31

January 24, 2021

Wings

Little Alliyah is busy playing with her new toy when she heard a knock, when she opened the door, she was surprise when she saw her daddy, still wearing his usual dark brown pants, and light brown shirt.

"Daddy!" little Alliyah raise her both hands, wanting her to be carried by her dad, Aldrin, her dad immediately got what her baby girl wants and, carry her. Piggy back ride.

"Where do my baby wants to go?" he tried making his voice sounds like a horse that make little Alliyah giggle.

"To the kitchen!" she's like a queen ordering her servants where she wanna go, Aldrin first raise his right foot 5 times as if his exercising, and run from the living room to kitchen.

"Mommy! Mommy! Out of the way! My horse might get you!" she shouted, but It's too late, the horse, I mean Aldrin, locked her wife from his arms and hug her from behind, little Alliyah did the same while still on his father's back.

Weekends about to end, and weekdays will come, weekdays, little Alliyah's hate week, because It's her fathers duty from work, she's also excited for weekdays ro end because that means, It's her fathers birthday.

She woke up early when monday came, she was hoping to see her dad, still there but disappointingly he already got to work.

"Goodmorning baby, why did you woke up this early?" her mom ask while preparing her milk.

"I was hoping to see daddy, I really wanna say goodbye before he go to work." she pouted, Sandra smiled, her mom.

"Baby don't worry, daddy's gonna go back later on." she tried cheering her up but still didn't work.

"But he'll be home late, and go to work early, I won't be able to see him." she said, sad.

"Mommy?" she ask again after finishing her breakfast.

"Yes baby?"
"I wonder what's daddy's work, Is it hard?" she asked, from washing the dishes Sandra look at her innocent daughter.

"Ofcourse baby, daddy's work is hard, he fix electricity, he needs to climb in a tall, electric post and fix or put some wirings on it, his work is not only hard baby, but also dangerous, he might fall or he might have electric shock." Sandra explained to little Alliyah.

"Oh no, so that needs a wings, so that If ever he falls, he can fly! Thank you mommy! You gave me a good idea what will I give daddy on his 36th birthday hihi!" she smiled and immediately finish her milk and go to her play room.

It took 3 days for her to make a little wings, she wanted to give to her daddy, she still have to ask for her mommy's help.

"Mommy, you think daddy will like this?" 1 day left before weekends, she's already wrapping her gift to her daddy.

"I'm sure he'll be happy baby, as long as It's from her baby, I know he'll be happy."

And the day little Alliyah was waiting for came, It's Saturday, her fathers birthday.

"Happy birthday daddy! Here's my gift for you!" little Alliyah was the first one to wake up early. And gave her present to her dad.

Aldrin excitedly opened the gift, to his surprise he saw a baby pink, wings, It's small yet cute. He look at it, confuse but still smiling.

"Why did you give me this baby?" he look at little Alliyah.

"Momm told me your work daddy, and I'm also aware that's It's hard and dangerous, mommy said you might fall so I made you a wings, so that if ever you fall from the grouns, you can fly, fly, fly because you have wings already."

Her daddy look at her gift while smiling and teary eyed, he appreciated it more because of her reason.

His birthday ended up so good, they eat outside, play at the mall, they had a good quality time.

"Are you sure you'll wear this? Your friends might tease you, aren't you worried?" Sandra ask her husband when she saw him, wearing his wings, little Alliyah's birthday presant for him.

"Why would I be worry if they tease me? I don't care, I would love to wear my daughter's gift for me." Sandra just smiled.

While doing his work, everybody who see Aldrin laugh at him, without knowing why is he wearing a wings, everything went smooth, not until he got hit by a lightning while at the top of the electric post, he may not died because of falling from the top of the electric post to the ground. But little Alliyah forgot how dangerous electricity is.

When the little girl found out how did her father died, she started hating lightnings, electricity, and all realated to her father's death, like she've said.

"I don't need those things, I don't need something that cause someone's death."

/////WORK OF FICTION/////
/////PHOTO NOT MINE/////