Chapter 34

Peter couldn't react fast enough before the person, who was wolfed out, is knocking Stiles and Scott to the ground. Peter knows that Stiles isn't hurt physically, but Peter's heart still skips a beat. He freezes for a second, and then lunges at the wolf who attacked Stiles and Scott. There is something off about this wolf though, there is no scent coming off him, and Peter can't hear his heartbeat.

Peter doesn't like this, the hairs on the back of his neck rose, and he tries not to think about how many are with this wolf. How many other wolves are with this wolf that they can't sense? How many are out there without scents, or heartbeats?

Hearing Stiles scream, it scares everyone, Stiles never screams. He screams so loudly that Peter fears for his vocal cords, but Stiles doesn't stop screaming, and Peter roars. How dare this pup hurt his Alpha, his pack. The only Alpha that accepts all of Peter, that loves Peter.

Derek is with Stiles, when Peter looks over again, and Peter feels himself relaxing at the the thought, but not enough to let his guard down around the other wolf. He somehow gets the better hand on the other wolf, on his own, and knocks him down. Peter really doesn't know how he does it, it's mostly a blur. He moves away from the wolf, and stays on the sidelines, just listening to Stiles' heart beating, it's faster than usual, but beating strongly. He should be fine Peter tries to reason with himself, but a part of him is still worried for his Alpha.

When he blinks Derek is beside him, kicking the other wolf in the ribs and snarling. The wolf on the forest floor looks up at Derek, and startles. Peter would smirk down at the wolf cruelly, if he weren't so concerned over their Alpha. Peter grabs Derek's arm before he can do anymore damage.

"How did we miss him, Peter?" Derek snarls. He's angry, Peter can smell it, but more than that, he's terrified.

"We didn't miss anything. They must be wearing scent blockers, I also can't hear a heartbeat from him." Peter explains, they had been very careful. Peter and Derek wouldn't risk Stiles' life, they had been checking the perimeter, scenting, and listening. This was the reason they had thought everything was going smoothly.

"The witch?" Derek questions, Peter nods along with the question.

"Could be the same one that we killed, or it could be a different witch all together." Peter states, Derek nods, and walks toward the other wolf.

"Why do you not have a scent, or heartbeat?" Derek questions, the other wolf begins to laugh.

"I think you know why, let's not play dumb." The wolf sneers, and Derek sighs.

"Fine, why did you attack us." Peter inputs, and the wolf's eyes trail over to him.

"Because we want the Alpha spark, you should tell that human and his pet wolf that talking about such things in public, well it just isn't a good idea." The wolf smirks, and Peter wants to punch him in the face to wipe that smug expression off his face.

"Whose we?" Derek inquires, he looks toward the treeline and scans. Even though, they all know he won't find anything.

Peter looks over to where the rest of the pack are, they're all checking over Scott and Stiles. Lydia has Stiles' head cradled in her lap, Stiles' eyes are close, and Peter listens for his heartbeat. He relaxes slightly when he hears it, but he's still tense about this whole situation. Something isn't right, they had tried to prepare for this situation, and it just happens to slip right past all of them.

The witch thing is obviously a key point in this whole thing, and it makes Peter hope that the witch they killed was the witch helping this wolf. The wolf at their feet smirks, but he's smart enough to not get up from the ground.

"Well, you'll never know how many people we have. Considering you can't use your heightened senses." The wolf smirk widens at whatever expression crosses Derek's face.

Peter guesses it's a dark one, because before Peter can react Derek is kicking the other wolf in the ribs again. Peter doesn't really care, this wolf is the reason Stiles is somehow in pain, so Peter wants him to feel pain. Although, he's right, they don't know how many people are with him. 

"Derek," Peter hisses, grabbing Derek's arm and pulls him to the side. "He's right, we need to stay on our guard. We don't know how many others there are." Peter glances at the other wolf, and watches as he scans the trees himself. Peter wonders if he even has anyone out there, maybe he's just bluffing.

"How do we prepare for them? We don't even know how many there are, we don't even know if he has anyone to begin with." Derek rambles, and Peter suddenly has an idea.

"We force them out." Peter smirks, and Derek stares at him.

"How do we do that?" Peter's already walking toward the other wolf, and doesn't answer Derek. "Peter!" Derek walks after him, with a confused frown on his face. Peter flicks his claws out and croches down to the other wolf. 

"We may not be able to use our sense, but claws are still very useable, and quite deadly at times." Peter smiles, and makes to swipe down at the other wolf. He's pale and staring at Peter like he's crazy.

"Lucas!" A voice screams, and Peter stills his hand looking up. A girl is running towards them, a panicked look on her face. 

"Misha! Get back!" The other wolf, Lucas screams at her. She doesn't turn back, or pause in her tracks.

Peter scans the trees, but can't see anyone else coming forward. So either this Lucas was bluffing, or she ran from the main group, but Peter doesn't think there's a bigger group. Peter thinks it might just be them, and upon looking closer these two look related. This Misha is beside the wolf Lucas, running her hands over his face, tears leaking from her eyes.

Black hair, and matching green eyes. Similar looking faces, siblings probably. Peter isn't sure what they want with the Alpha spark, but they probably just don't have an Alpha, and don't want to become Omegas. 

Peter isn't really sure what to do now, do they kill them, run them out of town, or wait for their Alpha to decide. Peter exchanges a glance with Derek,  they decide to leave the two and check on Stiles, because their Alpha needs them. Peter hopes he's okay.