Summer Part 2

The next morning, I was woken up by Dobby slipping my letters under my pillow. "Thank you, Dobby." I mumbled to him.

"Ohh Dobby is sorry Miss Melissa, Dobby tried not to wake you."

"It's okay Dobby I don't mind." I said to him as I sat up and stretched. "What time is it?"

"Seven o'clock Miss."

"Who is sending me letters this early?"

"Looks to be Miss Holly's handwriting on this one." He handed me the first letter and he was right this is defiantly Holly's handwriting. "And the owl who delivered this one flew into the window."

"Must be Freddie's, says his family's owl is a bloody menace." I said with a giggle. "What are we making for breakfast today, Dobby?"

"Pancakes Miss."

"Chocolate?"

"Blueberry."

"Okay I'll meet you in the kitchen in half an hour." And with that he apparated out of my room.

I opened Holly's letter first, it was mainly her telling me about her week and what she had been up to, but I wasn't expecting this.

.....It was my sisters birthday this week and she got her letter for Hogwarts so my parents thought it was the perfect time to tell us both we're adopted. They said they found us in an orphanage in London. Heather was only three months old, and I was sixteen months. They said the staff at the orphanage were giving them strange looks and that everyone was dressed 'different.' Well, that's how my father put it. So basically, Heather and I aren't blood related at all and my parents adopted two witches and had no idea.

I can't lie though it makes so much sense as to why Heather and I don't look anything alike. She has this wild black bushy hair and very pale skin, she's already taller than me, she has very dark eyes and if looks could kill when you get her angry. Whereas yes I do have dark hair but its poker straight unless I style it and my skin at least tans in the sun, I'm pretty short and I think this is the height I'm genuinely going to be forever, my eyes are brown but they are a very light brown nearly green and well I couldn't give a death stare even if I tried.

Hope your week has been less dramatic.

Love Holly x

Wow, I thought to myself. That's a lot to take in even for me. I start writing her back.

Dear Holly

Wow that's a lot of information in one letter.

First off, I'm excited to meet Heather next year at Hogwarts. Is she excited now that she knows she's going with you? I know you said last year that she was scared she wouldn't get a letter.

Secondly no, my week has not been as dramatic as yours sounds. I've teased Draco and his friends, telling them they might not get into Slytherin. Of course, Draco isn't falling for it, he knows me too well, but Crabbe and Goyle nearly have a mental breakdown every time. It's the funniest thing I think I've ever seen.

Thirdly. Wow. Are you okay? How are you both taking this? How are your parents after telling you? Do you know what orphanage? Do either of you know who your real parents are? I hope you're okay and even though I'm not very good on what to say back, I'm always here to have a rant to. Love you!

Love Liss xo

I'm not very good at the whole comforting people thing, I'm a great listener but knowing what to say back and it not make the situation worse, well it's not really my forte. I open Freddie's letter hoping he has the answers I need.