Chapter 20

Scott isn't an idiot, even if everyone thinks he is, he may not be as smart as Stiles, or Lydia, but he isn't stupid. He knows when someone is distancing them self from him, and Stiles is doing just that. Scott may not feel pack bonds as strongly as the born wolves, but the one he can feel for Stiles is very faint, barely recognisable. 

Scott has to really search for it to actually find it, and even then when he touches it, it hardly responds. He's concerned and he doesn't know how to fix the bond with Stiles, he isn't sure if he's done something to make Stiles upset with him, or not. Scott is a little afraid to find out, which is why he hasn't gone to see Stiles yet.

He knows it's a shitty move, but what if Stiles doesn't want to be in his pack anymore, or Peter manipulated Stiles into something. Scott doesn't know why Peter is even hanging around Stiles, why he seems so concerned for Stiles.

Scott won't let Stiles be used by Peter, and that's why he's currently standing outside of the hospital determined to see Stiles and figure out what's going on. He heads inside, and can scent Derek, Peter and the Sheriff.

Scott tracks the scent and finds Stiles' room, he's thrown into a wall the moment he tries to step inside, and of course it's Peter. Peter whose face is shifted and snarling at Scott. Derek is behind Peter, and the Sheriff sits off to the side, not saying anything, but staring at Scott with hard, cold eyes. 

"What took you so long?" Peter growls, chest rumbling angrily. Scott blinks, that's not what he was expecting, he wasn't even aware they had been waiting for him to come.

"What? Why are you even here?" Scott's eyes shift over to the Sheriff who stands and makes he's way over, Scott thinks that he's making his way over to remove Peter, but he stands beside Peter and directs his cold, blue eyes on him.

"Peter has been here every second that Stiles has been admitted, leaving only once to deal with the witch, him and Derek have been here every hour of every day. Peter has been here, made sure I've eaten, and slept. Watching over Stiles, so that I could go home shower, change clothes, and get some rest in my own bed. Peter's been here, and yet you Scott, Stiles' brother, haven't been." Noah's eyes are hard, and he doesn't glance at Peter even when Peter turns to stare at him with surprise, not expecting to be defended.

"What Peter was asking, in a polite manner might I add, is where the hell have you been?" Noah demands, Sheriff mode on, as Stiles would call it.

Scott blinks at him, "You're trying to tell me you trust Peter to watch over Stiles?" Scott exclaims and of course that's what Scott gets out of Noah's speech.

"Stiles trusts him, and so do I." Noah states shortly and Scott stares at him, mouth agape. Peter let's go of Scott and takes a step back.

"He must be manipulating you guys, you shouldn't trust him. He's tried to kill us all , including Stiles." Scott states, Derek stiffens behind Peter gaze turning hard.

"And we killed him in the cruellest way possible." Derek shoots back, expression grim, and apologetic. Scott winces at Derek's tone.

"How did you guys kill him?" Noah questions, furrowing his brow.

"They threw  Molotov cocktails at me, Allison lit them with her arrows." Peter informs, and Noah's eyes widen.

"Yeah, that was a bit cruel." Noah agrees, Scott stares at the Sheriff like he's crazy for what must be the tenth time.

"Cruel? What was cruel was that he killed innocent people!" Scott exclaims, Noah will never understand how Stiles puts up with Scott. 

"Innocent? You think the people I killed were innocent?" Peter demands, teeth bared. "You really never listen when Stiles is trying to tell you things, Stiles explained to you why I killed all those people, you were too busy ignoring him." Peter growls, Scott gaps again.

"I listen when Stiles tells me things, just not when it has to do with you." Scott sneers and Peter scoffs.

"Well if you listened to Stiles you would know that the people I killed were anything, but innocent." Peter rolls his eyes, and Scott narrows his brown eyes in return.

"What did they do that deserved death?" Scott demands, and Derek steps forward eyes colder than his usual warm emerald eyes.

"They killed our entire pack." Derek spits, and Scott frowns, not quite understanding.

"One of them was a video store manger, and I thought Kate Argent killed your family?" Scott informs stupidly. 

"Kate started the fire and locked us in so we weren't able to get out by lining the house with mountain ash, but those people," Peter spits the word 'people' out like it's a personal insult. "They knew that it was arson, but they said that it was faulty wiring that caused the fire. They didn't report it and allow the police to catch Kate." Peter's eyes are cold, and Derek stiffens at hearing Kate's name.

"So why didn't you bring it to the police, tell them that it was an arson case?" Scott questions with a tilt of his head.

"Because I had been in a coma for six years, and I went through something traumatic. I lost all my pack bonds, and along with them my sanity, I wasn't in the right mind to go to the police considering I was feral. Which is why I made the mistake to bite you." Peter explains, although he doesn't know why he's explaining himself to Scott.

Scott doesn't say anything, just stares at Peter. Stiles having heard the whole thing decides to announce his presence to the other three in the room. 

"I think they all deserved to die." Stiles declares, voice a bit raspy. Everyone whips their heads around to stare at him, Peter's the first one to move.

He almost jumps on Stiles, he hugs him feeling so relived and scent marks him, Derek joins in, they scent mark each other and exchange smiles and laughs. Scott stares at the scene in confusion, Stiles didn't like Peter, and was always scared of Derek. Stiles also agrees about letting those people be killed, saying they deserved to die, that wasn't Stiles.

Noah shoos the wolves and gives Stiles the famous Stilinski hug, which Stiles is very good at giving. Scott has always referred to it as the Stilinski hugs, because even when Claudia was alive she used to give them. The hug is tight and loving, which you can feel, you're close enough to the Stilinski that you can feel their hear beat, Scott loves Stiles' hugs for those reasons.

Stiles beckons Scott over as soon as he ends the hug with his Father, he gives him the famous Stilinski hug, and then smacks him upside the head. Which cause the others to snicker, while Scott gaps at Stiles, unsure about what he's done to deserve the smack.

"Quit being rude to Peter." Stiles declares firmly, eyes playful, but hard telling Scott that it's playful but what he's telling him isn't. That Scott better knock it off before Stiles starts planning his murder. Scott laughs nervously and apologies to Peter.