Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor

Shockingly, the teachers didn't do anything but watch the chaos unfold in the great hall on Halloween night. They didn't stop it they didn't even look angry, in fact they looked like they were enjoying it too. Filch on the other hand was going crazy because of the glitter bombs going off every time someone popped a balloon.

"Right, we need to go now, quickly and stand with the prizes." I said jumping down off the bench.

"We're coming with you Melissa." said Holly making Maddi and herself get up from the now glittery Gryffindor table.

"Who am I going with then." Asked Lee looking between the twins.

"No fair one of us is going to end up being alone for hours until someone figures out these clues." Said George.

"Right then I say we split into twos. One boy and One girl at each prize." Decided Fred. "I'll go to the fireworks with Lissa."

George and Lee whispered something to each other and laughed. "I'll go to the five Galleons with Holly then." Said George.

"And that leaves you and me Maddi, to go to the bucket of sweets." Said Lee holding out his arm. Maddi rolled her eyes but still took his arm and walked off with him.

"You know secretly, I think she likes us and the way we all get on." I said watching her and Lee leave.

"Yea she just can't ruin her bad girl reputation." Said Holly which got a laugh out of the boys.

"Come on Lissa, let's go before someone starts to follow us to the prizes." Said Fred.

We knew this scavenger hunt was going to take a few hours until someone finally found the prizes. This was because we made the clues into riddles and each riddle led to another riddle to make the next riddle easier to figure out. So, I had filled my robe pockets with sweets that Fred and I had got from Honeydukes cellar a few days ago and a deck of exploding snap cards. I emptied my pockets onto the floor in between us.

"Yes, Liss great thinking, I definitely picked right the right person to be bored with"

"Well, we won't be that bored I also brought exploding snap." I said whipping out the deck of cards. We sat eating sweets and playing snap for at least two hours before we started to hear people down below where we were hiding.

Fred and I were in the astronomy tower, Holly and George were in the boat house at the black lake and Maddi and Lee were in the dungeons in the death day party hall. "We're going to have to be quiet now, so people don't find us without the clues." I said. We started to clean up the sweetie wrappers and put away the snap cards. We stood up facing the door in silence just waiting for someone to burst through the door. Fred started to laugh a little which then made me laugh and all of a sudden, we were in fits of hysterical laughter because of how awkward our silence was.

The door then flew open making us jump out of skin.

"No way I found it." Said the Hufflepuff boy.

"Congratulations Cedric you've won the fireworks." said Fred

So, I was right the cute boys name is Cedric.

Cedric walked towards the bundle we had put together and picked it up. "Well done on making seeker by the way mate." Said Fred.

"Well done to you and George on making beaters too." Replied Cedric "Who's this then Freddie, your girlfriend?"

"This is Melissa and no she's just a really good friend." Fred introduced us but looked down at his feet when he said I was just his friend. Weird.

"Maybe we could go set these off some night Melissa just you and me." Said Cedric giving me a wink and walking out. Instantly I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

Fred was looking at me with his eyebrows raised. "Surely you wouldn't go for Diggory like every other girl in this school. I thought better of you Melissa"

"Who says I like him? Plus, I'm only in first year I'm not 'going for anyone.' Come on let's get back to the common room see if anyone has found the others"

A Ravenclaw girl Teri Daly who is in my year won the bucket of sweets, and it turns out it was actually Charlie who won the five Galleons.

*

It was Saturday 24th November and today was the first quidditch match of the season. Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor. The whole of Gryffindor house is dressed in our house colours. Loads of people have their faces painted and some people have made signs. I have a lion painted on one cheek and Fred and George's names painted on the other. Holly and I made a sign for the team saying GO GO GRYFFINDOR with the Gryffindor lion in the middle and everyone's names in smaller writing all over the board.

The match didn't last very long with Charlie catching the snitch twenty minutes in. Unfortunately, there were a few casualties including Fred who had swung so hard at bludger and missed that he swung himself off his broom and fell thirty feet to the ground. Thankfully, Dumbledore had used a spell to slow him down, so he only had a broken wrist.

George and I were sitting with him in the hospital wing waiting for Madam Pomfrey to fix his wrist.

"I've never seen something so idiotic in all my life. Draco can ride a broom better than you." I lied, but at least it made George laugh

"Now that's just mean." Said Fred going into a huff.

"How are you doing Fred, that was a nasty fall mate." Said someone from behind me. Fred didn't look to happy to see whoever it was.

"Nasty? It was bloody hilarious Cedric, he swung himself off his own broom!" exclaimed George.

"Hey Melissa, how are you?" Asked Cedric completely ignoring George and placing a hand on my shoulder while turning slightly to face me more. Fred was now glaring at him.

"I'm fine, more worried about Freddie here." I said pointing at my injured friend. Fred's face softened slightly, and he was looking at me now.

"I'm glad you're okay Fred, Melissa are you free anytime this week?" Asked Cedric

"Umm I have a lot of homework to catch up on, so I'll be in the library all week."

"Not on Wednesday you won't!" said Fred.

"Yea we have big plans for your birthday." said George

"Ohh guys, I don't want you to make a big fuss over me."

"It's your birthday this week?" Asked Cedric.

"Yea on Wednesday." Fred replied for me.

"Well maybe we could do homework together in the library on Tuesday?"

"Yea sure that would be okay, I'll see you then Cedric?"

"Yea see you then Mel." He said. I didn't really like the nickname Mel, but I'll let it slide. He left the hospital wing with another Hufflepuff player. I turned back around to chat with the boys, and they were both glaring at me with their arms crossed.

"What?"

"Looks like little miss first year has a date." Spat Fred.

"No I don't, we're going to be doing homework in the library, that's hardly a date. Plus, I meant it when I said I'm not looking for something like that."

"Really Melissa, Cedric? Everyone drools over him, I thought more of you." Said George.

"That's what I said." Said Fred.

"Uggh, where is Madam Pomfrey so I don't have to listen to this nonsense?" It took a few more minutes of the twins telling me to be careful around Cedric and me trying to tell them it won't be like that it's just homework before Madam Pomfrey came to my rescue. She fixed Fred's Wrist and sent us on our way. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa, Holly, Madison and Teri. The rest belong to J.K. Rowling.