Chapter 68

Stiles is planning on visiting Scott later today, he can feel the strain on their pack bond and how lonely Scott feels, but he wanted to make sure Scott understood the purpose of this. It's a way for him to learn how real packs should function and how their pack might be a little different because most of them weren't raised wolves like Peter or Derek.

Stiles isn't sure if Scott will decide to stay with Satomi or not, but a part of Stiles almost hopes that if he doesn't that he at least will learn his place within the pack. It's not easy to just tell Scott things, Stiles believes the only way to get a point across to Scott is by showing him.

Stiles tires of the idea of having to put Scott into his place all the time.

_________

The pack without Scott is a little more lively, Stiles finds this a bit strange but doesn't question it. There must be a reason why they all have more fun without Scott around and it's not like Scott was ever really that fun, to begin with when he was an Alpha.

No one in the pack asks about him much and Stiles wonders if any of them have a pack bond with him. Liam should have one to Scott because Scott turned him, but Stiles can feel that bond strong and bright through the Alpha spark in his chest, so maybe it transferred to Stiles when the spark did. But shouldn't he have one with Scott?

"Liam, come here a sec." Stiles calls and Liam comes to stand in front of him with a curious tilt to his head.

"What's up?" Liam responds and Stiles smiles at him. He's glad that none of them treat him that differently just because he gained the Alpha spark.

"I just wanted to ask you if you have or had a pack bond with Scott." Stiles says and Liam tilts his head at him for a second with a furrow between his brows.

"I mean, at first yeah, but you know how Scott is. He pushed his wolf down and didn't really integrate with it, he never touched any of us like an Alpha should and so our bond got weaker over time." Liam responds with a thoughtful expression, but Stiles frowns.

"How come I can feel our bond so strongly then?" Stiles asks and Liam grins at him.

"That's because my bond with you has always been stronger, you were always offering touch to me in some form, and now that you have the Alpha spark it's only gotten stronger and you can feel it too now. But also you've shown all of us that you're a worthy Alpha, that you'll protect us no matter what." Liam smiles softly, looking a little embarrassed after his explanation.

"You mean you had a pack bond with me before I got the spark and the only reason I didn't know was because I couldn't feel it?" Stiles stares for a minute and Liam just nods. "Wow, I'm sorry I wasn't able to feel it then, if I'd known I would've insisted we have pack cuddles and days we all just spent together." Liam laughs softly.

"And now you know what I mean, total mama wolf." Liam laughs at the look on Stiles' face and dances out of reach when Stiles goes to ruffle his hair.

It dissolves into everyone joining in chasing each other around the room, God Stiles loves this pack.

________________________

Scott feels very isolated in this pack, seeing the way they all casually touch each other and how they don't touch Scott. It makes him realize how he never really touched any of his Betas either, how he kept them in the pack with few touches on a job well done and that was about it. If this is how they felt then Scott can understand why none of them wanted him to stay their Alpha.

He thinks maybe it was a good thing that Stiles ended up with the Alpha spark, it just sucks he had to send him out here for Scott to clue into that fact.

_____________________________

A part of Stiles is beginning to wonder if they should even allow Scott back into their pack, Stiles loves Scott, but a lot of the pack members seem to be opening up a bit more without Scott around and Stiles can feel their pack bonds to him strengthening because of that. Stiles wonders if this will all change with Scott back.

It's just that Liam is smiling a lot more often, he rarely gets angry and when he does all it seems to take is a soft touch from Stiles and he begins to calm down. Stiles isn't sure how he or his wolf would react if Liam went back into his shell and became angrier instead of this happy, laughing person their beginning to get used to.

It's not just Liam either, Stiles has noticed a lot of the pack has been smiling more often and touching each other as well as him more often. It makes Stiles a little sad that they haven't had much touch until now. The Alpha spark adores the pack and is always encouraging Stiles to touch his pack members.

It makes Stiles wonder how in sync Scott is with his wolf. Stiles tried his best to help him with his control, but he was going off of lore and most likely fake shit on the internet. Stiles figured once Scott had aced the control bit, everything else would fall into place. That Scott would connect with his wolf, in a way maybe that's on Stiles because Scott has always been more laid back about things. It usually took Melissa getting on his case for him to do things.

Stiles isn't even really that surprised all things considered. Scott was always going on about how being bitten ruined his chances of normal teenage years, while Stiles nodded along not paying much attention because it was the same thing over and over again.

Stiles has to make a decision based on what's best for the pack and considering the Alpha spark already doesn't like him, the rest of the pack becoming more outgoing without Scott around really doesn't bode well for him.

Stiles needs to make a decision soon, it's unfair to Satomi's pack to have Scott around when he's not technically pack to them. Maybe in a couple of weeks, he can create some of those bonds though. Stiles can hope anyway.