chapter 8

*Zweli's POV*
After visiting Amanda during lunchtime i drove straight home, mainly because i doubt that i would've been able to focus had i decided to go back to the office.

There's something about Phile. She resembles my mother. I just cannot shake off this thought, her smile and her dimpled-face. But maybe just maybe I'm overthinking things.

Amanda Makes me happy, I'm so drawn to her, the more she keeps pushing me away is there more i want to spend time with her. She's so closed up though, she just doesnt want to let me in, its been months of sending hints at her but she just bluntly ignores those. But i feel like her daughter might just be a way for me to worm my way into her heart. Amanda is beautiful, she has a kind heart, she's friendly, smart and very driven. I feel like she's the universe's answer to my call for someone to settle down with.

See one thing about me, i dont do love. I feel like falling in love and staying with the same woman forever is ideal for weak men. I'm a Ndlovu and Ndlovu men are not weak. I've been in a serious relationship once and that was back in varsity, Lethabo meant everything to me, i was ready to marry her as soon as we graduate until one evening when i went to look for her at her residence only to find a note from her roommate, it was basically a goodbye note.

Later that week it was brought to my attention that she left because she found out she was pregnant and the child was obviously not mine because she kept telling me that we should wait for marriage. She fell pregnant and bared my former best friend's child. I had to avenge for myself for what my best friend did, i had to...

But let me not get into detail about that. Let me introduce myself, I'm Zweli Ndlovu, 31 year old business man. I'm the CEO of GM motors, I own  a shuttle service, 2 5 star hotels, a butchery and I'm working on building a spar and retreat.

I'm the middle child, i have an older brother(Zakhele,39), an older sister(Zande,35) and a younger brother(sifiso, 27) and a younger sister, the princess of the family Alwande(21). My dad is a polygamist, he had 3 wives before died together with her unborn son. My mother(maZungu) is dad's second wife but practically his first since MaRadebe is no more. My father is Mandla Ndlovu, he owns a chain of clubs, pubs and chisanyama's. My dad's third wife(maSithole) has 2 sons, who are older than me and are totally dependant on my dad, all that Sakhile and Manqoba ever do is drink and inbebt themselves only for my dad to pay for those debts.

I come from a very big family. I'm originally from kwanongoma but dad moved us to Hammersdale(a township in durban) when his businesses started picking up. I was only in grade 2 when we moved to durban so i practically grew up there. I moved to Johannesburg during my first year of varsity, I Studied bcom business management at the university of the Witwatersrand, i dont however believe that the success of my businesses is because of a piece of paper that i acquired at Wits, it goes far beyond that,I've had to make a lot of sacrifices, some that I'm not proud of.

I'm sitting in my house(waterfall estate in midrand) and I'm trying to look up on Amanda because after seeing her daughter I'm convinced that her and i might probably be related or maybe i might be related to Phile's dad. This woman lives a very private life, all her social media platforms are private. Honestly with Amanda i feel the need to do things right, i dont want to send any of my guys to dig up on her, i want to be a simple guy to her, a guy that's interested.

The feeling i get whenever i am around Amanda is unexplainable. It's foreign to me, she makes me so happy, effortlessly so, her smile, her chubby cheeks! Gosh that woman is everything, dont get me started on her physique, man i love me some chubby mama.

It's now around her bedtime so i decide to send her a goodnight text which she probably will not respond to, but it's worth the try.

*the next morning*
I woke up and prepared for work. I spent almost the whole night thinking about Amanda and Phile, its weird how i just want to protect them, i just feel the need to see them every single day.

I drive to work while listen to a local jazz compilation disk. I park my car at the undeground parking then take a lift up to my office. My PA is here wearing her skimpy outfits as usual, see before i met Amanda, my PA and i used to be fuck buddies but lately even uGatsheni doesnt stand, all i ever think about is Amanda. Maybe i should ask her out on an actual date, i mean she knows me well enough now, why else would she decline?

I call a florist, well I've become a regular there since Amanda happened. I order her favourite sunflowers, thanks to Linda her PA for filling me in on what Amanda likes and dislikes. I order a seafood platter for 3 incase Princess Phile is around. I order a box of chocolates although this is a long shot, judging by her flawless skin, she probably hates chocolate, but it's worth a try.

I collect all my orders and drive to her workplace, Linda lets me walk right through to her office. Her door is slightly open and she's sitting on her chair trying to massage her neck, shame she looks exhausted.

"Tired already?" I ask while leaning on the door frame, she is stuttled until she notices that its me then she flashes a warm smile at me. "Hey you" well i hope I'm not getting ahead of myself but she seems happy to see me "hey, i figured you'd slave yourself throughout the day and forget about food,so i come baring gifts" all along I'm talking to her she walks up to me and silly me thinks that she's coming over for a hug judging by her big smile only to be disappointed, she grabs the sunflowers and removes the roses in her vase replacing them with the sunflowers ,she grabs her phone and snaps picks of the vase.

The smile on her face as she does this is just priceless. I sit down and wait for her to finish what she is busy with on her phone. She finally puts her phone down and sits on her chair. "So lunch?" She smiles and chuckles a bit "thank you, this is very thoughtful of you" i smile proudly. We dig in while we talk about random things like the weather and how her day has been going. "So what happened with your neck?" She chuckles while wiping her mouth, everything this woman does is just so flawless and worth admiring. She takes a sip of her juice "well i slept with Phile last night and lets just say i regret it" we laugh, i admire how her face beams whenever she speaks about her daughter.

"She's a ninja at night, we usually share a bed together over weekends but since her school holidays started she didnt even ask to sleep with me" she smiles while blabbing about her daughter. I'm curious to know where her father is, but that's not why I'm here.

"Can i take you out?" I blurt out, i mean its now or never "like on a date?" She asks, i chuckle "yes, like on a date" her smiles fades, did i say something wrong? "I'd loved to but i have a lot of work to do" she says, "but we can go whenever you are free" i say trying to read her face. "Look i should get back to work, thank you for lunch, Linda will see you out" she stands and leaves the office just like that, What have I done?!