Chapter 48

Satomi leads them into the pack house, for now it's just her and her second. She told Stiles earlier that she wanted to chat with them first before allowing them around her pack. Stiles is really only there as a formality, and once they're spending time with the pack members, Stiles doesn't need to hover as much. Stiles is worried that Lucas will try to start an argument, or offend Satomi.

After Lucas showed his polite side though, Stiles isn't sure he needs to worry as much, plus his wolf tells him that Lucas is actually just as worried about making impressions as Misha is. Stiles is able to read Misha better though, and doesn't need her scent to tell him that she's nervous.

"So, what happened to your previous pack?" Satomi starts, and Lucas and Misha's scents go a bit sour, Stiles' nose wrinkles a little.

"We lived in Canada, Lucas and I were on a run through the woods, it was close to the full moon, and we were a little wound up. We got back to the house a little later than usual, but the pack was mostly filled with older members that knew how to control their shift, and didn't really need to be locked up when the full moon came. Lucas and I were still learning control, so it wasn't unheard of for us to be out late running." Misha began, and Satomi leans forward nodding at her to continue. Misha clears her throat, but Lucas picks up where she left off.

"That night on our way home we felt all the pack bonds we had shatter, almost violently. We ran home even faster, because we knew something was wrong, we could always feel the pack bonds, and suddenly they had snapped. By the time we got back home, the pack was all dead. Hunters, we think, they didn't know about us apparently, cause they took off and no one's been after us since then." Lucas looks down, and fiddles with his fingers, letting out a sigh.

"That's why we don't trust others, the only people who knew where our pack was located was the pack living in the north. We aren't sure if something happened that made them tell the hunters where we were, or if they told them and then were killed. Misha and I checked all the news feed in the north after we got out of Canada, but we couldn't find anything on our family, or the pack in the north." Lucas shrugs, face a bit pinched, Misha sniffles a little tugging her sleeves over her palms.

"I'm sorry you both had to go through that, pack bonds are very precious and to feel them snap like that, I can't even imagine how that must have felt." Satomi pauses, sending them an empathic look.

"My pack will welcome you both with open arms, if you choose to join us. The only pack who knows we're here is Stiles' and I know that even if he and his pack were in danger, he'd never give us up." Stiles dips his head in confirmation. "Plus, we have lots of allies elsewhere, most hunters wouldn't dream of attacking us without a very good reason." Satomi continues, Lucas still looks a little doubtful, but not as tense.

That makes sense, and Stiles wonders if the Hales had any allies that would become allies with Stiles' pack now. Maybe Stiles should confirm that Satomi's pack is his packs ally, or if they need to do something official to become allies. Stiles doesn't really know why this slipped his mind, they really do have a lot of work to do for their little ragtag pack.

Before they really look into other allies besides Satomi, Stiles need to make sure that everyone in the pack has each others backs. That will be a start, and Stiles knows how to go about it, he just needs to make sure everyone actually goes with it. Tonight's pack meeting should be fun, Stiles thinks sarcastically. 

____________________________

Satomi seems to actually like Lucas and Misha, while the siblings are interacting with Satomi, Stiles approaches Satomi. He really needs to make sure they're on the same page, and maybe she can help him a bit with pack business, and give him advice on how to handle it all in a rational way.

"So, what do you think of them?" Stiles starts, and Satomi smiles softly.

"I think they'd fit in here really nicely, and I think we'd love to have them in our pack. Although, my pack and I will have to talk about it more after you guys leave." Satomi states, and Stiles smiles warmly.

"You know, you're the only Alpha I know that cares what about what they're Betas think. All the Alphas I've met have been asses." Stiles laughs, and Satomi smirks.

"But you're an Alpha now aren't you? Surely, you take into account what Peter, and Derek say." Satomi tilts her head, and Stiles rubs the back of his neck.

"Actually, about that." Stiles clears his throat. "I took the Alpha spark from Scott, and his former pack has joined ours." Stiles flashes red eyes at Satomi before looking away, and baring his throat slightly. Trying to show Satomi, that it wasn't meant as a threat to her Alphahood.

Satomi is silent for a minute, and when Stiles glaces back up at her, her eyes are a little wide. She meets his eyes, and quickly clears her throat, looking away.

"That is quite a surprise, but I can't say overly so. Scott was a disgrace to Alpha, no offence to the poor boy." Satomi mutters the last part, and Stiles nods, because Scott really was pretty bad. "I can't say I'm too worried about the change in leadership, if anything it might even be a good thing." Satomi finishes with a small smile.

"Before anything, I have to get my pack together, there is a lot of mistrust between some of the members. We're meeting tonight, and I'm hoping that they can talk out their issues, I'm not sure how well it will work, and it might take time, but it's something we need in order to have trust." Stiles replies, and Satomi grins at him. 

"See, it's like you were meant to be a leader." She knocks shoulders with Stiles gently, and Stiles smiles. Stiles cheeks redden, he ducks his head. "It will probably work, but as you say it also might take time." 

"Our packs are allies right?" Stiles questions softly, and Satomi's eyes soften.

"Of course, Stiles I told you, I like you. Plus, you're a way better Alpha then Scott." Satomi responds, and Stiles laughs.

"That's good, I'm glad." Stiles' wolf rumbles pleasantly in his head. 

I like her, she's going to be a good ally. His wolf rumbles, and Stiles really couldn't agree more.