Chapter 22

Peter ends up driving them back to Derek's loft, they decide to watch a movie and relax together, Derek just needs to be around his pack. Stiles can tell the wolves are happier now, they scent him like crazy though, brush against him when they pass. Stiles always just smiles, but if they keep doing that he might have to get revenge.

Stiles demands that they make hot chocolate, because it's good and he loves it, Derek bought some to keep in the loft just because he likes drinking it, the others didn't understand why he liked hot chocolate so much, but Derek didn't mind getting it.

They make hot chocolate mixed with cinnamon and put whipped cream on top, because you can't have hot chocolate without it, Derek bought whipped cream for such occasions. Stiles smiles with a warm mug in his hands and his pack pressed on either side of him. The Hales don't like hot chocolate as much as Stiles, but they do drink it every once in awhile, sometimes when they crave something sweet.

They decide to watch Spider-Man, cause it's one of Stiles' favorite movies and Derek also really likes Spider-Man, Peter really likes Iron Man, and Black Widow. Which Stiles gets, Black Widow is a very powerful female lead and personally Stiles thinks they need more of them.

Stiles texts his Dad quick saying that they're going to watch a movie in the loft and that Stiles will be home after that, he's Dad is still pissed he left the hospital, but he agrees and tells Stiles to text him if plans change.

Peter nuzzles into Stiles neck, and Stiles can faintly feel worry through the pack bond, he must've scared them pretty good. They don't seem to keen on letting Stiles go anytime soon, Derek has an arm wrapped around one of Stiles' and his head on Stiles' shoulder. Derek and Peter are curled into him, slouching on the couch to get as much contact with him as they can.

__________________

Stiles wakes slowly, his neck hurts and he's hot. He glances to his right and finds Peter gone, although Stiles can't see him around them. Derek however, is still there, curled around Stiles and producing his body heat which is causing Stiles to sweat. He wonders where Peter went, and what time it is, Stiles reaches for his phone on the coffee table.

It's already 6:00, Stiles sighs. His Dad has called him nine times over the last hour and a half, sent some texts too. Stiles tries to sit up, and move away from Derek, but Derek curls closer, holding onto Stiles tighter. Stiles can't really go any where considering how tightly Derek holds onto him if he even moves an inch.

"Peter?" Stiles mutters, he knows if Peter's awake that he'll pick up his voice. Stiles can't hear anything, and he doesn't see Peter around. "Where are you?" Stiles groans, Stiles tugs on Peter's pack bond and finds that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

Stiles can hear soft footsteps, and Peter is plopping beside Stiles again. Stiles doesn't even think about it he places his head in Peter's lap and closes his eyes, Peter makes a sound of amusement, and begins to play with Stiles' hair. It's been growing, and Peter runs his fingers through it, or rubbing at his scalp, it feels nice. Stiles can feel himself begin to drift back off.

__________________

Peter can hear Stiles heart beat even out, and is surprised that he goes back to sleep at all, but Peter continues to play with Stiles hair. It's soft, and Peter briefly wonders if Stiles uses conditioner, Stiles' nose scrunches up and he wiggles it. Peter huffs a laugh, Stiles is too cute, Peter glances over at Derek, and his eyes soften at the peaceful look on his face.

Peter continues to twirl Stiles' hair between his fingers, and stares at the ceiling. When Stiles hums, Peter's pretty sure he's still asleep. 

"What time is it?" Stiles' voice is gravely from sleep, and Peter jumps, he didn't realize Stiles was awake. Peter glances down at Stiles, his hair is a mess from both sleep and Peter playing with it, his eyes are a warm, liquid gold under the light. Peter almost melts under the stare.

Peter clears his throat, "It's," he pauses to glance at the clock on the wall. "8:00" Peter finishes, he hadn't realized that two hours had passed. Stiles heart beat quickens with panic. Peter returns his gaze on Stiles in his own panic.

"Why didn't you wake me sooner?" Stiles rushes and sits up quickly, reaching for his phone. "My Dad is going to kill me." Peter frowns.

"Stiles," Peter starts, Stiles doesn't slow down. "I already called your Dad, I told him that I could wake you and send you home, or drive you, but he said to just let you sleep. That it would be best if you just stayed over for the night, if we were okay with it, which we obviously are. Everything's fine, you can relax." Peter finishes with a laugh, and Stiles is staring at him now. 

A grin passes across his face, and he rushes at Peter to wrap him in a hug, Peter isn't expecting it, and stays stock still for a second. That doesn't deter Stiles though, who stick to him like glue, slowly Peter returns the hug, hiding his soft smile in Stiles' shoulder. This kid is just too adorable, and reminds Peter a lot of Cora.

"Thank you." Stiles says softly, and Peter's smiles at Stiles when they pull away, trying not to show Stiles how his eyes are staring to water with tears. Peter really misses Cora, he really misses his family.

Stiles leans back in and hugs Peter, and squeezes him tightly. Stiles must've felt it through the pack bonds, and Peter silently curses them, he really hates not being able to keep his emotions from people, but he has new pack bonds, and that's something he really never thought he would be cable of having ever again.

"You aren't alone Peter, and I know that Derek and I aren't the same as your last pack, but were still pack. We love you." Stiles whispers, and Peter allows his tears to spill over his cheeks, he wasn't expecting to be loved by anyone either, let alone by Derek again. 

Peter sobs into Stiles chest and somehow they both end up cuddling with each other, Peter is on Stiles' chest, his head resting over Stiles' chest. Peter can hear Stiles' heart beating, can feel it against his cheek, and Stiles is playing with his hair, it's soothing. For once Peter not only feels he's loved, but can feel it. With that feeling in his chest he falls asleep with Stiles' heart beat.