The Potions Partner

A/N The photo above is what Eddie looks like. Ross Lynch as Eddie Carmichael. 

P.S please don't forget to vote <3

It was late November, about a week before my birthday and professor Snape had split everyone up into pairs for a project on swelling solution, although no one was able to pick who their partner was.

Maddi was paired with Petra De Luca and to say she wasn't happy about it was an understatement. Petra is the 'popular' girl in our year and is always boasting about something her father has bought her or where he's taking them on holiday. Basically, she thinks she's better than everyone else, including her little Slytherin lap dogs. Maddi had hated her from day one.

Holly was paired with Ashe Calvert, and I can't lie even though she might be mad about it, I'm not. He's a nice guy and she should get to know him. I was paired with Eddie, the Ravenclaw boy who won the sweets.

"Melissa?"

"Hmm? Ohh Eddie I'm sorry." I had drifted off into another daydream. I had been going in and out of daydreaming and not being able to pay attention ever since Maddi and I had found that mirror. The ticking had also not stopped since Katie made the comment about how I should be in Slytherin. Does she really think that about me? I thought we had started to get along and become better friends. There were so many things swirling around in my head. I need to talk to Freddie.

"That's the third time you've drifted off in the last fourty minutes. You okay?"

I don't know this guy I can't just go spilling my guts to him about everything going on, he'll think I'm mad. "Yea I'm good." I said with a smile and tried to figure out where exactly we were on this assignment.

"That is the most pathetic fake smile I have ever seen." He said leaning back in his chair and examining me.

"I'm just a little distracted that's all." I replied keeping my head down.

"Tell me what's bothering you." He said as he crossed his arms and leant on his elbows.

"I don't know you well enough to start telling you all my problems."

"Then get to know me."

Well that left me speechless. "Uhhhh." Who does he think he is being so bold?

It's kind of cute.

"Okay I'll start."

We talked for the rest of class getting to know each other. Snape didn't even notice we hadn't done any work for over an hour and twenty minutes although it did mean we had to meet up outside of class to catch up.

As we packed up we planned to meet up on Sunday evening just after dinner to work on our project. "You and Carmichael look like you were getting on." Maddi said hip bumping into me as we headed towards lunch in the great hall.

"Wait what did I miss?" Asked Holly.

"Did you not see the way little miss we're too young to date and the little mouse boy were all up close and personal during that entire class?"

"Oii it wasn't like that. We were just chatting."

"And what exactly was the conversation about?" Maddi asked with a grin.

"Well...he...we...we were just getting to know each other. I mean how can we do a good job on our project if we don't know each other?" Nice save Lissa.

"Yea I'm sure that's the ONLLLY reason you were getting to know each other." She said sarcastically.

"Well, what about Holly and Ashe?" I said trying to move off of the subject of me and Eddie.