Diagon Alley

Narcissa apparated herself and I to the leaky cauldron and she sent me on my own into Diagon alley to get all my school supplies. I was okay with going on my own, I'd rather not have her rushing me. I want to enjoy today. Plus, I had been to Diagon alley many times with the Malfoy's in the past as they always had a lot of errands to do, especially in Knockturn alley, so I knew my way around.

I started by going to get my robes at Madam Manikin's. I got into the Que behind a tall boy who had bright fiery red hair. I was reading the list of things I had to get to decide where I was going to go next when the tall red head fell into me pushing me over.

"I'm so sorry, that was my little brother being an idiot." He said as he helped me back up off the ground.

"That's okay, I'm not hurt"

"Thank Merlin. I'm Fred."

"And I'm Ron" interrupted a shorter boy with the same fiery hair as Fred. He must be the reason for me ending up on the floor.

"Hi, I'm Melissa, it's nice to meet you"

"Are you going to Hogwarts too?" Ron asked

"Yea, it's my first year, I'm so excited! Do you guys go there?"

"It's Fred's second year and I'll be going next year."

"Oh really?! What house are you in?" I asked a little to excitedly.

"Gryffindor. My whole family has been so far, but I bet this one will be a Hufflepuff" Fred replied giving Ron a little nudge.

I giggled and replied "My parents were both in Gryffindor, I really hope I follow in their footsteps. The last place I want to end up is Slytherin".

"I bet you will be in Gryffindor, and I'll show you around the castle if you want?" said Fred raising an eyebrow.

"I hope so and yea I'd like that, thank you" I smiled back at him.

"C'mon Fred it's your turn, nice meeting you Melissa, see you on platform 9 3/4" shouted Ron as he ran into the men's dressing rooms.

"See you there Melissa" said Fred as he slowly walked away looking over his shoulder at me.

I smiled back at him as I was called over to the girls dressing rooms.

By the time I was getting out of the dressing room and paying for my robes Fred and Ron seemed to have left, so I went on over to Flourish and Blotts to get all the books I needed and as I was reaching for A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch, I caught a glimpse of fiery red hair out of the corner of my eye and I turned around and said "hey" but Fred ignored me and kept walking. I hope he didn't hear me and that's why he kept walking.

I paid for my books and left the book shop to go and get the rest of the items on the list. During my day around Diagon alley I spotted Fred a few times, but I didn't try to say hey again, I didn't want to go embarrassing myself before school even started.

It was 3pm and I only had one more thing to get, plus Narcissa wasn't coming back to get me until 5pm, so I decided I would treat myself to an ice cream from Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour before going to get my wand.

I walked into the Ice Cream Parlour and went to get in the Que when I realized who was in front of me, Fred. I went to walk out and turned around to see "Fred? Then who is that?"

"Oh, yea him. That's my twin George" He replied

"So that's why you ignored me earlier, it wasn't you"

We both laughed and he introduced me to his twin and invited me to sit with them and their family. It hadn't clicked with me that Fred was a Weasley. Not that it bothered me, but I had better not tell the Malfoy's that my first friends at Hogwarts were the Weasley twins and their younger brother. Lucius hated the Weasley's as much as he hated my father, he also called them "blood traitors".

We sat and chatted about Fred and George's first year at Hogwarts and all of the pranks they had played on the caretaker, Mr Filch. "Melissa, you should help us with pulling pranks this year" said George.

"NO, SHE SHOULD NOT. Don't you boy's dare be a bad influence on this lovely young lady." Said Mrs Weasley "Don't let them drag you into their idiocy dear. What did you say your full name was?"

"Oh um, I didn't actually but it's Melissa Black" as I said it, I put my head down. I was enjoying they're company and how nice they were being towards me and now I was afraid they wouldn't want me sitting with them anymore.

Just then I felt a sharp pain on my right shoulder, and I looked up to see Lucius staring down at me with disgust, the snake teeth on the end of his wand stabbing me in the shoulder. "Arthur" He said "I see you've met Narcissa's cousin Melissa"

"Indeed, we have Lucius. She is a lovely young lady, her and the twins seem to have become friends" Said Arthur "I believe Fred here is going to be showing her around the castle"

"Is that so?" said Lucius looking at me again with disgust slapped across his face like it would stay that way forever "Come on Melissa it's time go home. NOW!"

I said a quick goodbye and a thank you to the Weasley's and ran after Lucius. He stopped in his tracks and whipped round to face me, as he did, he sunk the snake teeth into my shoulder again nearly making fall to the ground in pain.

He bent down to my height. "What on earth were you doing involving yourself with blood traitors?" He spat at me.

I replied with "They were nice to me"

"You're just like your father." He said as he straightened himself back up. I have some quick business in Borgin and Burkes I have to deal with before we leave. " He quickly turned on his heel and walked off towards Knockturn alley.

"I still need to get my wand." I called after him.

"Well hurry up." He shouted back at me.

As I went to head off to Olivander's I paused seeing Fred and George standing watching me in the window of Florean's and I quickly looked down away from them and ran off.

I got to Olivanders and for the first time today I didn't have to wait in a Que of people. "Ahh Miss Black how are we this fine day?" Mr Olivander asked.

"You know who I am?" I asked confused.

"I remember the day your mother and father came in to get their first wands, you look just like her." He claimed as he went up a ladder and slid over a few shelves to grab out a wand. "Let's try this one Aspen 9 inches dragon heart string." He handed me the wand and told me to point it at something. I blew up the register and he quickly took it from me without hesitation.

It took a few tries and a few more damages to his shop, but I can assume he is used to that by now, until we finally found the right wand, Ebony 14-inch phoenix feather. It was easy to hold and was quite pretty. There were stars engraved on to it, loads in a cluster at the base then getting less as it got to the end.

Suddenly there was loud bang on the window and Lucius was standing there giving me a look to get out quickly. I paid for my wand and then left the store to go home. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa. The rest belong to J.K Rowling.