Chapter 31

*1 year later*
"smile for the camera Buhlebenkosi," Zweli says while snapping probably the 100th picture of Buhle who now looks rather annoyed. well, today is his first day of preschool, my baby looks so cute in his Grey school shorts and blue t-shirt. Life has been good, Zweli has been a hands-on father in our children's lives which has made this co-parenting thing work out.

Well here's a mini-life update. Mpho is expecting her first child and I'm planning her baby launch! Noxolo and Ntokozo have been happily married since and I'm suspecting that Noxolo might just be pregnant but she hasn't confirmed it yet. O,n the other hand, I'm still riding solo, obrey and I have been out on a few dates, and ever since we haven't put a title to it, which I appreciate. Phile is starting high school next Monday and today she went stationery shopping with my mother since I had to come here with Zweli to bring Buhle.

I finally secured that building to run my company and might I add, things have been amazing in that aspect of life. After all the formalities of meeting the teachers and the tour around the school, we can finally go home and help the princess with high school preparations.

Zweli and I drove here in his car because he says he doesn't want Buhle to ask questions that neither of us are ready to answer. While driving back home I can't shake off the feeling that something is bothering Zweli. "Zwe" I call out for him, "Hmmm" he looks at me briefly before staring back at the road. "what's wrong?" he glances at me and sighs before focusing on the road again.

I'm worried about him now but I choose not to dwell on it much, he's a grown man I'm sure he can get through whatever it is that might be bothering him. We finally get to my place as I'm about to leave the car he calls out for me, I sit back in my chair and look at him "you're a strong woman, and an amazing mother to our kids, thank you" okay now that's awkward. I just smile and nod before stepping out.

*Zweli's POV*
The past couple of months have been a drag for me, Bontle has been so persistent on trying for a baby and I'm honestly tired of this now, I'm sure it's clear to anyone that she and I have a problem. This whole thing has put a strain on our marriage, I don't think I can continue living with Bontle, she's a yes-sir type of woman, and I don't want to spend my whole life with a woman that wants to be controlled, I need someone who has an opinion and isn't afraid to voice it, someone who has goals, future driven. All that my wife ever talks about is expensive hair, make-up, and designer clothes.

Anyway enough about my wife, I went home over the weekend as I was summoned by my father. He gave strict instructions that I shouldn't bring my wife with me.
*flashback to Saturday*
"Ndodana, you made it" that's my father welcoming me, he assists me with my bags until we reach my room. "please put your bags down and follow us to the ancestral hart" he pats my shoulder and than walks off. This must be urgent that I cannot even freshen up first after the long drive coming down here.

I change my shoes and then walk out to the hart. I found that It was only my dad and the family seer. "gatseni" he greets me as I sit down on the grass mat.

"the ancestors are not pleased," he says, my dad looks up at me and I'm just sitting there confused, haven't I been doing everything right for my kids?, "your wife isn't recognized by the ancestors, that's the reason why she cannot bear you a child" okay now this is crazy, we performed everything accordingly when I took her as my wife. I tried asking how do we fix that but the only suggestion they gave was for me to take a second wife, I was so upset that I stormed out and drove off to a BnB because I couldn't be in the same room with my family, especially at the state I was in.

I know it's tradition and it's normal to be in a polygamous marriage but I wouldn't want to make Bontle feel as though she has failed as a wife just because she's unable to bare me kids, and besides, Bontle alone gives me a headache, what more now when I have two wives.

*present*
I've been thinking a lot about what happened the past weekend and it bothers me that my wife and I will never be able to have kids of our own, as much as I already have kids of my own, I'd much love to share that with someone I call my wife.