37

FEBRUARY 07, 2021

Temporary

"Lolo, I heard from mommy that she's just your adopted child, so we don't have the same blood?"
"Yes, but always remember that we may not have the same blood, lolo still loves you."

What a very cute kid she just smiled and nooded, a few seconds later she opened her mouth again, this kid really don't know how to shut her mouth, HAHA, but It kinda cute and funny.

"Lolo did you ever had a girlfriend or wife? Or did you ever had a real daughter or son?" I smiled remembering what happened in 1980's.

-----41 years ago-----

"Eh kasi, bigla na lang siyang na kipag hiwalay sakin, e-eh wala naman kaming problema." hagulgol ng bestfriend kong si Gia.

"Hayaan mo na yun, he's not deserving." habang hinahagod yung likod niya, umalis siya mula sa pag kakayakap sakin at tinitigan ako.

"Thank you, Nel."
"You know what, I have an idea, for you to get over your ex."

Kumunot yung noo niya.
"Use me."

"What?! What do you mean use you?" takang tanong niya.

"Use me, be my girlfriend, you can do whatever you want to me, use me, and you can easily put me in trash if you don't need me anymore, I can make you happy, I can be your temporarily happiness until your permanent comes."

"You know I can't do that."
"I don't wanna hurt you Nel. I'm aware of your feelings for me, and I can't abuse that."

I held her hand and put it in my chest so that she can feel my heartbeat racing.

"What can you feel?"
"Your heartbeat's fast."

I smiled.

"Wrong."
"It says GIA, GIA, GIA."

She smiled and laugh so hard.

"Corny ng banat mo." she smiled.
"But still won't let you." she pouted.

"Yah, I'm doing you a favor na nga eh." she rolled her eyes and shyly nooded.

"Good."

Starting that day we became really close, I always accompany her, even though we don't say we have relationship I can feel her love, or so I thought.

"Nel! I have a gift!" she then handed me my favorite robot, I smiled, pretended to be shock even though this is what I really expect to give me.

"Thank you so much Gia, you made me happy, I will hand your gift later on." I kiss her forehead.

"I'll just go to the rest room." she excused herself, I stand and get my gift for her from my car, I smiled, this is the teady bear she always wanted to have, kaso It's really expensive, I don't know why, I had to work for me to get it, but
all of my tiredness go away after seeing her smile.

But, I almost pass out after seeing her, smilling and laughing with her ex.

I almost forgot, I'm just her temporary happiness.

-----End-----

"So you let her go lolo?" I smiled a bit, and nooded, everything seems like happened yesterday even though It's been decades. Until now I'm still wondering, how is she? Is she ok now? Is she happy? Did they end up together?

"I'm just her temporary happiness, and that time her permanent comes, I know I've lost."

/////WORK OF FICTION/////
/////PHOTO NOT MINE/////