Chapter 4

Stiles wakes up slowly, first, he hears what's going on, then he opens his eyes. He stretches his body out and hears it pop. There's a weight on his legs and chest, when he turns his attention to it, he sees black curls and tanned skin. Derek's legs are tangled with his and he's sprawled out on Stiles' chest. He turns to where he last saw Peter, but he isn't there, when he turns his head to the floor he finds Peter laying there. He's on his back, one of his hands is on Stiles' arm his leg touching Derek's side. He has a peaceful look on his face and he's snoring quietly, Stiles wishes he had his phone to take a picture.

The others don't seem to be around, they must've gone home after he fell asleep. Hopefully, they all got home okay, Stiles isn't that worried though, they can all take care of themselves. He lays there for another minute before moving Derek off of him and onto the couch. Derek curls up there, he frowns a little but relaxes.

Peter, on the other hand, wakes up as soon as his hand leaves Stiles' arm. His eyes are bright blue and he's scanning the room, then his eyes fall on Stiles and his eyes go back to the normal blue. Stiles is a bit unnerved but smiles at Peter anyways. Peter just goes back to sleep on the floor, Stiles goes to the kitchen to look for stuff to make breakfast.

__________

It's about an hour later that Derek and Peter wake up. Stiles has food made for all three of them and made some coffee. The wolves wake up with flaring nostrils and sleepily walk into the kitchen, Stiles has their plates laid out on the table and they both sit, Derek closest to Stiles. He made banana, and chocolate chip pancakes, Derek and Peter dig in as soon as they sit down. They mumble their praises in between bites, or with their mouths full. For Derek, it's just purring and rumbling.

Stiles smiles behind his coffee cup, this is what a pack is supposed to be, he doesn't even know what it would feel like or be, he's not a wolf. Somehow he just knows this is what it's supposed to be like, to feel like. You're supposed to feel safe and content, you're supposed to scent-mark your pack, and make them feel loved. Something that Scott lacks, Stiles frowns, their pack is falling apart and Scott needs to step up and do something.

Scott's problem is swooning over girls and not paying attention to anything or anyone else. When the world is literally about to implode, that becomes a problem for the pack, they aren't his priority. Stiles' frown deepens as he realizes that Scott can probably already feel the pack falling apart and just hasn't done anything about it.

Derek whines at Stiles, flaring his nostrils. Peter furrows his brows and inhales, his eyes flicker over to Stiles and he tilts his head slightly. Derek is staring intently at Stiles, almost telling Stiles to spill the tea, and Stiles flicks his forehead softly, with a laugh.

"Your scent changed. What happened?" Peter demands, Stiles smiles at the two of them to try to reassure them a little.

"Nothing, I was just thinking," Stiles responds and Peter narrows his eyes at him.

Stiles grabs the dishes and starts heading into the other room, Derek whines again and Stiles sighs. Peter's watching him carefully as if he's about to do something stupid or something. He places the dishes into the sink and then begins washing them, Peter walks over and leans against the counter.

"What were you thinking about?" He pries and Stiles says, glancing at him briefly before sighing.

"Just how Scott's becoming a bit of an incompetent Alpha." Stiles replies bluntly, and Peter snorts. "He can probably feel the pack falling apart, feel some pack bond slipping or falling apart, but he hasn't done anything about it."  He continues to explain and Peter watches him carefully.

"What do you want to do about that?" Stiles puts the dishes in Derek's drying rack and dries his hands off. He turns and leans against the counter, looking at both Peter and Derek.

"Get him to give his spark up." Stiles declares and Peter chokes on his spit, staring at Stiles like he has grown two heads. "I'm serious." Peter nods.

"Yeah, I can hear that. That's why I'm so surprised." Peter answers and Stiles shrugs.

"He's not taking it seriously, he doesn't know how a pack is supposed to be. None of us teenagers do, so either one of you teaches Scott how to be an Alpha, or he gives the spark to someone who would be a good Alpha and take care of the pack." Stiles explains and Peter hums thoughtfully.

Derek growls at the teaching Scott part and Peter's scowl tells Stiles he's not on board either, he sighs but grins at both of them.

"Who do you have in mind?" Peter asks with a cold tone, and Stiles grins.

"Either you or Derek." Peter's eyes widen, "you both know what a pack should feel like, you both know how to be Alphas and what they're supposed to be like. Makes sense that one of you should get the spark." Stiles finishes and looks up at Derek.

"You'd trust me with the Alpha spark after the last time?" Peter raises an eyebrow at Stiles and Stiles faces him fully.

"Last time, you had just recovered from a coma and you were feral. You'd be a better Alpha this time, as long as you don't just want to be one for power that is." Stiles says softly and Peter smiles and feels actual happiness for the first time since the fire.

Derek watches them and tilts his head, his eyes land on Peter and he carefully comes towards him. He sniffs at Peter and whines loudly, it's filled with agony and Stiles flinches staring at the two of them. Peter smiles at Derek and ruffles his hair affectionately, Derek leans into the touch with another whine. Peter runs his hand along the back of Derek's neck, scent marking him, for the first time since the fire and Derek shivers under the contact.

Stiles smiles at the two betas and then sidetracks himself. Can you even get the Alpha spark out of a True Alpha? Stiles knows he's read something along the lines of transferring a spark, he knows that you can give your spark up to heal someone. The question is, can you willingly give your spark to another willing person? Stiles needs to go back on a research beige, he'll have to see Deaton, Stiles doesn't like him very much.

Maybe Peter has some books he can borrow, he can also talk to Allison, and see if her Dad has any books Stiles can use. It's not that he wants to dis his brother, but he's a shitty Alpha and doesn't put the pack before everything else, it doesn't even feel like a pack. Stiles never felt pack bonds with any of them, not even Scott and that hurts.

He can feel ones with Derek and Peter pulsing right now, and if this is what they feel like, if this is how happy they can make you, then it's no wonder Peter went feral by himself and Derek was always so grumpy after the fire. They make Stiles less lonely, he can feel some of their emotions too, but it mostly just makes him feel so much better, he feels cared for in a way Scott's never provided. It's something he can physically feel, in his chest and he's not sure if they are pack bonds.

"Stiles?" Peter says loudly and Stiles jumps in surprise. He turns to see Derek and Peter staring at him.

"What?" He questions and Peter shakes his head.

"Derek and I were talking about which one of us would get the Alpha spark." Peter replies and Stiles hums before Peter's words process.

"Wait, talking?" Stiles inquires raising an eyebrow.

"Derek understands what we're saying, so he just nods yes or no." Peter explains and Stiles narrows his eyes and sighs.

"Well, have you decided then?" Stiles watches both men carefully.

"It's your choice." Peter says and Stiles can see Derek nod.

"So I take it the spell is wearing off, considering he understands and is trying to communicate."  Peter nods in agreement.

"Can you even take a True Alpha's spark and give it to someone else?" Stiles blurts and Peter tilts his head to one side.

"You suggested it when you didn't even know if it was a possibility?" He laughs at Stiles, and it isn't mocking, it's a genuine laugh. Stiles smiles, glad he's finally happy again, that both Derek and Peter are. They deserve to be, and Stiles is glad to be a part of that.