Chapter 7

Stiles thinks he should probably call Scott back, there's been 12 missed calls and 20 text messages from him. All which have been ignored, Scott doesn't know where he is and Noah won't tell him, Stiles asked him not to. Stiles texts Scott telling him to meet him at the coffee shop they normally go to.

They meet for around noon, Scott isn't late for once. It warms Stiles' heart, but he knows it's only because he has no idea where Stiles has been for the past couple of days.

"Dude where have you been?" Scott demands, pulling him into a tight hug. If he used his nose, Scott would know that Stiles has been with Derek and Peter in the loft.

"At the loft." Stiles answers with a bright smile. Scott frowns, looking confused.

"With Derek." Scott asks, Stiles nods.

"And Peter." Stiles admits, shrugging. "You know I had a hell of a time convincing Derek to stay put." Stiles laughs at the pouty face Derek Hale made at him, after Stiles told him to stay with Peter.

"With Peter?" Scott says slowly. "What for?" He says it carefully like he knows Stiles might blow up at him.

"Cause he's pack Scott." Stiles says causally.

Scott frowns, "You can't trust him Stiles, he's manipulating you." Stiles narrows his eyes at him.

"I can trust him Scott, he's changed. Well, from his murdering self anyways, he would only to that if someone was trying to kill him or someone he loved." Stiles smiles at last nights memory.

"You know just last night, he was getting mad at me for staying up late." Stiles chuckles and Scott frowns at him.

"Stiles." He sighs and Stiles looks up at him, "you need to stay away from him." Scott flashes his red eyes at Stiles quickly. Stiles stares at him.

"I'm my own person Scott, you can't flash your eyes at me and expect me to go along with what you say. It doesn't work that way, I'm not one of your betas and if that's how you treat your betas maybe you don't deserve to be an alpha." Stiles says angrily, eyes hardening. 

Scott scoffs and stares Stiles down. "Peter is dangerous and you shouldn't be around him." Scott declares raising his chin. 

"I don't need your permission Scott, I can do what I want and if you don't like it then to bad for you." Stiles hisses and then stands abruptly. "Can't believe I actually thought you were worried about me." Stiles turns on his heel and stalks out the door to his Jeep.

"Stiles." Scott gasps offended at the comment, but Stiles ignores him.

Scott calls after him, but Stiles doesn't stop, he gets into the Jeep and heads home. When he started thinking about Derek's loft as home, he'll never know. Stiles is fuming though, and he's wondering if maybe he should pull over so he doesn't cause an accident. He's almost at the loft though, so he decides to just keep driving. 

He pulls into the lofts parking lot and punches the steering wheel, cursing loudly. Stiles gets out of his Jeep and slams the door, he pulls his phone out and texts his Dad, letting him know that he's okay and asking him how work went today. His knows how to calm him, Stiles jumps up the steps and heads to Derek's floor. Stiles is pretty sure Derek bought the whole building though. 

Stiles opens the door and finds Derek pacing in front of it, with a nervous Peter hovering behind him. Stiles goes past both of them and plops himself onto the couch. Peter eyes him and Derek just walks right up to him growling. Stiles raises an eyebrow at Derek, wondering what his problem is.

"You smell like Scott." Derek growls and Stiles nods slowly.

"Yeah, I went to go see him. He thought you ate me or something." Stiles laughs, Derek however just snarls at him.

He gets on Stiles' lap and puts his head in Stiles' neck. Stiles stiffens, not expecting Derek to get so close. He begins rubbing his cheek on Stiles' neck and chest, Stiles stays still for him to finish scent marking him.

"Derek's been a bit on  edge since you left." Peter declares, sitting next to them both.

"A bit?" Stiles questions flatly. Peter nods, with a guilty smile.

Derek growls, "Still smell like another wolf." He mutters and Stiles gently pushes him off.

"I'll go take a shower." Stiles says and gets up. Derek grabs his wrist.

"Use shampoo that's in there." He grunts and Stiles nods at him, slipping out of his grip.

Stiles guesses his also going to have to change his clothes, he has a funny thought to just grab Peter's clothes to see his reaction. Stiles sneaks into Peter's room quietly and grabs a shirt and shorts, he laughs to himself, he can just imagine Peter's face. He goes to the bathroom and starts the shower, he sighs and gets out of his clothes and steps into the shower.

Stiles sighs contently as the hot water melts his shoulder muscles loose and he relaxes. He grabs the bar of soap and begins scrubbing his skin, he grabs the mint shampoo that he's sure Derek uses and massages it into his hair. It's a nice  scent and Stiles feels clean for once, he turns the water off and gets out. He should probably wash the clothes that smell like Scott and not wear them for awhile.

Stiles dries off and then scrubs his hair dry, he gets dresses and steals Derek's brush and combs his hair back. He isn't surprised to find that Peter's clothes are big on him, his shoulder hangs out of one side, but he shrugs. He grabs his clothes and the towel he used and goes to the laundry room first, he starts a load and then heads back to the living room.

Peter and Derek look up when he walks in and Peter inhales and chokes on air, staring at Stiles wide eyed. Derek's eyes flash and he snarls, but Stiles doesn't really notice Derek, to caught up in Peter's reaction. Derek doesn't like that Stiles is wearing his Uncle's clothes, he snarls loudly enough that Stiles hears him.

"Do I still smell like Scott?" Stiles asks turning to Derek, Derek goes towards him and snarls.

"No, you smell like Peter." Derek grits out and Stiles' eyebrows furrow.

"I thought you were fine with Peter? He's pack Derek." Stiles questions and Derek snarls.

"That doesn't mean you should wear his clothes!" Derek shouts and Stiles frowns, turning to look at Peter, which Derek doesn't seem to like. 

One minute, Peter and Stiles are making eye contact, and the next Derek has Stiles pinned to the wall with a hand around his throat. Stiles' eyes widen and he flinches backwards, staring at Derek. Derek's hand tightens and suddenly Stiles can't breath, he starts panicking.

Peter comes over to Derek and puts a hand on his arm, Derek's eyes are blue, fangs out and his claws are starting to dig into Stiles' neck, leaving blood to drip down his neck. Peter smells the blood, and snarls at Derek.

"Look at him Derek, you're hurting him." Peter growls and Derek's eyes fade to forest green, he looks at Stiles, who's clawing at his wrist and turning red. Derek's eyes widen and he takes a step away from Stiles, who falls to the ground coughing harshly. He claws at his throat, sucking in air, Peter crouches next to him and rubs his back.

Derek can't move, he hurt Stiles. Almost killed him, he can smell the blood in the air and he pales. Stiles looks up at him with tears in his eyes, looking terrified. Derek runs up the spiral staircase and doesn't look back when Peter growls his name harshly. He's such an idiot, he hurt Stiles, Stiles is hurt because of him.