Chapter 25

Stiles' laughing trials off, and sends them both a curious look, Derek is shaking his head and glancing out the window, Peter's expression is almost the same as Derek's. Stiles wonders if he's missed something, they haven't really talked about the Alpha spark and who was going to take it, if it was at all possible. It hits him then, and as they pull into the lofts parking lot, he bangs his head on the steering wheel.

"I've been acting as your Alpha haven't I?" Stiles mutters, and he doesn't even know how he missed it cause seriously.

Derek and Peter exchange a glance, Stiles' sudden outburst having scared the living hell out of them.

"You know sweetheart, for being so smart, you can be really dumb at times." Peter drawls, and Stiles whirls around to smack him on the arm.

"Asshole." He laughs, and Derek smirks at his Uncle, which makes Peter slap Derek's arm and they all burst out laughing.

"You have," Derek states and then clear his throat. "Been acting as our Alpha I mean." He clarifies, and Stiles face palms and exhales on a laugh.

"I can't believe I hadn't realized it sooner." Stiles sighs, and Peter smiles.

"So, that makes it clear who's getting the spark yes?" Peter questions, and Stiles smiles and nods.

"First, we have to talk to Scott. Any idea when we should do that?" Stiles asks, and Derek dips his head and furrows his brow.

"Whenever you want to Alpha." Derek answers, and Stiles feels a shiver run through him at being called 'Alpha,' he's not sure how long it will take before he gets used to that. Stiles smiles though, because at least he can be there for both Hales.

"For now, let's go up to the loft and make something for dinner." Stiles decides, and both Derek and Peter smile at the idea.

_________

They all decide that Stiles should go and talk to Scott on his own, and Stiles is more than fine with that, if not just a little nervous.  They're meeting for lunch, in Stiles' favorite diner, which is a small comfort in itself. Stiles is actually very excited to get some curly fries, but he's nervous about talking to Scott.

Stiles gets there first, and is seated by a waiter that takes his drink order, he gets a coffee cause caffeine always helps him think easier, it probably makes him think a little too fast. Scott walks in a couple minutes later, and orders a hot chocolate. 

"What's up Stiles? Is everything okay?" Scott questions and Stiles shrugs, unsure how to start. He waits until Scott gets his hot chocolate and the waiter leaves to get his thoughts in order.

"Everything's fine, I thought we could chat about the Alpha spark." Stiles states nervously, and plays with the rim of his cup.

"Oh, what about it?" Scott frowns, and Stiles looks at him with a small smile.

"Do you still want to get rid of it? The last time we were talking about it, you told me that you wished you didn't get the spark." Stiles recalls, and Scott looks a little hopeful.

"Do you have a way to get rid of the spark?" He asks, puppy dog eyes in full effect.

Stiles takes a sip of his coffee and thinks carefully. "Well, not get rid of it, but transfer it to someone else." Stiles admits, rubbing his chin.

"Who would take the spark then?" Scott asks, looking confused and Stiles sighs.

"I would." He states, and Scott's eyes widen. 

Scott takes on a look of concern. "Stiles, you're human, you wouldn't be able to receive the spark, and anyways I'm not sure you could handle the spark. You're angered too quickly and might react, and lash out. Plus you'd have to control the wolf before getting the spark, and that could take awhile." Scott states, and Stiles' eyes narrow.

"One, humans can receive the spark without being turned." At Scott's confused look Stiles elaborates. "It means, that the human would get everything a wolf has besides the super healing. Two, I can handle the Alpha spark Scott, I am already a spark you know." Stiles takes another sip of coffee and waits for Scott to respond.

"But wouldn't it be dangerous for you?" Scott questions, with a worried furrow in his brow. Stiles raises an eyebrow, and thinks back to what Satomi said.

"As long as I have good intentions, then everything should go smoothly." Stiles answers with a frown, he was stronger than Scott thought.

"And do you," Scott raises an eyebrow. "Have good intentions?" Stiles raises an eyebrow in turn.

"You know me best Scotty, what do you think?" Stiles responds, and Scott winces. Stiles really thought they were over the whole Donovan thing, Stiles thinks of just walking out.

But Scott looks apologetic and against his better judgement, Stiles stays put. "Sorry, that was a stupid question." Scott answers immediately, and then looks thoughtful. "How do we move the spark into you?" Stiles looks at Scott in surprise.

"You're okay with giving me the spark?" Stiles inquires, squinting at Scott. Scott places his mug down after finishing taking a sip, and glances up at Stiles.

"Stiles, I trust you with my life, if I would give anyone my spark it would be you." Scott smiles, and Stiles feels like maybe they are past Donovan and smiles brightly.

"Well, we went to see Satomi and she said that it was like pulling pain, but you have to focus on the Alpha spark and kinda of push it forward." Stiles says in a rush, the caffeine is starting to kick in.

"Who's we?" Scott looks confused again, and still a bit concerned.

Stiles tenses, he shouldn't have said that, now he needs to tell Scott that he was with Derek and Peter. Which wouldn't be a problem if Scott didn't hate Peter so much.

"Oh, um Derek, Peter and I went to see Satomi, and ask her about it." Stiles says, and Scott blinks and then his face contorts in rage.

"You've been talking to Peter? Stiles you can't trust Peter, he's trying to manipulate you, you know how much he hates me, he might try to kill me once I no longer have the spark." Scott sighs, and Stiles groans runs a hand through his hair.

"Scott! Get your head out of your ass for five seconds. If you give me the spark, then Peter won't do anything to you, because I won't let him." Stiles exclaims and Scott narrows his eyes. "Plus it wasn't Peter's idea, it was mine. I know how much you didn't want to be an Alpha and I thought that if there was a way to give someone else the spark, we might as well try. Peter was helping me look." Stiles explains and Scott frowns.

________

From a table across from the two teenagers, a wolf smirks and slurps at his nursed milkshake in amusement. Now he can be an Alpha, he just has to wait for the two to begin the ritual and then kill the human, the wolf smirks, he's human it shouldn't be that hard. Scott, and Stiles remain unaware of the threat across from them, and continue to talk things through.