Lissa's First Prank

It was half ten and Melissa, Fred, George, Lee, Holly and Maddi were the only ones left in the common room as everyone else had headed up to their dorms after an exciting first evening in the castle. Lissa was sitting on the large comfy sunken in sofa in between Fred and George while Maddi and Holly were sat facing them on the floor with their back facing the dwindling fire and Lee was sprawled across one of the oversized armchairs, which was more the size of a love seat.

"It's nearly eleven Lissa are you ready for you first prank?" Asked Fred. I didn't realise he had his arm up over the top of the sofa behind me until I turned around to reply to him, I could feel my face going slightly red at the memory of waking up with my head on his lap.

"Yea I can't wait."

"Are you guys really going through with this?" Asked a worried Holly.

"Of course we are, this is my big debut." I said with a smirk making the boys laugh.

"So, none of you are joining us then?" Asked George.

"I can't get into any trouble this year guys my mum threatened to pull me out if I 'let you two coerce me into pranking again' her words." Lee explained.

"We already know Holly isn't up for it, what about you Maddi?" I asked.

"Not really my thing." She replied with an uninterested look.

"BORING!" The twins and I shouted in unison making all of us irrupt in laughter.

Eleven comes around and Lee and the girls head up to the dorms and go to bed. Fred George and I however leave the common room and head towards Filch's office. I didn't realise how many teachers roamed the corridors after hours trying to catch students out of bed. After dodging Quirrel, Sprout, Trelawney and Binns, who is actually a ghost who teaches History of Magic, we made it to Filch's office.

"We need to find out if he's in there." Fred pointed out.

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"Well, we were thinking if you knock on his door and act scared and say you're lost he will take you back to Gryffindor tower." Explains George

"Yea if you put on the water works, he'll be nice to you, where as if one of us were to do it he'd see straight through it." Said Fred

"Once he's out we'll follow close behind and get him with the spell." Said George.

"Okay let's do this." I said excitedly. I go up to Filch's door and just before I knock, I start to think about my dad and how he is all alone in Azkaban and the tears start to roll down my face. Perfect. I knock on the door and almost automatically he flings it open.

"What are you doing out o...." He stops as he realises, I'm crying.

"I...I...I'm lost...I...I can't fi...find my way...b...back to...Gryffindor t...tower." I sob.

"Ohhh...uggh...umm I'll take you back now, come on Mrs Norris."

"Th...thank you sir." As we turn to head back towards to the common room I look over at the boys who are hiding behind a suit of armour and I give them a thumbs up and cheeky wink letting them know it worked. I can just make out through my tears them mouthing 'wicked' simultaneously.

As we walked through the silent castle, I pretend to calm down giving a little sniffle here and there just to keep up the act and make it all seem real. Every so often we would pass a ghost or two but just as we get a few corridors away from the common room the poltergeist appeared. Fred and George had told me and Holly about him on the train. Peeves they called him, and he was always willing to help the boys with their pranks especially if it was a prank on Filch. Apparently, the only person Peeves listened to properly was the Bloody Baron who is the Slytherin Ghost, he is absolutely terrified of him.