Chapter 2

Derek presses closer to Stiles but doesn't make a sound. Peter squints at his nephew, he stands from the staircase, he can't be trying to protect Stiles. Maybe he's trying to protect himself. Peter approaches Stiles, away from Derek, he just stands close to Stiles' side. Peter doesn't make a move to touch Stiles, but Derek's eyes are glued to Peter and he growls quietly. Peter seems to be the only one that picks up on it, he doesn't move from his spot near Stiles and is bold enough to make eye contact with Derek.

Derek snarls and Stiles looks at him with a frown, Derek stops looking at Peter and turns his attention to Stiles' face. He just stares at Stiles, Stiles huffs and turns his attention back to the others, Derek's attention is back on Peter. Peter wonders what would happen if he tried to steal Stiles away from Derek. He wonders how Derek would react, and if he should give it a shot or leave his curiosity for tomorrow. He decides to try something else.

"Hey Stiles, can I have a word?" Peter asks, and then just to Stiles, "Alone." Stiles nods and moves away from Derek. Much to Derek's displeasure, but he listens as Stiles tells him to stay with Scott.

Peter and Stiles go to the kitchen for some privacy, or as much as they can get with werewolves in the loft.

"What's up Peter?" Stiles asks, eyeing him.

"Why do you think Derek is trying to protect you? I mean why not his Alpha, Scott is his Alpha isn't he?" Peter drawls, pretending to be uninterested. Stiles knows better and narrows his Bambi eyes at him.

"Why do you think he's protecting me?" Stiles asks instead of answering, Peter smirks, clever boy.

"Now, Stiles. Why not just answer the question?" Peter gives him a pointed look, to which Stiles rolls his eyes at. Peter places a hand on Stiles' arm and Peter can hear Derek snarl at the action.

Stiles glances at the hand on his arm and then back to Peter, he has a frown in place and he's watching Peter with suspicion. He narrows his eyes and then gets a dead serious look on his face.

"What are you playing at?" Stiles sneers at him stepping closer to Peter until he's in Peter's space and Peter's lips twitch in amusement.

Peter inhales Stiles' scent and smirks in satisfaction, there's no fear, just anger and frustration. Peter laughs softly and smiles at Stiles with too many teeth. Derek snarls loudly and Stiles' attention is drawn to the other room, he tries to go see what's happening, but Peter's hand slips to his wrist in a tight grip. Stiles hisses in pain and Derek snarls so loudly, it's almost a roar.

The next thing Peter knows he's being thrown into the cupboards, and one of the cupboard doors comes off with the force of his body hitting it, he looks up from the floor to see Derek in front of Stiles, in a protective stance. His eyes are bright blue and he's growling at Peter, Peter eyes him. His claws and fangs are out, and he has little sideburns on the sides of his face. He's fully wolfed out and ready to protect Stiles, apparently at any cost.

"Interesting." He muses and Stiles looks at him in disbelief over Derek's shoulder. Derek pushes Stiles more towards the kitchen counter so that Stiles is between Derek and the counter. The others have come to see what's happening and are looking at the scene with confusion, they look between the pair and Peter like they don't know what to do.

Stiles sighs and goes to move in between Peter and Derek so they don't start anything, but Derek snarls at him and he freezes. Derek stills immediately after and turns to face Stiles a little bit, he whines and lowers his head, showing he's sorry. Stiles relaxes a little bit but eyes him as he carefully moves in between Peter and Derek, Derek keeps his eyes on Stiles, but glances at Peter now and then to make sure he isn't going to try anything.

"Derek," Stiles says softly and Derek turns to him and watches him carefully, "Peter didn't hurt me, it's fine, relax." He says firmly, he makes eye contact with Derek the whole time. Peter's eyes widen, he's surprised Stiles bothered to say anything to defend him.

Derek deflates with a huff, fangs and claws disappearing and he returns to normal, he doesn't speak though. Stiles turns to Peter and glares.

"And you, would you quit annoying him on purpose? He will attack you, a witch cast a spell on him." Stiles says in a firm voice, Peter turns his head away to hide his fond smile, he loves how Stiles challenges him without fear.

"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one?" Stiles smirks, mischief in his eyes, and Peter's heart skips a beat, Stiles just quoted what Peter had said to Stiles on the field, over Lydia's bloodied form.

"Now Stiles, I never took you for the sentimental type." Peter exaggerates, and Stiles scoffs at him.

"You wish CreeperWolf." Stiles laughs and Peter smirks at him.

Stiles extends a hand to Peter and yanks him up and onto his feet. Derek growls softly, and Stiles shoots him a look, Derek whines. Stiles rolls his eyes at Derek and turns to the group of teens.

"Can we please get back to figuring out what is wrong with Derek and how to find the witches?" Stiles sighs and the others nod, they all turn and walk into the living room taking their original spots.

Stiles heads back into the living room, with Derek close at his side, glaring at Peter. Peter just smirks at him and Stiles shoots Peter a nasty look when Derek growls in response, Peter gives him an amused look, and Stiles rolls his eyes and then ignores Peter. Stiles stands near the wall, Derek follows him and looks at Peter suspiciously. Peter goes back to the staircase and watches the pack.

"Alright, so if we go searching for witches again, we aren't splitting up, especially from the pack human." Stiles declares narrowing his eyes in Scott's direction, Scott smiles sheepishly in response.

"Agreed," Erica states, glaring at Scott, "Batman could've been hurt." Stiles smiles at her.

"Okay, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the witches?" Stiles questions, but his eyes fall on Peter immediately and they make eye contact.

"Well, why don't we just see if we can track them?" Liam suggests, Stiles shoots him a disbelieving look.

"What part of witches do you not get?" Stiles spits in annoyance. "They mask their scents, especially when they're in werewolf territory. That's why none of you knew they were in town." Peter looks at Stiles in surprise, although he guesses he shouldn't be that surprised. Stiles researches the things he doesn't know about, until he knows everything there is to know and maybe even more than that.

Peter would know considering how much research they do together, and he's watched Stiles do it. He zones out and is fully absorbed in whatever he's reading or looking at and he mutters to himself or Peter about certain things. Stiles looks back at Peter expectantly and they make eye contact again, this time Stiles raises an eyebrow at him as if telling him to spill the beans. That or share the information with Stiles, Stiles knows that Peter doesn't like the pact, and only likes him. Stiles plays his cards well.

"Well, the only reason a witch casts a spell on other supernaturals is because....?" Peter prompts, eyes focused on Stiles, Stiles blinks.

"Is if they are offended by the other supernatural." Stiles finishes and Peter lets a genuine smile slip.

"The only way for the spell to be reversed is to?" Stiles grins at Peter, in a very wolf-like fashion.

"Either kill them, with fire. Or ask for their forgiveness." Peter smirks at him, at the killing part especially.

"Clever boy." Peter praises, Derek snarls at Peter for the comment. Stiles just flicks Derek's nose and Derek gives him a confused puppy face.

"So Derek, what did you do to offend the witches." Stiles hums, eyeing Derek. The others eye both Stiles and Peter in confusion, not quite understanding what just happened. Idiots, Peter thinks, they're all idiots.

"Alright, so we can go into the woods again, as a group," Stiles emphasizes the last part. "And find the witches, I doubt Derek will be able to apologize to them, considering his," Stiles pauses eyeing Derek. "State."

"So that means that we will have to do it for him." Stiles smiles at the group of teens, a mischievous glint in his eyes before he says. "Or we kill them." The others look at him like he's crazy, but Peter smirks. Stiles would make a great wolf.