POV*
I'm emotional, my princess's face lit up as soon as she saw her baby brother, the happiness on her face just filled my heart with so much joy, she even asked that we allow her to carry him. She's looking forward to being the best big sister, at least thats what she said.

Buhle is asleep and I'm now helping Phile with homework. "Write a paragraph about your family" she reads the instructions, she's so excited she writes about Buhle first then goes on to writing about Khulu, yep that was predictable, then she writes about her "dad" now I'm paying close attention to what she has to write about her dad because as far as I know, khulu is the only dad she has.

"Nana,but you already wrote about khulu" i ask confused. "I know mommy, our teacher said in order to be a good writer you need to be creative and use your imagination" okay this sounds interesting i nodd "so I'm writing about what i wish my dad would've been like if he was around" Phile is clearly no longer the 3 year old who believed that Khulu was her dad. It really tears me apart that i cannot tell my daughter the truth, anyway she's too young to understand.

We finish with homework then she goes down for dinner while I'm left with my mum as she's helping me bathe and feed Buhle. "So the letter from the Ndlovu's?" She asks while she's mixing bath water. "Argh ma, I'm focused on my kids now, Zweli doesnt even care to find out if I've given birth yet or not so why on earth would i agree to marry him?" She sighs "i think it's time you spoke to him, just the two of you" my mum has always been the voice of reason but at this point i do not think that Zweli deserves my time. He has really affected my relationship with my dad and I'm not going to let that go on any longer.

I later spoke to my dad about the letter and pleaded with him to respond back letting them know that I'm not ready to get married to their son. I sure hope they stay away just like he isnt bothered about his son's life.