The Happy Normal Family

I barley slept that night thinking about Draco. I was up and out of the dorm first thing to go down to the dungeons to wait for him coming up to breakfast.

When he did finally emerge from his pit, he ran straight over to me. "Melissa, why are you down here?"

"To make sure you're okay after last night, I can't believe Dumbledore thought sending you all back to Slytherin house was okay. I couldn't sleep all night worrying and my friends basically had to force me to eat."

"You think you're angry, the entire Slytherin house was shouting at Snape telling him how unsafe they felt and how Dumbledore should be fired. I told him father will be hearing about this."

"Of course you did."

"Wrote him an owl this morning."

"Great, now I'm going to get a howler from him for not protecting you. I'll write Narcissa during breakfast."

"Good idea."

"But you're okay yea? You didn't even see the troll?"

"No, but it left its stench behind."

"Did you hear about Harry, Ron and Hermione taking down the troll?"

"Saint Potter and his weasel?"

"Don't be so rude, but yes Harry Potter and Ron Weasley." As we walked up to the great hall, I filled Draco and his friends in on what the trio had done to the troll in the girls bathrooms.

"And they got house points for this?"

"Well Hermione lost us five points for going after it in the first place." I couldn't tell him what Ron had said about her, so I lied and told him what the trio told the professor's. "But Harry and Ron got five each 'for sheer dumb luck' as McGonagall put it."

He rolled his eyes and went off to the Slytherin table and I went and sat down with my friends and started to write my letter to Narcissa.

*

That night Dumbledore let us do the scavenger hunt seeing as it was still set up from the night before. Beatrice Haywood, a fourth year Hufflepuff, won the ten galleons, Angelina won the Blemish potion, although I don't think she was really looking for it more than she was George and the sweets were won by Eddie Carmichael, a Ravenclaw in my year. I've never really spoken to him, he's quite a quiet person.

It's always the quiet ones.

*

A week later it was time for the first quidditch match of the year. Slytherin vs Gryffindor. It was also Harry's first match and somehow the entire school had found out he was seeker and were staring at him during breakfast. For Godric's sake it's seven o'clock, leave him alone. The poor kid was already nervous enough because of Fred and George who in their words were 'only trying to hype him up' all week before Oliver snapped and yelled at them to stop. They had been telling Harry things like how often people go missing or end up in the hospital wing. It was when they started telling him about how many people die a year from playing quidditch was when I stepped in and told him how last year Fred swung himself off his own broom. Thankfully, that gave him a laugh.

"I hate that everyone is staring at him." Said Holly.

"I know. It's putting me off my breakfast, Godric knows what it's doing to him." I said as I played with my food.

Maddi stood up and shouted, "Oi, you can all stare at him later on the pitch. Mind your own for now." Everyone turned their heads away at the same time that you could actually hear it.