Chapter 64

Derek is nervous, Peter can tell without even being able to feel his nerves done the pack bond. Peter also thinks he knows why he's so nervous, considering he's wearing nice clothes and so was Stiles before he left. They're going to tell Noah about their relationship.

Peter wants to laugh, because there's no way Noah doesn't already know, he's a cop after all, and a decent one at that. Derek is pacing and Peter sighs, he walks over and pats Derek on the shoulder.

"It's going to be fine nephew dearest, just be yourself and he'll love you." Peter smiles softly and Derek stares at him for a second.

"Thanks Uncle Peter," Derek sighs and runs a hand through his hair. Peter stands there frozen, Derek just called him, was he hearing things? "Are you okay?" Derek asks and Peter blinks.

"Yeah, fine. Umm you kids have fun." Peter responds and flees upstairs to process what just happened.

__________________

Noah Stilinski has been laughing at his son for a while now, not out loud of course, but the point still stands. Stiles doesn't think he knows that he's in a relationship with Derek Hale, and that is just the most laughable thing he's ever heard. Regardless of what his son might think, he didn't become the Sheriff for his good looks, or because he was the only option. He got the job because he's damn good at it, and he's no shit detective either.

He will of course be doling out the shovel talk, how could he not, he's still Stiles' father after all. But he's a little amazed at his son, because Noah is still rather observant and he knows they're both head over heels for each other. It makes him miss Claudia and wish she were here to see their baby fall in love.

Noah can't wait to scare the shit out of Derek and embarrass the shit out of his son. Serves his son right for not realising he'd figured them out already. Really, who exactly does Stiles think he is.

_______________

An hour later, Stiles is arriving by himself first. Noah thinks it's a tactic to soften him up before Derek arrives. Noah wonders if Stiles plans on staying in the house more often, but he doubts it. He's basically moved himself into their loft, Derek's loft, ah hell Noah doesn't know who's loft it is.

Not that it matters, it's either both of theirs, or just Derek's, but it might as well be all of theirs considering they all live there. Noah either way is just glad he actually knows where Stiles is staying and that Stiles calls him regularly or drops his lunch or dinner off if he's been working too long. 

"Hey Daddio," Stiles greets, laying a kiss on Noah's cheek. "How's it hanging?" Noah reaches up and ruffles Stiles' hair from his spot at the kitchen table. 

"It's going kid, what are you doing here so early, and without Derek?" Stiles rubs the back of his neck. 

"Well, I figured we could spend some time together first. What do you say?" Noah narrows his eyes and turns his attention back to the newspaper he was reading.

"I think you're tryna suck up to me." Noah responds without a beat and Stiles gaps at him.

"That hurts Pops, like a sucker punch truly." Stiles places a hand against his chest and stares at Noah. 

"Yeah, yeah. Just call Derek and tell him to get his wolfy ass over here already." Noah snarks and Stiles sighs loudly. 

"Fine, but we haven't even talked about what we're making for dinner." Stiles grumbles while pulling his phone out. 

"I decided on steak, and you can't say no because it's already soaking in oil and spice just waiting to be cooked." Noah calls and Stiles groans.

"We're making green beans then!" Stiles yells and it's Noah's turn to groan. 

Stiles comes back into the room and Noah sighs, do they even have green beans, knowing his son they probably do. 

"Can we at least make the good baked potatoes then." Noah whines and Stiles grins before sighing.

"Yeah, fine. But only because I'm not dealing with a grumpy you later on." Stiles allows and Noah grins. 

"You just wanna butter me up." Noah accuses lightly and Stiles clears his throat. Noah knows him too well. 

_______________________

Derek shows up a little while later with a sheepish grin and a firm handshake. Noah is a little impressed because if Derek is in anyway nervous Noah can't tell, at least not on the surface level. Noah is good at reading people, but Derek just looks happy to be here with them. 

"Nice to see you Derek," Noah greets and Derek smiles charmingly. "How've you been?" Derek and him sit at the table while Stiles checks on dinner. 

"I've been good sir, thank you. How have you been?" Derek returns politely. 

"Also well thanks." Noah responds and Derek nods.

They chat for awhile before Stiles announces dinner is ready, Noah feels a bit bad for not cooking himself, but he also knows Stiles would've booted him out of the kitchen the minute he stepped foot inside it. Noah does help him set the food on the table and then they all dig in while chatting briefly. 

"So, Derek and I wanted to talk to you about something," Stiles starts and Noah nods while shoving more potatoes into his mouth. "We've been dating, for a little while now." Stiles blurts and Derek's cheeks redden while he averts his eyes. 

"Duh," Noah states shoving more potatoes into his mouth, Stiles pauses and stares at him. "You realise that I'm a decent police officer right?" Noah questions, and Stiles clears his throat looking away.

"Of course I know that, I just didn't think you knew." Stiles blushes and Noah smirks.

"You know when he was a kid," Noah directs at Derek and Stiles sends him a panicked look. "He used to try to help me solve cases that came up. What did you call it Stiles?" Noah contemplates for a second. "Oh, right. He called himself the second best detective." Noah glances at Stiles with a smile.

"Who was the first best?" Derek asks with a soft laugh, Noah laughs.

"Why, it was me of course." Noah smiles at Stiles embarrassed face, Derek laughs. "Now Derek, just remember I have a gun and know how to use it should you hurt my son, and I'm sure I know better than most criminals how to hide a body." Stiles squeaks and Derek pales.

"Oh my God, Dad!" Stiles' face is completely red now, and Noah grins. 

"It had to be said." Noah responds calmly, glancing at Derek.

"I'll um, keep that in mind." Derek responds faintly and Noah nods.

"Be sure that you do." Stiles groans into his hands.

Mission accomplished, Noah thinks with a grin.