chapter 10

Its been a month since Zweli came to my house. We still talk and i finally agreed to going out on a date with him. The first date was okay, a bit awkward because i honestly do not know what to do on dates. Today we are going on our second date. He told me to dress casual, it's 5pm and we are meeting up at 7, Phile is with my parents for the weekend. My daughter is basically best friends with uncle Zweli now, he is practically all she ever talks about.

Its May and its almost the peak of cold season. I'm dressed in black skinny jeans, a black turtle neck and a purple sleeveless,knee length trench coat, i wear my 8 inch bob fringe wing, a pair of loopy earings. I wear black ankle block heel boots. I apply purple lipstick then top the look off with a purple clutch bag. Well i did say that i always put effort to looking good. I take a look at myself on the mirror and I'm quite impressed. Well Zweli sent me an address to which we are meeting up at, I declined his offer to fetch me, as far as things are, him and i are only friends he doesnt need to do all that.

I drive out to the location while listen to Jill Scott, she's my spirit animal!. I'm now driving into a very porsh estate, i thought this was a date but now I'm driving towards a house packed with cars outside, i find parking space then grab my phone to call Zweli, just as i am about to, there's a knock on my window, its Zweli. I let out a sigh of relief. I roll down my window, "and then?" I ask, he chuckles, "hello to you too Ms A" i dont know why but i chuckle as well. "A friend of mine is hosting a housewarming,i didnt have a plus one but i knew if i had invited you,you would've bluntly declined so this was the only way i could get you here"

I chuckle,"you're unbelievable", he smiles then opens my door for me, i grab my handbag then we walk in, the music is not too loud, i guess i can survive this. We walk in and he leads the way to what looks like a living room. Theres about 8 people sitting on the couches and others occupying chairs while theres a few cooler boxes in the middle of the circle everyone is facing the fire place. When we walk in almost everyone looks up at us.

"Guys meet Amanda, Amanda these are my friends, the one hosting us today is Tebogo and his Wife Ntombi" i flash everyone a shy smile, "i never thought I'd live to see the day Zweja finally gets a girlfriend, a beautiful one at that" everyone laughs and some are in agreement of this i look at Zwe and he gives me a pleading look which i assume is his way of begging me to play along.

He takes my hand and we sit on two vacant chairs. "What would you like to drink" he asks. "Juice" the other ladies look at me as if I'm crazy. Ntombi hands me a glass of what looks like grape juice. While sittting and chatting,the host lets us know that pizza is here. Ntombi asks all the ladies to follow her to the kicthen to distribute the food. When we got there the other ladies introduced themselves. There's Palesa(here with Ayanda), Amogelang(here with Thabang, the chatty guy) and Sivi who is here alon, she is Ntombi's friend.

"So why are you drinking juice?" Palesa asks while she mixes greek salad with salad dressing, I'm cutting the 3 full chickens that they bought. I smile "i dont drink", i lied, i only drink around my girls. there's gasps in the kitchen "then where did you meet Zwe? Also how are you even with a guy like Zwe?" I honestly want to set the record straight but i kind of promised to play along. I just smile.

"Babe if i had a man as loaded as yours, I'd be drinking expensive alcohol like ice tropez" Amogelang says, not to offend anyone but Amogelang has a sense of ratchetness, she's definitely from the ghetto. We share the pizza,greek salad and grilled chicken evenly then serve the guys. We eat after that i offer to assist the host with dishes. We sit and its actually a nice vibe, who knew that spending time with a different crowd would be so nice. Now almost everyone is up and dancing,their even smoking hubbly, I'm just sitting there like the lady that i am. I need the bathroom so i ask Ntombi and she directs me, I get to the bathroom and do my business as soon as i walk out I'm stuttled i find Zweli standing outside the door waiting for me. "I was wondering where you disappeared to" i smile. He also smiles flashing his beautiful smile. We stand there in silence, he brings his face closer to mine, my eyes involuntarily close, "huuh ha.a guys get a room" Amogelang says as she pushes between us to make her way into the bathroom.

I just walk off leaving Zweli standing there. I get downstairs and everyone is still having the time of their lives. Zweli comes down after a few minutes. He sits next to me. "I hate driving late, i think i should get going" he briefly looks at me "okay, let me walk you out" i bid farewell to everyone else before jumping into my car and driving off.

I'm feeling uneasy, there's a white BMW x4 that has been driving behind me since just outside the estate. I'm panicking now. I pick up my phone and dial Zweli's number. "Ms A" he answers sounding calm "Zweli there's a car that has been following after me since i left the estate" I'm at the verge of tears right now.

"Okay okay Calm down Amanda, park at your nearest petrol station, dont leave your car, I'm on my way. He hang up,and as instructed i stop at a petrol station.

*Zweli's POV*
Damnit! I told Shakes to make sure he isnt driving too close to her. Well shakes is a guy that i hired to protect Amanda, i know its crazy but i just want to always make sure that she is okay.

I drive our to where she is, while driving i call shakes "Ndlovu" he answers, "just get someone to fetch my car from the petrol station,I'll deal with you tomorrow". I get there and i spot her car. She opens as soon as she sees me, she gets out of the car and crashes into my arms before crying her eyeballs out. I feel a sting of pain in my heart, something I barely ever feel. "Phephisa maMthethwa(calm down)" i try to calm her down but this doesnt seem to be working, I'm a very impatient man but with Amanda, my patience has no bounds.

I help her into the passangers seat before walking to the drivers seat the driving off "what about your car?" She finally asks, "domt worry about it" we drive all the way to her house. When we get there i promise her to sleep on the couch just to make sure she's okay on her own I'll leave the next morning