Don't Lie To Eddie

Lissa's POV

It was the first Tuesday after being back from Christmas break and I was on my way to the library to meet Cedric. To say I was nervous was an understatement. My hands were shaking and sweating. I don't want to answer any of his questions about Eddie. It also didn't help that this morning Narcissa replied to my letter about Draco by telling me off for touting on my little cousin.

I walked into the library and straight to our usual table, where Ced was already sitting. As I got closer, I noticed he hadn't got any homework out on the table yet. I went to sit down and started to get my books out.

"Have you got loads of homework to catch up on Mel?" He asked leaning forward, his elbows on the table.

"Just one essay for Potions, but it's not due until Friday. Why?" I questioned him.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere else and practise some spells."

"I would love that. Where were you thinking?"

"There's an empty classroom on the fourth floor."

"Let's go." I said getting back up and grabbing my things and pushing my nerves to the back of my mind.

We walked to the empty classroom one floor up from the library.

"So what spells are you currently learning?

"The engorgement charm in charms class, the softening charm in transfiguration and the disarming charm in defence against the dark arts."

"Okay, lets practise the disarming charm, do you remember the incantation?"

"Expelliarmus."

"Go on then." He said holding his wand out in front of him.

"You want me to disarm you? But you're not attacking me."

"And what if someone were attacking you and you had never practised the spell before?"

"Okay, fair. This still feels wrong though."

"Just do it Mel."

I raised my wand, focused on Cedric's hand and repeated the incantation. "Expelliarmus" His wand went flying into the air and he even stumbled back slightly.

"Wow, that was pretty powerful Mel. Well done."

I felt really proud of myself. I'm sure the smile on my face said it all.

"Right, do it again, but this time I'm going to try and disarm you too."

"Okay."

"Three...two...one."

"Expelliarmus." We both cast the spell at the exact same time but it was mine that worked.

Cedric stood there in there in shock for a moment before he picked up his wand.

"Expelliarmus." He cast the spell again but I was too quick for him and was able to disarm again. "I'm impressed, you're an amazing witch." He said with a smile.

We carried on practising the disarming charm and I even had a go at using the engorgement charm on an old ink pot we found, while Cedric practised the shrinking spell to reverse it.

"Engorgio" I cast the spell.

"Mel?" Cedric sounded nervous.

"Yea?" I replied as I watched the ink pot grow over ten times its size.

"Reducio. Is Eddie okay?"

"What do you mean?" I knew exactly what he meant.

"That day in the library before Christmas, he seemed a bit...off."