Chapter 33

Stiles shakes his head, he needs to focus on what he's actually supposed to be doing. He blinks when he realizes that there's an argument happening between Scott and Peter. Peter is still right beside Stiles, but he's a little in front of him, in what can only be interpreted as a protective gesture. Stiles blinks and gives Derek a confused look, Derek just shrugs.

"You shouldn't even be here, you won't be a part of Stiles' pack." Scott snarls, and Peter flinches. Stiles doesn't need to be a werewolf to figure that Peter is hurt about the statement, but he masks it with rage.

"Who are you to speak for me Scott?" Stiles questions calmly, he's deadly calm and has the expression on his face that Scott recognizes as pissed to the point he becomes detached. Peter steps to Stiles' side with an unreadable face.

"Well, it's obvious you aren't letting him in your pack, bro." Scott says with a 'duh' tone, and Stiles' eyes narrow. He wraps his hand around Peter's wrist, and reassures him through the pack bond, reassures him about his place in Stiles' pack. Reassures him that Derek is there, and so is Stiles, and that they aren't going anywhere.

"It's obvious, is it?" Stiles drawls, he releases Peter and steps forward. "Let's get one thing straight, that goes for all of you. Peter and Derek are already a part of my pack, yes I'm human, but I'm acting as their Alpha, with or without the spark." Stiles' voice is firm and cold.

"Can we trust Peter?" Lydia asks, eyes narrowed in Peter's direction, Stiles steps in front of Peter, keeping him from eyesight. Protecting him, and taking Lydia's attention away from Peter at the same time.

"That's for you to decide on your own, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I trust him with my life. Shut up, Scott." Stiles says when Scott opens his mouth. "Being in my pack will be different. We will all act like a family, because that's what pack is, like a family.

"If any of you, do not want to be in my pack, I won't take offence. I'll prepare lists of other Alphas in the area, or around. You can decide for yourself if you join their pack, or not. In my pack, I won't expect much, just that you try to establish pack bonds with everyone, and work together. There are no fighting between pack members unless playful, and betrayal to one, or more members will have serious consequences." Stiles looks Alison directly in the eyes when he says the last part.

"Threats to the town, and pack will be taken seriously, if they've killed a bunch of people, or even just one in town, there will be no chasing out of town." Stiles continues, no one says anything, and Stiles finally feels his nerves break through. Is he being too much right now?

"You can't mean you'll kill them?" Scott questions with a look of astonishment.

Stiles shoots him a look. "Letting them go so they have the chance to kill again isn't an option, Scott. If there's an intruder in our territory that hasn't killed, or attacked anyone, I won't harm them, but I might not let them stay here either. This is how I'll be as an Alpha, if you don't like it, then I can give you the information for the other Alphas in the area." Stiles declares, Scott stares mouth agape.

"If we're going to do this, we better start now." Peter interrupts, and Stiles nods.

"You do still want to do this right Scotty?" Stiles inquires, sending Scott a look.

"I- yeah, I guess so." Scott responds, and Stiles just sighs and nods, he turns to address the pack one more time.

"None of you have to join my pack if you don't want to, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything." Stiles declares, and then walks towards Scott. "Let's get this started." Peter and Derek walk behind Stiles, hovering. 

Stiles can feel their worry through the pack bond, but sends nothing but reassurances back. Stiles believes that this will work, he doesn't have ill intent, to his pack, or others. Unless they threaten the people in this town, or his pack. Even then, he's not entirely sure he'd kill them. 

Stiles thinks there should be a supernatural type prison, for criminals that are supernatural, having them in a regular prison wouldn't work. Something that isn't Eichen House that abuses the patients, Stiles should get his Dad in there for an investigation. Of both parts of the hospital, Stiles is going to need to do a lot of research after this. He's also going to have to talk to Peter, and Derek about it, if there's such a prison they would know about it.

Stiles and Scott stand facing each other, Scott holds out his hands and Stiles takes them. Scott closes his eyes and seems to be trying to focus, Stiles can't feel anything right away, but then his hands begin to tingle. Stiles stares down at them, it feels really weird. Scott is making a weird face, but it doesn't look like he's in pain, so Stiles figures it's okay so far. 

Stiles can somehow sense the power travelling into him, can almost feel it fill his veins, and muscles. It's like filling an empty cup, like Stiles was empty before this, and the spark is filling whatever was empty. It feels like it's very close to being done, and Stiles wants to cheer, because nothing is going badly. Not to mention, it's working. The spark is transferring properly, and Stiles can feel it under his skin.

It's going as planned, but of course they have the worst luck in the history of luck. Before anyone can react, least of all Stiles there's a blur in the corner of his eye, the next thing he knows is that he's sprawled out on the dirt. He loses contact with Scott, and fire runs through his veins. Stiles screams, it hurts. There's so much pain, he feels panic, but isn't sure if it's his, or coming through the pack bond. 

All he can do is wither, and scream. The fire doesn't dull, and faintly he thinks he hears Peter's enraged roar, and him pouncing on whoever tackled both Stiles and Scott. Liam is at Scott's side, Stiles can barely make it out, but his vision keeps blurring in and out. Scott, doesn't seem to be in any pain, and Stiles wonders why his veins feel like they're burning. 

Stiles doesn't know what's happening, why he's in so much pain, but he thinks it might be because of how forcefully they were ripped a part, and the spark didn't transfer fully. Stiles looks down at Derek's hand on his forearm, and frowns. Derek can't take the pain away, the black veins are there, but they don't pull anything. Derek is scowling, and Stiles can feel his panic through their bond.

Stiles tries to tell Derek that they have to complete the bond, that there's a part of the Alpha spark still in Scott, but his vision is beginning to blacken. Stiles can feel unconsciousness threatening to overwhelm him. He grips Derek tightly, Stiles' eyes are fluttering, they want nothing but to rest, but Stiles needs to stay awake, has to fight it. 

He won't let himself go under, but he figures he must've, because when he looks up, Derek is gone. Stiles falls unconscious surprisingly fast after that, no matter how hard he fights it.