chapter 16

I'm pregnant, I'm 8 weeks pregnant. But how? Well who am i kidding this was bound to happen, Zwe is against using protection, whenever i bring this subject he uses this theory of eating a sweet with the wrapper on or whatever. I havent had my period in a month or 2, I'm not too sure.

I'm sitting on my bed trying to think about whats next, I'm not ready for another child, I've gotten so used to having Phile as my only. My biggest fear is not being able to give this baby as much love as i gave to Phile or what if princess feels like she is being replaced. My phone rings disturbing me from my thoughts,it's probably my mother, no the caller ID reads "Gatsheni" so its Zwe. "maMthethwa" I keep quiet for sometime "i dont like how you address me like a child in front of Phile, how will she respect me if you talk to me like that around her?" I'm quiet "maMthethwa ngikhuluma nawe(I'm talking to you)" I'm still quiet "uyabona ke ilento ezosiqabanisa(this is exactly what will lead to a fight)..." his voice comes out in more of a shout. I cut him off "I'm Pregnant!" I exclaim. He keeps quiet for sometime, after that he cuts the call, just like that he hung up on me.

I throw away the test kits in my ensuit bathroom dustbin. I take a quick shower before getting into bed. I'm numb, i dont know why I'm not even crying right now, I'm just really numb.

*Zweli's POV*
I'm shocked! Honestly shock is an understatement. Under different circumstances I'd be happy to find out that Amanda is carrying my seed.

So the day when we had lunch with Spha and Lethabo i later left Amanda claiming that a friend of mine needs help. I was actually going to meet up with Spha, he asked that we talk and clear the air. As we spoke he told me how he ended up with Lethabo and he had no other choice but to marry her because thats what both their families suggested. He further told me that Amanda was the girl he had eyes on. Now this got me thinking, what if, just what if Amanda is the church lady that i encountered. What if I'm actually Phile's father?

I've had a tough time dealing with those thoughts and when i fell ill i used that time to actually try and track down the mysterous lady that i had an encounter with, i still find no leads to her. Which can only mean my suspicious about Amanda might be correct. I love Amanda but my biggest fear is if she'll ever forgive me should it happen that I'm Phile's dad.

I take my car keys and cellphone,she's probably hurt at my reaction to her pregnancy but deep down I'm happy, i just wish it had happened differently.

I get to her place and let myself in. I find her sleeping peacefully in bed. I strip naked before joining her in bed. She shifts a bit before noticing that its just me. "Zwe" she faces my direction. "I'm sorry babe, I'm here now" she sniffs, i try to hush her. "I thought you'd never come, i thought you wanted nothing to do with me" i hush her when she's finally relaxed i plant a kiss on her lips and make love to her, allowing our souls to communicate our love for each other. Before we finally fall asleep.

*Amanda's POV*
I woke up in my mans arms. Pity I'm going to work so i need to get up and get ready, his grip tightens as i try to move out of bed. "Zweli! I'm going to be late for work" he doesnt even listen to me, he pulls me back the starts kissing me, my body reacts immediately but he pulls back "ngiyakthanda maMthethwa" i smile "i love you more Gatsheni" he smiles "awuphinde futhi(say that again)" "nami ngiyakthanda(i love you too) Gatsheni boya benyathi(clan names)" he has the widest grin right now. "Dont go to work today" he says while nibbling on my neck, we went on for another round.

I arrived at work 15 minutes late but I'll cover for that during my lunchtime. I'm in my office busy with work when my mum knocks before walking in. "Morning ma, what a pleasant surprise" i say sarcastically. "So?" She asks, obviously about her little gift that she bought for me. "I'm 8 weeks pregnant" she squils in her chair,"ohhhh i knew God will answer my prayers!" She has the widest smile, what the actual heck is going on?! So mama has been hoping that I fall pregnant, I'm worried about how they'll take this but she's here actually celebrating.

"Ma how do you think dad will take all of this? How will i even tell him?" I'm tearing up now. "Oh dont worry about him, he knew already, besides he wont be upset forever" trust my mum to take serious matters very lightly.

The rest of the day was great, we finally wrapped up the project and we are ready for the launch taking place on monday evening. After work though i need to visit a gynea and find out if I'm really pregnant.